We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can we please buy more than one house on a server?

Greetings one and all. I sent an alt some money to buy a house of its own, but upon attempting to purchase it, a message appeared on the screen saying that I couldn't due to already owning a house. Is there any reason why players can't have more than one house on a server? If it's a matter of a lack of houses, why not create more neighborhoods? Does anyone else have similar desires? Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000135106/01001/signature.png]Zendar[/charsig]

Re: Can we please buy more than one house on a server?

There is a limit to the number of neighborhoods that can be created. I think it's 128 for each race. The limitation to one personal house per server per account was to avoid players buying, for example, all of the deluxe houses and leaving just a handful of standard houses. At the time, when there were only 5 character slots per server available, it would take just over 250 accounts to buy up every deluxe house in a racial area. Now, with 9 character slots, it would take less than 150.

Turbine put the limit on to avoid running out of houses, and to allow everyone to have a chance to get one. They did not want to have to allocate more resources by having to increase the number of available neighborhoods. Not right away, anyhow.

I personally don't like having only one personal house per server per account. I don't like the "shared" housing. I like to play my characters as individuals. Seperate from each other. Shared housing does not go aloong with that. I would like to be able to buy more than one personal house on a server. I would even accept having the number of deluxe houses limited to (for example) 2 or 3 per account, and the rest would have to buy a standard house. That I could live with.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Thumbs up Re: Can we please buy more than one house on a server?

I most heartly agree, I think each server account should have at least 2 standard and 2 delux. This would allow for characters of different races to have a home in their land.

Walsa
    Last edited by walsa01; Apr 21 2010 at 08:23 PM.

I would like to be able to buy a Kinhouse for my crew, I have 3 full accounts.

Each house in a different location exception I do not own a dwarf house.

There is not enough wall space in houses.

The problem is bound house items that is bound a toon and not the account.

House item should be bound to the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Narsen View Post
    Greetings one and all. I sent an alt some money to buy a house of its own, but upon attempting to purchase it, a message appeared on the screen saying that I couldn't due to already owning a house. Is there any reason why players can't have more than one house on a server? If it's a matter of a lack of houses, why not create more neighborhoods? Does anyone else have similar desires? Thanks.
    Do you want the extra house? Or just the extra storage?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000040366/signature.png]Evad[/charsig]
    [color=silver][i]"Intelligence is my bow, cunning are my arrows, and wisdom is my armor"[/i][/color]
    [color=lightgreen][b]If you experience a lag spike in real life, would you notice?[/b][/color]

cmon people, it cant be the problem to generate infinite neighborhood instances to provide every player the desired houses.

Also since the game is F2P I think the argument also is obsolete, since everybody could create infinite accounts for free and would be able to spam houses.

But I really would like to spend my elfen hunter her own eflen house additional to my man house for my man lore master e.g. I don't undterstand the sense to be forced to create a seperate account to achieve this... (even though it would be for free anyway - apart from that, that my account has VIP and I definately won't pay more VIP accounts than one...)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000219d70/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Deofbold View Post
    cmon people, it cant be the problem to generate infinite neighborhood instances to provide every player the desired houses.
    It is a problem. There is a permanent increase in the game operating cost for every new instance to Turbine. That is why there is a fixed number of houses on each world.

Brandywine is out of Deluxe houses in some racial areas.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

As much as I would LOVE to have a hobbit hole for my hobbit and an elfin home for my elf most homesteads have been out of Delux homes for MONTHS and doing this would only further the issue of people not able to buy the type of home they want or just buying a home per toon. If they were going to implement this they would need to do something about how over 70 % of the bought homes in most neighborhoods (least on brandywine) are 'foreclosed' and just rotting away indefinitely forever more. If they do something about THAT then I can see there being the space to allow this. Otherwise 1 person may get 5 homes then leave and lock up 5 homes forever.