We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Volume 1, Book 9, Chapter 3 for elves...

I am running through the epic storyline on my second character now, an Elven loremaster. I finally got to book 9, chapter 3 (at level 49) and need to find the 3 Mordorith Knights. Guy in Ost Guruth--check! Guy in Esteldin--Check! Guy in... Gondamon? That's what the lorebook said, so I went to go check it out. There's a ring on my map on Gondamon, there's glowy area when I go to talk to Mathi, but Mathi has no ring and won't talk to me. Has the quest location changed for elves?

--Harperella
    Last edited by Harperelle; Mar 25 2010 at 11:09 AM.
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

Re: Volume 1, Book 9, Chapter 3 for elves...

Quote Originally Posted by Harperelle View Post
    I am running through the epic storyline on my second character now, an Elven loremaster. I finally got to book 9, chapter 3 (at level 49) and need to find the 3 Mordorith Knights. Guy in Ost Guruth--check! Guy in Esteldin--Check! Guy in... Gondamon? That's what the lorebook said, so I went to go check it out. There's a ring on my map on Gondamon, there's glowy area when I go to talk to Mathi, but Mathi has no ring and won't talk to me. Has the quest location changed for elves?

--Harperella
    The guy with the quest ring that you have to talk to is upstairs -- not Mathi.

From Mathi, do a left face, go up the stairs to your left front, hang a right, and work your way back to the ring.

Turbine's graphics don't show you when a quest ring is on a different level; gets to be confusing.

I just did this quest on my Hunter this past weekend; it's been almost three years since I did it on my main; so the quest is still fresh on my mind.
    Last edited by Kreegan; Mar 25 2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Fixed typos... better late than never. If I could type, I wouldn't need a secretary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    The guy with the quest ring that you have to talk to is upstatirs -- not Mathi.
    Turbine changed this quest. I've done it with an elf and dwarf. The original implementation you talked to Mathi. I have not done it in a long time with an elf.

There is an elf up there also that is part of the elf prologue before the dwarf and elf prologue merge.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Something very fishy was going on here. I checked again today and saw that my quest log did in fact have another chapter 3 quest. Sure enough it was for the Knight of Mordorith located north of Gondamon. It had details on it about Mathi in Gondamon. Yet Mathi did not have a blue ring, nor had I ever talked with him. I went north and killed the knight, then went back to Gondamon. There was Mathi, with a fiery ring above his head. I then continued on my merry way.

I've got a couple of theories about what happened:

1) I was in a fellowship with a hobbit when my computer gave me a BSOD. While I was down, my fellow went to Combe and got the chapter 3 quest from Constable Underhill. Perhaps it automatically gave me the Gondamon quest then?
    2) Or else... maybe there have been enough confused elves over time that the Devs automagically gave you the Gondamon quest when you picked up the full quest line from Golodir.

As the quest text stands, "Search for knights of Mordorith in your homeland", I have no idea how any elf (or hobbit) would ever figure out to go to Gondamon. As a dwarf, I'd head to Thorins Gate, as a Man to Archet or Bree, as a Hobbit to Michel Delving, and as an Elf to Edhelond or Rivendell. Its got to be the most confusing quest ever.

--Harperella
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Harperelle View Post
    As the quest text stands, "Search for knights of Mordorith in your homeland", I have no idea how any elf (or hobbit) would ever figure out to go to Gondamon. As a dwarf, I'd head to Thorins Gate, as a Man to Archet or Bree, as a Hobbit to Michel Delving, and as an Elf to Edhelond or Rivendell. Its got to be the most confusing quest ever.
    As a dwarf and elf, this particular quest required some exploration. Fortunately, I had done the elf and dwarf prologues. I started in Celondim in the garden where Elf prologue starts. Edhelond is a public instance that you can not get back into after finishing the elf introduction. I went and visited all the NPCs in order. Hit the jack pot in Gondamon with Mathi.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

It says in your homestate that means for elves in Gondamon. You need to find Mathi. He is upstairs.
    Last edited by AbadonV; Jul 22 2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by AbadonV View Post
    It says in your homestate that means for elves in Gondamon. You need to find Mathi. He is upstairs.
    Thanks for posting this quest line, I was having the hardest time trying to find this quest. For a elves he is in Gondamon look for Mathi upstairs. I wish they would make this quest a little better to understand.