We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

combing tier 9 relics

i finally got some tier 9 [10 of them] and filled all but one slot. I notice that i still have the combine option but since we don't have tier 10's what would happen if i combined the 9's i have? It would be great if i could take some of the extras and get the missing one.

Re: combing tier 9 relics

If you combine 2 Tier 9 relics you will get tier 9s back.

There is a chance you will get only one back. There is also a chance you will get 3 back, I believe, on a critical success. I assume it is 3 and not more, but can't recall hearing about it.

I want to say you get 2 random ones back most of the time, but it's hard to say what "most of the time" is here.

If you combine them be aware you may lose one in the process.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000181e2f/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Now I myself prefer battles of trickery to those of the blade when dealing with fellows thrice my height and one-tenth my wit..." -Lithuifin, Healer of The Eavespires

Yes, if you combine tier 9 relics you get tier 9 relics back. If there is a particular tier 9 relic that you want but don't have, you can try combining a couple of tier 9 relics that you don't plan to use. Do this often enough and you will eventually get the tier 9 relic you actually want, but as Tobias said, there is a very real chance that you will only get one tier 9 relic back each time you try, which means you've lost a relic. This is WAI and is not a bug.

If you have all the tier 9 relics you actually want, then why take the risk of losing some.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

I got lucky on my champ and had a couple critical combines leaving me with 3 tier 8 relics. Then I got two tier 9 relics when I combined the tier 8s.

I got a tactical offence and the +20 m/a/v setting.

On a whim today I decided to combine them because I wanted the runes more. First combine, I got the two runes.

Then again, it is my birthday.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000181e2f/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Now I myself prefer battles of trickery to those of the blade when dealing with fellows thrice my height and one-tenth my wit..." -Lithuifin, Healer of The Eavespires

yep it worked out fine tks folks... only took a month of grinding and deconning every day.. sigh