We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

When are you guys ever going to fix

... the Master Craftsmen? Having the quest rings constantly on for The Last Homely House and Thorin's Hall is just irritating. I know it's a small thing, but it's been months and at least several patches. Is this fix really that hard?
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Re: When are you guys ever going to fix

It is indeed somewhat irritating. I keep getting this frisson of expecation that there is something new there, and then I remember ....
    TANSTAAFL

Oh god, I get really tired of that one. Yes please fix it!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

/signed

Has also already annoyed me a lot.
    The Signatures are Broken!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000fe85e/signature.png]Guthfriend[/charsig]

This is nothing more than one of the coders having some twisted fun with the completionists out there.

While annoying, its at the same time kinda funny
    Guardian
    Bogutyr -R5 Hunter Telerono -R6 Minstrel Guntar -R4 Captain Larysa -R3
    Reaver NotBogu -R10 BlackArrow ScaredyCat -R6 Warleader Maagaer -R2 Stalker Bogutyi -R3

Quote Originally Posted by aRabidFlea View Post
    This is nothing more than one of the coders having some twisted fun with the completionists out there.

I got a good laugh out of that one!

Here's a rep point!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I certainly wouldn't put it up there as something I need to see fixed.. but there's no denying it's an annoyance.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2121f000000132226/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I hate this! Every time I'm near the Last Homely House I think, "Oh, I'd better go in and see what that ring is." RAR!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000002cab3/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [FONT=book antiqua][COLOR=#808080][SIZE=2]
    . . . plus too many alts![/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Actually it's been over a year.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Quote Originally Posted by koifishkid View Post
    I hate this! Every time I'm near the Last Homely House I think, "Oh, I'd better go in and see what that ring is." RAR!
    lol I do the same thing
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001209f6/01008/signature.png]Eldroan[/charsig]
    [COLOR=white][COLOR=sandybrown]Meneldor Creeps:[/COLOR] Carnivor- Warg r10[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=seagreen]Meneldor Freeps:[/COLOR] Eldroan-Minstrel r11
    [COLOR=seagreen]Elendilmir Freeps[/COLOR]: Toovaca-Captain r6

Quote Originally Posted by aRabidFlea View Post

On one side of a piece of paper is written:

How To Keep A Moron Occupied Forever (see other side)

On the other side of the piece of paper is written:

Its low priority. Changing hobbit run animations and icons for potions is obviously more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
    Its low priority. Changing hobbit run animations and icons for potions is obviously more important.
    agreed

words
    Ughidontknow rnk 14 hunter...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

Quote Originally Posted by GregJL View Post
    On one side of a piece of paper is written:

On the other side of the piece of paper is written:

I have turned in that quest in Thorins Hall 73 times! I am determined to win, I will be going back in tonight and I may even muster up a group this time.

I am a moron.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000006a9f5/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There was a post by a dev a few months ago that they left it like that because it was a better option than leaving people who switch crafting professions and lose supreme tier then switch back unable to regain supreme tier in that profession.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracham View Post
    There was a post by a dev a few months ago that they left it like that because it was a better option than leaving people who switch crafting professions and lose supreme tier then switch back unable to regain supreme tier in that profession.
    They don't need the quest ring illuminated for that... They don't need quest rings on the craftmaster for changing professions. It could work the same way, as a dialog option.

If they for some reason must keep it as a quest, make it so it's level 1 quest or whatever they need to do to flag it as "trivial" so it doesn't show up on the minimap and annoy everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracham View Post
    That seriously sucks. Given how they version quests now, I wonder how hard it would be to 'version' the Supreme Mastery quests when you change professions? Leaving these as repeatable (I didn't realize that was the case) seems like such a bad solution.

I think they have tried to fix this recently (Vol 3 Bk 1 perhaps?). The reason I say this is that I recently picked up my Minstrel and used the craftsmen to unlock T6 of Jeweler and Prospector. The interesting thing is the quests to upgrade those professions is no longer available to her, but the SM cook quest (which I used to get T6 cooking many many months ago) still is.

Bottom line - whatever they tried to do seems to fix the issue for people using the quests for the first time, but characters who used them before the change are still stuck with the eternal ring.

/signed btw... I really wish they would clean this up so I will know when there is a real quest avail in Elrond's crib...
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=SeaGreen][URL="http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000a64d1/01008/signature.png"]Silesia[/URL] - Hunter, [URL="http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000cc9d2/01008/signature.png"]Celedain[/URL] - Lore-master, [URL="http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000c631d/01008/signature.png"]Eardorwyn[/URL] - Minstrel[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wink Re: When are you guys ever going to fix

Not only there, but also in Michel Delving.. at least when I took my 65 out there recently, I saw it (and surely enough I clicked on it). So not just at the House, but the one in Delving could be taken away too
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000148635/01006/signature.png]Elvithien[/charsig]

Yeah this has been bothering me for ages, too. But...bigger problems abound...
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Fell deeds awake; fire and slaughter!
    [URL="http://lotrocalypse.blogspot.com/"]LOTROcalypse[/URL]: a blog about LOTRO's features and systems. [url]http://lotrocalypse.blogspot.com/[/url]

I'm still looking for the boars in Evendim.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanerlees View Post
    Not only there, but also in Michel Delving.. at least when I took my 65 out there recently, I saw it (and surely enough I clicked on it). So not just at the House, but the one in Delving could be taken away too
    It's everywhere there is a superior crafting facility. MD, TH, Esteldin, Rivendell, 21st Hall, Lothlorien Vinyards....

On a side note, it is fixed for new characters/craftsmen. I leveled a Woodworker to SM this winter and he does not have the constant quest ring. But, it's still broken for the older characters.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000ad326/01008/signature.png]Hunberht[/charsig]

Well, moving this thread to here will certainly ensure it nevers gets a response. :/