We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BG activity

BG activity

Wondering how many Ark kins are bothering with BG. Even with the known "issues", we're still making it a weekly event.

We've had Durchest and the Twins on hard mode farm for close to 2 months now (slight hiccup with most recent update, but got right back on track).

Last LT attempt we got the FB below 20K before wiping. Our problem is just finding the stretch of time needed to make a good go of the fight. The trash between 2-3 takes us 45-60 mins and I don't think we've fought the LT for more than maybe an hour's worth of attempts. We're close though.

(edited for posterity)
    Last edited by Southpa; Mar 27 2010 at 12:01 PM.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Re: BG activity

Wow...must be some pretty top-secret stuff going on in there.

60 views, no one has anything to say?
    Is it because this isn't PvP?

I know Insurrection's done it all HM.
    To my knowledge, no one else is "farming" the LT (and no one else has done HM on Ark that I know of). Not easy getting 12 people all on their game, we know that much. Plus, bad luck.

I was just curious to see how kins are progressing - or if they've just written it off altogether.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Instances Are Super Serious Stuff

apparently turbine doesn't like cruise control for cool.... lame

Wootie you have to know how to make people post. Talk some trash, maybe;
    'we ****ing owned the **** outta that instance all up in your house last night, I know all you ******* can't handle the heat. Go ahead prove me wrong post here if you have even made it past the twins. Aww who am I kidding all your candy A**** can't even find your map home in your inventory'

That is how it's done. One more thing, turbines profanity filter is weak, and as much as I <3 getting infractions
    Last edited by Astaldoaear; Mar 27 2010 at 03:47 PM.
    1. While participating in the Forums, you must respect the rights of others to participate This includes, but is not limited to: Flaming another user for their spelling or grammar
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000d82b4/signature.png]Tinswarden[/charsig]

Right on, Tin.

111 views and only 2 PMs (but thanks for them, guys ).

It's OK - y'all can keep er under wraps... it's better that way, eh?

Ark so insular...
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

S&H has just starting lending a few toons to the raids conducted by the Alliance of Hope every week. Attempt one: we finished the Guantlet, wiped on the boss. Workin on it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000048f0c/01004/signature.png]Damworth[/charsig]

Guardians of Gondor has the first two bosses on farm. We have a similar problem where after the second boss it's just too late for people to finish the raid and it's hard to get everyone organized to continue it another night. Might change tonight though. We actually got everyone from the 1st part to sign up to take on the LT tonight.

Personally I think the raids okay, but the trash between bosses just takes too long. I feel like Turbine blew their load on the Rift. Every raid since then has been going downhill in design. I probably wouldn't run it all that much if I didn't feel like I'd fall behind gear wise for whatever the next raid is. And it's the only 65 raid, so not much in the way of alternatives.
    Last edited by Stardrifter; Mar 28 2010 at 03:18 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000f5571/01008/signature.png]Wesladan[/charsig]
    [size=1][url=http://www.theguardiansofgondor.com/]Guardians of Gondor[/url][/size]

Wootie I give you mad props for your honesty as to how your kin is doing in BG. Many have kept stuff under wraps but I for one think it is silly. MeW has done HM on 1st and 2nd boss and easy mode on LT but not hard mode.

I for one have been rather frustrated with BG as a raid, due to the hate for melee classes like champions and for the sheer randomness of boss fights (i.e purple and green eyes on whomever.)

BG is also run weekly or bi weekly but to be honest I don't think very many people are happy with the rewards. Though we have lost 1 or 2 raiders who care only about loot and Tyrone is soon leaving the game. But this has not changed anything with raiding surprisingly. We find a full clear of BG is almost impossible in one night (which is I suppose why locks exist) but I find trash mobs to be annoying and lengthy.

Good to have open and honest discussion among respectful kins.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

That's more like it.

Got the FB down last night, LT to about 350K then mins power became an issue. We are using 2 LMs, traited/geared for sharing and all...I guess they just need more practice. We had amazing luck with terrors not hitting folks with the eyeballs. Gonna try again Wed.

Side note, we also cleared the trash in 35 minutes, so we were able to get a good 5 attempts in before calling it. That sure helps.

Someone in another thread said something along the lines of your odds in this fight are only as good as your "weakest link".... boy, that's the gosh darn truth. Lots of our wipes are the same one or two things over and over by the same peeps.
    Last edited by Southpa; Mar 29 2010 at 10:50 AM.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I don't follow the forums very closely so I only just noticed this post today.

Insurrection has Durchest, Twins HM, and Lt. easy mode "on farm" since the last patch. Actually since the last patch it seems like Durchest has been the one giving us the most issues, mostly buggy glitch type stuff, but still manage to pull him down.

