We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Deleting a home's owner

What happens when you delete a house's registered owner? Does ownership transfer to one of your other characters or does the house go poof and everything that was in there pops into escrow?

Thanks

Re: Deleting a home's owner

Assuming that it works the same as transferring a character (which is essentially deleting it from one server), the house goes back on the market and the stuff in there goes into Escrow - at least the items bound to other characters. I suspect that all non-bound items and items bound to the homeowner will just go poof.

According to other posters, poof everything is gone. Even housing items that bound to other characters. You want anything out of the house. The owner has to manually abandon it. Transfer everything to another character.

Note: Abandon will return the housing items bound to other characters to their owners.

The house will be available for purchase after the random cool down timer expires.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    According to other posters, poof everything is gone. Even housing items that bound to other characters. You want anything out of the house. The owner has to manually abandon it. Transfer everything to another character.

Note: Abandon will return the housing items bound to other characters to their owners.

The house will be available for purchase after the random cool down timer expires.
    That sounds more correct, actually. Thank you for correcting me.

I actually did clean out my house before transferring my main - and I think I did it because the transfer FAQ warned me to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post

Thanks for the info. I was hoping there was someway to maintain it with other chars without having to re-buy it. Oh well.

So the cooldown time is random? I thought it rolled over at the server restarty thing in the middle of the night. Do you think it makes a difference if the toon is deleted without abandoning the house as far as when the house would be available again?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuchucjk View Post
    So the cooldown time is random? I thought it rolled over at the server restarty thing in the middle of the night. Do you think it makes a difference if the toon is deleted without abandoning the house as far as when the house would be available again?
    There seems to be 2 schools of thought on this, you could

1. Listen to those on the forums who act as if houses grow on trees and are readily available at all times therefore we don't need to worry about those locked out houses squatted on by players who have long since left the game, or ...

2. Wait on deleting that character , scope out the house you want in another neighborhood *IF* you are lucky enough to actually find the address you want, and then proceed with your random act of character suicide and buy the new one.

Otherwise if you are really determined to kill of a character that you tied your house to, plant the remaining character you want to buy the house with at the lot and wait for the broker to get around to swinging by, sweeping out the place, repaint, change the locks and hammer the For Sale sign in the front yard.
    0096 2251 2110 8105

Quote Originally Posted by Kuchucjk View Post
    So the cooldown time is random?
    It is truly random. I tested this functionality on Roheryn (the server before Bullroarer). I got numbers between 5 minutes and more than a day.

Never tested a character deletion. You only get one chance at a copy for a character. I copied my characters to play the content. Housing testing is some what hard to do. You can do one test a day. There is a 24 hour cool down on buying a house. The most you could is two tests a day.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Edit - Wrong info.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy