We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Poison/Wound removal food 60-65?

I couldn't find any information on a search or by perusing thread titles, so here's my question:

Are there recipes for Cooked Food that removes Poison, Wound, etc for level 60+?

The closest thing I can find is Lothlorien Way Bread, and that is just poison removal to level 60. The dots we're getting are higher than 60, and the food is not removing them.

All the new recipes I found are for Trail Food, not Cooked Food.

What to do?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Poison/Wound removal food 60-65?

The status removal on food is just a free benefit, not a primary effect. Look to Potions for status removals (purchased or crafted by scholar).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000ad326/01008/signature.png]Hunberht[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    The status removal on food is just a free benefit, not a primary effect. Look to Potions for status removals (purchased or crafted by scholar).
    Well, I get that it's a bonus to food, what I don't understand is why food for a particular level doesn't give the benefit for mobs of that level. They might just as well fess up and say they don't want that benefit at higher levels, and remove it from that level food. It's just nuts (to me) that we have expensive food stuffs that don't do what they have done all the way up the levels (once that benefit was implemented).

I'm clear that there are potions, we have both a GM level scholar and GM cook, and we have used both potions and foods for dot removal. We want the food to work, dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by Norowen View Post
    I'm clear that there are potions, we have both a GM level scholar and GM cook, and we have used both potions and foods for dot removal. We want the food to work, dang it!
    That is a very good point, and should be fixed. I can see the Jam & Toast/Rack of Lamb/etc. being status removal level 60 (matching Distilled potions for status removal). But, the Galladhrim recipes should be higher at 65 (matching Infused potions). Though, that's still useless in Mirkwood instances. Sadly there was no cooked food recipe from the Malledhrim (only +stat trail foods) that would have higher level status removal like the Steeped potions. Maybe next time?

P.S. I'm still confused on food as DoT removal. Food at the end of battle for regens and fixing 5min -stat effects, sure. But, DoTs? Those need to be taken care of in-combat where you can't eat food anyway!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000ad326/01008/signature.png]Hunberht[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    P.S. I'm still confused on food as DoT removal. Food at the end of battle for regens and fixing 5min -stat effects, sure. But, DoTs? Those need to be taken care of in-combat where you can't eat food anyway!
    Maybe it's the definition of a DoT. I consider any debuff that takes morale away as a DoT/bleed, and we get many applied, particularly in Mirkwood, from fears, wounds, and poison, that last 2 minutes or more and continue well after the fight. Food would help rid of these, especially when you have more than one type on and have already used up the potion timer. But your point about debuffs in general is taken, and the food stuffs don't work of course on standard debuffs either.

But my real point is that these should either be made to work for the level of the food, or they should be removed. Either the devs want us to have access to additional DoT and Debuff removal or they don't. Having them available on food stuffs says they do want us to have these abilities, but the abilities don't work - you take food to reduce downtime but the debuff/dot remains, even though at some levels it is removed? Consistency across the board is what I'm asking for. We can always hope.
    Last edited by Norowen; Apr 05 2010 at 11:27 AM.