We have done a full clear (Durchest-Lt.) a few times to my knowledge, but have been trying to get at least two clears done per week of the first two bosses, so we just stop after the Twins and save the Lt. for another night. We still manage to kill the Lt. every week. Our last Lt. HM kill was prior to the patch and are currently working on a post patch HM kill.

Not sure what to tell you about getting more time in on the Lt. One suggestion, if you aren't doing it already, is to have a minstrel feign death near the gate when its looking like a wipe. Typically they can manage to pop up and get out of there before any lingering Morfaer get to em. Saves time instead of waiting for people to run all the way back up.

Best of luck to all the groups on Arkenstone putting their time and energy into tackling this raid! Keep it up!
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000c9524/01000/signature.png]Makius[/charsig]

[size=-2][color=red]Arkenstone[/color] - [color=yellow]Makxlle[/color] Rank 9 Reaver | [color=yellow]Nikolatesla[/color] Rank 8 RK | [color=yellow]Burtbacharach[/color] Rank 6 Warg
    [color=red]Elendilmir[/color] - [color=yellow]Makxlle[/color] Rank 7 Reaver | [color=yellow]Woundpot[/color] Rank 5 BA [/size][/center]

dunno if it's insular or what... just know our kin doesn't raid but grats anyways =)
    [center][color=teal]Wingwoz (on hunters in LOTRO), "I prefer to think of them more like Elvis or James Dean. Terminally self indulgent but their presence in a party, nay, the very fact that they ever existed, makes the world a cooler place."[/color]
    [color=orange]'[i]Zairente hums, "Little rabbit Poo-kie / running through the Di-res / scooping up the Mon-archs / and BANGING 'em on the head."[/i]'
    [i][url=http://my.lotro.com/user-984907/]The Antics and Ramblings of Family Nenaelin[/url][/i][/color][/center]

UTE took down Durchest a few weeks ago, but since then, we just havent had the numbers to get back in there. Mirkwood has burned a lot of us out. We are hoping to get back in soon though, maybe with another kin with similar issue.

GotNW has just started doing BG. We've made it to Durchest, but we have not defeated him yet. We have been running with mainly kin, but we rarely have numbers at the time we need, so we fill our numbers with our friends in The Stoned Alliance.

We have sign-ups on our website, and last week we had 15 sign up, so numbers are getting better. We are trying to go at least once a week.

I'll throw out an invitation to any out there interested in running with us to check out the site http://gotnw.guildlaunch.com and see if we have a run scheduled you would like to attend. You can sign-up on our site, and I will set you up as an Alliance member. Or, just contact me and tell me you are interested here or in-game.

We have an alliance channel we use in game as well. If you want to be a part of that, then let me know!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000f6847/signature.png]Balawise[/charsig]
    Baladin - 65 Dwarf Rune-keeper, Balabo - 65 Hobbit Burglar, Balaroc - 62 Hobbit Guardian, Baladonna - 54 Hobbit Hunter, Balagrim - 41 Dwarf Champion

We notice a huge difference in bringing 2 guardians as opposed to a guard/champ for Durchest - especially after the update (we don't have any raiding Wardens). We also noticed real buggy aggro with guard/champ this weekend. Swapped the champ for a second guard and went like clockwork. That whole instance sucks for champs past the gauntlet.

We've found our ideal group is:

2 Guardians
    2 Minstrels
    2 Captains
    2 Hunters
    2 RK's
    1 LM
    1 Burg

for Twins, we sub an LM for one of the guards.
    For clear to and the LT, we sub an LM for one of the RKs.

The right comp in there is pretty significant. I struggle to find excuses to bring champs along - even after the update.

We usually do the feign death when it's looking like a LT wipe. Another way to go about it is to fear one of the death-wights out the gate. It will reset the instance and save some folks repair. It is a bug, though.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I think it is important to specify whether you have completed hard mode or easy mode when referring to boss fights otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of the statement because there is a huge difference.
    I will also like to continue to add to this thread because I think it is a great discussion. However if this turns into a "my d*ck is bigger than yours" sort of thread, you can count me out. Not that it has, just for future reference.
    I think the ideal group for the LT would be this

1 Tank
    2 Minstrels
    1 Captain
    2 Hunters
    6 Runekeepers

Think about it. Runekeepers do huge dps on the move, so they can follow the Fell beast while dpsing. Hunters are there for core dps. 1 Captain can buff both groups and spot heal. And tank and minstrel do their thang. I know its a tad ridiculous but its to prove my point that Turbine could effectively replace every class with another Runekeeper. They're that OP.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

I agree that champs aren't an absolutely "neccessary" class in there, but they are plenty useful in certain situations. I have played the second tank roll on everything but the Lt. in there numerous times on my champ without a problem. They are great for all the "trash" between bosses. A champ for off tanking Durchest or his adds works great. Dps and help with aggro + corruptions on the fire boss in the twins fight is fine. I mean sure if you can swap out a champ for another hunter or RK then 9 times out of 10 I'd say go for it. But the point is, there is no reason it can't be done with a good champ in the group.

