We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New housing zones ...

I was wondering if anybody knows how turbine calculates that a new housing zone is needed? Are there any Dev comments on this?

I'd like to find out when a new one will open that way I can move in at the same time as my kin-mates since I couldn't even pay people in my zone to move out as only 3 of them have logged in during the past 9 months ... and i'm not even sure those people aren't 1 yr+ inactive tbh.

(we'd try a different populated zone, but there are at max 2 houses open in every other zone, not counting kin houses lol)

Re: New housing zones ...

the system ensures that some number (at least 1? maybe 2?) of normal, deluxe, and kinship homes are for sale at all times. If, for example, all the normal homes are sold out, it will make a new neighborhood, or if all deluxes are sold, etc. It appears to be infrequently tested though, maybe once or twice a week, so everthing can be sold out for a few days before a new hood pops up.

If your kin is large, you can force the issue with some cash invested... you can buy out the normal houses for example to force a new one to be opened, then drop and move to the new area. This would waste some gold and should only be done if you have gold to spare.

It is very simple. As long as there is at least one standard, one deluxe and one kin hall for sale then nothing is going to happen. Reduce one house size to zero - this situation persist for one day or so - new neighborhoods. The timer will reset if someone abandons a home. It does not start if there is an abandoned home being refurbished not yet on sale. Refurbishing can take as long as a 24 hours.

It is possible for all the deluxes to be sold. You check periodically. No new neighborhoods appears because there have been several abandons and sales.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by forusrname View Post
    If your kin is large, you can force the issue with some cash invested... you can buy out the normal houses for example to force a new one to be opened, then drop and move to the new area. This would waste some gold and should only be done if you have gold to spare.
    Note: There is a 24 hour cool down on buying homes. The folks doing the forcing might find themselves in the situation where they can not buy in the new neighborhood.

Just depends on how quickly the new neighborhoods arrive. If they arrive real slow, like I've typically seen. Not a problem. Some posters have reported seven days. Like refurbishing - it does not appear to be a fixed timer. It seems to be random. I have no idea what the low end is.

So there is no hope for some new dwarf housing because the same two deluxes 4 Frothing is lying there in wait to derail the launch of a new housing instance. As long as no one buys those two last deluxes on Landroval there will be no new dwarf housing ?

Quote Originally Posted by ashiya View Post
    So there is no hope for some new dwarf housing because the same two deluxes 4 Frothing is lying there in wait to derail the launch of a new housing instance. As long as no one buys those two last deluxes on Landroval there will be no new dwarf housing ?
    Correct. No need for more instances. There is a deluxe house for you. Your dislike of 4 Frothing is not considered.

Most people are not going to get the address they want. There is only one such address per instance. I got the address I wanted. It is not in the kinship community. That address was purchased already on housing launch day.

Well it's moot now I just found out the Superior Workbench area in Thorin's does not have a vendor there to sell you the ingredients so my Tailor still has to go to Esteldin.If that is the case might as well get the Shire for the Superior Study for my Scholar that has a vendor inside Mathom House and the superior oven and fields for farming for my cook and farmer.

Elf housing in Landroval just opened 3 instances . If anyone is interested.

Well it's moot now I just found out the Superior Workbench area in Thorin's does not have a vendor there to sell you the ingredients so my Tailor still has to go to Esteldin.If that is the case might as well get the Shire for the Superior Study for my Scholar that has a vendor inside Mathom House and the superior oven and fields for farming for my cook and farmer.
    You sure? Normally there is a rep vendor that requires Kindred to buy from that sells most (if not all) supplies.

I got 6 Myrtle in Shire the one with the apple tree so I gave up on Dwarf housing.

Yes there is a vendor there. Both a supplier and an expert tailor. You do need to have a certain amount of rep to access the supplier, but I think you can get stuff from the expert tailor when you first get access to the area. But you are better off buying the stuff you want from the housing vendor for the discount. If you are using your house port to get to the area anyway, it would not be that much out of your way to save some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokidottir View Post
    Yes there is a vendor there. Both a supplier and an expert tailor. You do need to have a certain amount of rep to access the supplier, but I think you can get stuff from the expert tailor when you first get access to the area. But you are better off buying the stuff you want from the housing vendor for the discount. If you are using your house port to get to the area anyway, it would not be that much out of your way to save some cash.
    I am glad to know this however my highest level is a level 37 LM and I doubt I will be moving out of 6 Myrtle in Shire housing any time soon seeing as it is in my opinion one of the prettiest settings ever and I don't have the money for another deluxe. I made my decision and Thorin is afterall one horse ride away.I will get that reputation and use the workshop because it is still more convenient than Esteldine.Currently though am working on the Inn League reputation for that lamp.

The Bree housing instance has opened another neighbourhood on Brandywine I noticed last night.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=silver][SIZE=1][B]Jharak [/B](65 Hnt)[B] Khandir [/B](87 Grd) [B]Bhrandir [/B](68 LM) [B]Bharahir [/B](100 Wdn)[B]

Brandywine[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]