We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hunters, the Moors and you

Quote Originally Posted by SerowLOTRO View Post
    Off-topic question:

Why is there no open world pvp when the backdrop is the war against Sauron? Is it because the war hasn't come to the towns like Bree or the Shire yet, by the lore? Apologies, just started a few days ago and this oddity just seems... odd to me. "It's a war against Sauron... without the fighting."
    The war never really affects Eriador during the period that the Lord of the Rings takes place. In fact, all of the major battles in the Book take place in only a single month span of time. Bree only has one single skirmish between the Bree-folk and the Brigands in which the casualty list was 3 and 2. 3 being the number of men and 2 being the number of Hobbits who died defending Bree. The only battle that took place in The Shire did not take place until Frodo returned to The Shire. This was the Battle of Bywater in which 19 Hobbits died but over 75 Brigands were killed.

The major battles all took place in Mirkwood, Lothlorien, Dale/Erebor, Rohan, Gondor and just outside Mordor. There was the 1st and 2nd Battles for the Fords of Isen and Helm's Deep. 3 assaults on Lothlorien. the Ents attack on Isengard and on an army marching from Dol Guldur to try to flank Lothlorien, the siege of Gondor and the Corsair's attack on Pelargir. An assault on Thranduil's Realm in Northern Mirkwood from Dol Guldur. The attack by the Easterlings on Dale and Erebor. And finally the Battle in front of the Morannon which culminated in the destruction of the Ring. After this there were only 3 other notable fights. Galadriel and Celeborn leading the Golden Host to Dol Guldur with her utterly razing DG to the very foundations. Once DG was razed Celeborn marched north and linked up with Thranduil. And the Men and Dwarves besieged in Erebor sallying forth to drive off the Easterlings.

The 1st battle in all this took place on 25 Feb and the Morannon was on the 25th of Mar which is when the Ring was destroyed.
    Arthad Eketta Former Drill Sgt U.S. Army Reserves
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Officer of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

Quote Originally Posted by SerowLOTRO View Post
    Off-topic question:

Why is there no open world pvp when the backdrop is the war against Sauron? Is it because the war hasn't come to the towns like Bree or the Shire yet, by the lore? Apologies, just started a few days ago and this oddity just seems... odd to me. "It's a war against Sauron... without the fighting."
    the art of fighting widout fighting? show me some of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8HvKnEsto
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by NameAlreadyTaken View Post
    It's because every low-mid level zone would be filled with zergs of douchebags killing helpless PvE characters 20 or more levels below their max level Creeps. It would be pretty hard to have any sort of enjoyable questing experience if you were subject to open world PvP at every turn.
    This is where other games have failed at making the game fun for me by allowing high lvl characters access to low lvl areas to slaughter players to low to protect themselves.

Just watch the South Park WoW episode. Thats a prime example of why I like LOTRO PvP vs other games with a large PvP touch.
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Not interested.

I am not posting to attack the OP, I just want to make my vote heard on the off chance that a Dev reads this. I don't want Turbine wasting any resources on PvMP. This is not a PvP game and I want them to stay true to the commitment that they made when they announced they would add PvP elements.

If they really want to advance PvP they should sandbox it: no PvE players in PvP, period. Make it "fair" to both sides. But still, I don't even want to see this because it takes resources away from the rest of the game.

Note: I know there's a big segment of the population that enjoys PvP and I'm not trying to tell you how to play. But Turbine brought this on themselves, adding PvP to a game they said would be PvE. Now they have to reconcile the fact that they've got a half-assed implementation and a decent chunk of the player-base paying to use it.

I'm personally paying my monthly free for a PvE game and that's what I want it spent on.
    I agree with you on this. LOTRO is a PvE game, plain and simple. PvMP is a diversion, not the base core game. There are games out there that focus on PvP and that is where the main PvP crowd should go. Game designers have to focus on certain things, and it's no secret that for Turbine, that focus is a PvE game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000122581/01006/signature.png]Elladraen[/charsig]

Hunters = We are AWESOME! Creeps still hate us after 3 years!

The Moors = Found out its a bad idea to hit the Ettenmoors without shoes on. You dont know how many times I stepped in Warg poo.

Myself = I am friggin AWESOME! I sport out my rare moments of PvMP play with a proud Rank 5 which apparently to PvPers means jack but thats not what my record on the War says!
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2