We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

2 Tank method Durchest

So I was curious...I'm scared of using PB or any threat skill as the -Threat debuff increases to 50% on my Guardian counterpart. At what point do the Wardens that have done this with a guard start vamping up their threat? Which as I type this I realize we are still at -50% until the guard reaches that. So maybe its not that big of a deal...But I'll take the input anyway.

Thanks

Re: 2 Tank method Durchest

It's very simple to control if you are the first tank on Durchest. There isn't a good reason to have a Guardian acting as the beginning tank for the encounter over a Warden- espeially since you'll be bouncing aggro back and forth anyway.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042060000000c3c59/01008/signature.png]Giladros[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Matityahu View Post
    It's very simple to control if you are the first tank on Durchest. There isn't a good reason to have a Guardian acting as the beginning tank for the encounter over a Warden- espeially since you'll be bouncing aggro back and forth anyway.
    Sometimes it makes so much sense to hear other people say things. Thanks for the reply.

Always have the warden start the fight. I will hold agro at the -90% threat debuff with spamming PB and the raid not going full out on dps yet. Just have the guard use engage to copy your threat level. Then from there use threat skills sparingly, mainly only when masteries are up and the -threat debuff should take care of the agro switches for you.

Just make sure the guard you are running with understands how to trade agro with a warden well. The turtle is a nice place to practace. I ran BG once outside of my kin where the guard has never ran with a warden before. We had the first couple agro switches fine, but eventually my -70% threat was pulling agro from his -30% threat. He told me he was building as much threat as possible, while I did a very low threat rotation.
    [U][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/fraegar/"][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000febe8/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/URL] [/U]
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/meneldor/rissien/"]Rissien - Hunter[/URL] / [URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/323276/145241087983965675/"]Thuringol - Captain[/URL][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?367518-Telcontari-of-Meneldor-Downs-LT-HM-6-man&p=5077414#post5077414"][/URL]

If you park 3 bodies in front of the boss and then hop in later, you don't need to swap-tank. They take the whole threat debuff and the distributed attack. If you've got 2 tanks, then just wait until all 210% debuff is handed out and have the other tank jump in after. You can contribute DPS and cycle corruption removal.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissien View Post
    Always have the warden start the fight. I will hold agro at the -90% threat debuff with spamming PB and the raid not going full out on dps yet. Just have the guard use engage to copy your threat level. Then from there use threat skills sparingly, mainly only when masteries are up and the -threat debuff should take care of the agro switches for you.

Just make sure the guard you are running with understands how to trade agro with a warden well. The turtle is a nice place to practace. I ran BG once outside of my kin where the guard has never ran with a warden before. We had the first couple agro switches fine, but eventually my -70% threat was pulling agro from his -30% threat. He told me he was building as much threat as possible, while I did a very low threat rotation.
    I was in the same boat that is why I was asking, the last time we tried the guard said I was building too much threat. So I tried to slow down then we wiped and the gates locked.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    If you park 3 bodies in front of the boss and then hop in later, you don't need to swap-tank. They take the whole threat debuff and the distributed attack. If you've got 2 tanks, then just wait until all 210% debuff is handed out and have the other tank jump in after. You can contribute DPS and cycle corruption removal.
    Something about the delayed tank just didn't work out for my kin at all. Which neither is this as I'm posting in the forums for help...:S But it does make great sense to start off tanking then go from there, should be easy.

We just park 2 people in front until they get to 70% or so, then the tank steps in with them. This puts the tank at 10% while the assistants are at 100%. When I'm tanking, by the time the first 5 adds are down I've got so much threat built up that I can primarily focus on corruption removal and a HoT cycle for the rest of the fight, just throwing a PB every 15 sec when the mastery is up to hold aggro.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000013d3e9/signature.png]Derrial[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Dalthyn View Post
    We just park 2 people in front until they get to 70% or so, then the tank steps in with them. This puts the tank at 10% while the assistants are at 100%. When I'm tanking, by the time the first 5 adds are down I've got so much threat built up that I can primarily focus on corruption removal and a HoT cycle for the rest of the fight, just throwing a PB every 15 sec when the mastery is up to hold aggro.
    Right. You will be also be taking the distributed hits in addition to the direct attacks, though. If your healers can handle it, and if you don't get crit, then 3-tanking totally works. I think I'll be parking the captains in front. Big morale pools + Heavy armor.

Right. You will be also be taking the distributed hits in addition to the direct attacks, though. If your healers can handle it, and if you don't get crit, then 3-tanking totally works. I think I'll be parking the captains in front. Big morale pools + Heavy armor.
    If you have an AM traited LM keep Sign of Power: See all Ends up on Durchest, it makes the incoming damage extremely predictable. Couple that with Disable and it's not bad at all. Last week's run, I got crit exactly once the entire fight. Yup, captains work well, as do champs (extra dps on durchest). Or we've done it with guard + warden + either champ or capt in front of him.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000013d3e9/signature.png]Derrial[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Dalthyn View Post
    If you have an AM traited LM keep Sign of Power: See all Ends up on Durchest, it makes the incoming damage extremely predictable. Couple that with Disable and it's not bad at all. Last week's run, I got crit exactly once the entire fight. Yup, captains work well, as do champs (extra dps on durchest). Or we've done it with guard + warden + either champ or capt in front of him.
    Thanks for the tip on LM, I'm never quite sure what they're doing or are supposed to do.

Valuable advice, I appreciate all the input. I guess one more question on this for all the delayed tank groups. How long does it normally take for the 2 running up to get to 70%? Do they have to have aggro or is it all frontal AoE like cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by vodspeedkills View Post
    Valuable advice, I appreciate all the input. I guess one more question on this for all the delayed tank groups. How long does it normally take for the 2 running up to get to 70%? Do they have to have aggro or is it all frontal AoE like cleave?
    If you do a delayed tank strat, the assistants need to hold aggro while doing this, so that they'll be in front of Durchest. It usually takes 40-60 seconds to get at least 70% on the 2 assistants. What I usually do is stand behind Durchest and start applying light threat when their debuff gets to 30%. If I just do a PB now and then he generally turns to me when they get to 70-90% and as soon as I see him target me, I get back there with them. We keep ourselves tight in the corner where the easy-mode chest spawns, so that his knockbacks don't knock us out of range of the next cleave. It's possible for an assistant to lose their threat debuff entirely if you get an unlucky knockback at the wrong time, and they aren't in front of Durchest for the next cleave, and their debuff is about to expire. So we just play it safe and stick to the corner. Durchest will go away now and then to do his scripted attack on someone, we just wait for him to come back. If all goes correctly you will have the assistants at 100% perceived threat debuff, and the MT at either 10% or nothing, depending on whether you use the 2 assistant or 3 assistant method. I like to use 2 as I don't like to tie people up back there if I can avoid it.

The reason for SoP: See all Ends from the LM as I said above is that it's a crit rating debuff on the enemy. Couple that with a good melee crit def rating on your tank and crits are very rare. The likelihood of 2 back to back crits on his Devastating Melee Attack with that up is infinitesimal. SoP:SaE from the LM, Disable from the burg, and properly timed DnF skills from the RKs make hardmode very smooth for a well coordinated group, and the multiple assistant method smooths out the distributed damage from the cleave attacks very nicely. If you do want to go with the aggro swap method, it's probably a good idea to have a couple people standing next to the tanks on either side of Durchest whenever they're not busy dealing with an add, so your tank's not bearing the full brunt of the cleave. IMO this just overcomplicates things though and the assistant method is easier but YMMV. Good luck!
    [/CENTER]