Now I have yet to try the Lt. on my champ personally. And even though melee is definitely more friendly in there since the patch, with the zero ICPR I would imagine my power would be shot in no time and would primarily be relying on auto attacks for most of my dps.

My RK is my primary raid toon, but there have been plenty of times where my champ has been just as useful as any RK.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000c9524/01000/signature.png]Makius[/charsig]

[size=-2][color=red]Arkenstone[/color] - [color=yellow]Makxlle[/color] Rank 9 Reaver | [color=yellow]Nikolatesla[/color] Rank 8 RK | [color=yellow]Burtbacharach[/color] Rank 6 Warg
    [color=red]Elendilmir[/color] - [color=yellow]Makxlle[/color] Rank 7 Reaver | [color=yellow]Woundpot[/color] Rank 5 BA [/size][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet_yo View Post
    I think the ideal group for the LT would be this

1 Tank
    2 Minstrels
    1 Captain
    2 Hunters
    6 Runekeepers

Think about it. Runekeepers do huge dps on the move, so they can follow the Fell beast while dpsing. Hunters are there for core dps. 1 Captain can buff both groups and spot heal. And tank and minstrel do their thang. I know its a tad ridiculous but its to prove my point that Turbine could effectively replace every class with another Runekeeper. They're that OP.
    Agreed. We just don't have that many RKs at our disposal....yet. We try to strike a balance and give our raiders a fair shake at spots, so it's not always "best", but rather less discriminate.

As far as champs, they do have their purpose in the trash clears, but they have more factors working against them than any other class. Squishier than tanks, huge nerf with no ICPR, no real utility skills, etc. I'd rather take an extra burg than a champ, honestly.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

6 Runekeepers

This is absolutely ridiculous, what in gods name was Turbine thinking to make such an extremely unbalanced raid, with **** loot, and which is buggy as ****.
    My kin beat Durchest our first real attempt in there, but the last two times we have had some weird bug whether it be the gate not opening or the boss not starting, and now our kin has lost our top raiders because they have absolutely no incentive to raid.
    DN was a good raid simply because you could go in with a variety of class-makeups and still make it work, The Blind one favored ranged dps, while the Mistress was Champ-heavy, with that said it was not that much harder to do the blind one with a couple champs, or mistress with more ranged dps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    As far as champs, they do have their purpose in the trash clears, but they have more factors working against them than any other class. Squishier than tanks, huge nerf with no ICPR, no real utility skills, etc.

Squishier than a tank:
    yes of course, as is every other class.... by design. And yes fervour does make a champ "extra squishy", but a good champ should be mindful of himself and his environment ( as does everyone everyone insdide BG) and adjust accordingly.

No utility skills?
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "utility" skills. In my opinion champ skills provide me with plenty of Utility for my roll. Could you define what you mean by utility? Maybe I will better understand what you mean.

Huge nerf with no ICPR:
    I will assume your referring to the Lt. (easy mode) fight in which every class gets a huge nerf to ICPR. Granted, it probably hurts a champion more than most classes.
    But coming from a RK perspective in that fight I can tell you that I still have to be EXTREMELY conservative with my power. So much so that I am primarily using ceaseless argument for dps with some writ of fire and scribes spark thrown in there occasionally and distracting flame whenever its up. But since RK's don't have any auto attacks that means my ceaseless argument skill becomes my auto attacks, which cost power. So even tho a champ might be completely out of power for a large percentage of that fight, he will still be auto attacking consistently, which is pretty much the name of the game at that point...consistent dps. I would be curious as to just how much more dps an RK would do on the Lt. vs a champ.

I'm not trying to argue with you or say champs are better than RK's. In fact I largely agree with you and you bring out good points. Heck, I would still take an extra hunter or RK over a champ any day. I just hate seeing an entire class dismissed over a few minor inconveniences in a raid.

My thoughts are purely speculation in regards to the Lt. fight as I have yet to experience it fully on my champ. However, I can tell you from experience that the entire rest of the raid is completely do-able with a champ. Maybe not as easy as it would be with the "perfect" group make up, but don't condemn your group to failure just because you have one champ in the group... it can be done.

One champ can definitely be taken. But what about 2? I think not. 1 champ is by the maximum making sign ups difficult for champs. Every other class other than wardens can be 2+ but not champions. But let us move away from this discussion and onto something else related to the original post.
    Loki - Voodoo - Cheezy

Okay to clarify, GoG has the first and second boss farm status on hard mode.

We gave a good go at the LT but had some power outages that scrapped the run. We tried hard mode the first couple pulls, then tried an easy mode and were doing well but lost two people to power outages.

Our typical roster is...

2 Guardians
    2 Captains
    1 Champion
    3 Hunters
    2 Minstrels
    1 LM
    1 RK

It works very well for the first two bosses. Still need more time on the LT to see how that goes. But our philosophy is most sane group rosters can do any raid, so we wouldn't make anyone leave for another class if it wasn't absolutely necessary. The group that starts the raid should be able to finish it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000f5571/01008/signature.png]Wesladan[/charsig]
    [size=1][url=http://www.theguardiansofgondor.com/]Guardians of Gondor[/url][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by socalsurf View Post
    Could you define what you mean by utility? Maybe I will better understand what you mean.
    Well, I play and raid with (not BG) a champ so I'm very familiar with the class. Utility I mean skills that benefit the group. Heroics is about it, really (and long CD). Maybe the armor rend. Other than that, just the DPS, as the horn is useless in there.

I'm not trying to argue with you or say champs are better than RK's. In fact I largely agree with you and you bring out good points. Heck, I would still take an extra hunter or RK over a champ any day. I just hate seeing an entire class dismissed over a few minor inconveniences in a raid.
    No way, no argument. I agree. To refer to an earlier post, the only thing stopping us from stacking hunters and RKs is our spirit of "fairness". We could dismiss most classes in favor of ranged DPS, but bleh...

My thoughts are purely speculation in regards to the Lt. fight as I have yet to experience it fully on my champ. However, I can tell you from experience that the entire rest of the raid is completely do-able with a champ. Maybe not as easy as it would be with the "perfect" group make up, but don't condemn your group to failure just because you have one champ in the group... it can be done.
    It can be done, yes. I'll never argue that. We've HM'd first two bosses with a champ in group many times. It just seems like it's less "edgy" when there isn't one along, though - primarily because we find ourselves always pushing them into a tanking role.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

One champ can definitely be taken. But what about 2? I think not. 1 champ is by the maximum making sign ups difficult for champs. Every other class other than wardens can be 2+ but not champions. But let us move away from this discussion and onto something else related to the original post.
    depends on the quality of the healers and the willingness of the healers to invest their LOTRO time getting perfect/near perfect LIs. and the group obviously.

^ healers including minstrels, captains, and RKs.

PS: thanks for the cheap shot

Quote Originally Posted by S****rifter View Post
    Okay to clarify, GoG has the first and second boss farm status on hard mode.

We gave a good go at the LT but had some power outages that scrapped the run. We tried hard mode the first couple pulls, then tried an easy mode and were doing well but lost two people to power outages.

Our typical roster is...

2 Guardians
    2 Captains
    1 Champion
    3 Hunters
    2 Minstrels
    1 LM
    1 RK

It works very well for the first two bosses. Still need more time on the LT to see how that goes. But our philosophy is most sane group rosters can do any raid, so we wouldn't make anyone leave for another class if it wasn't absolutely necessary. The group that starts the raid should be able to finish it.
    good balance...I'd switch out a guard for a burg but if it's working for you...why would you change a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    This is absolutely ridiculous, what in gods name was Turbine thinking to make such an extremely unbalanced raid, with **** loot, and which is buggy as ****.
    My kin beat Durchest our first real attempt in there, but the last two times we have had some weird bug whether it be the gate not opening or the boss not starting, and now our kin has lost our top raiders because they have absolutely no incentive to raid.
    DN was a good raid simply because you could go in with a variety of class-makeups and still make it work, The Blind one favored ranged dps, while the Mistress was Champ-heavy, with that said it was not that much harder to do the blind one with a couple champs, or mistress with more ranged dps.
    pretty arguable. I don't think 6 RKs is best by any means, even if they are OP in there. Like most other things in the world, opportunity cost and diminishing utility will affect that.

as far as DN goes - it's hard to argue that DN didn't favor stacking champions. 4-5 champs + 20% ballad of war + war cry = speed run. but like you said, it was balanced because you could stack ranged DPS and be just fine as well. it works fine either way.
    Last edited by IGolbezI; Mar 30 2010 at 12:55 AM.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

Heh, we don't have any raiding burgs right now. The last one we had was me, but I decided to take my RK to 65 over my burg.

Quote Originally Posted by S****rifter View Post
    Heh, we don't have any raiding burgs right now. The last one we had was me, but I decided to take my RK to 65 over my burg.
    good choice...you OP bas**** jk lol
    Kraken, Thesungodra

I had wanted to raid on my RK at 60, but we needed burgs. Now we need range DPS. Doesn't help that Turbine decided that to make boss fights challenging they have to make them immune to basic class skills. Oh and melee classes are frowned upon...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast