We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Level 24 Warden

Level 24 Warden

As you can see I am having some fun leveling up my new Warden. I am about to level and noticed that at 25 I can purchase the Outrider's crit armor. It is a bit expensive to say the least, so before I invest I was wondering if this is a good idea, or will I be able to pick up some quest gear that is compareable.

I don't mind getting the good stuff if I can use it for a few levels, but I don't want to be searching for another set by level 28 either. Any help on armor sets from 25 up would be appreciated.

Tydalmir

Re: Level 24 Warden

I would typically buy armour a few levels above so that you can level up into it. But at the low levels a large majority of the quest armours will be just fine, you can level so fast that the crafted stuff usually becomes obsolete quickly.

I would say wait a little while before you start buying armour. You level so quickly to about 40 that you'll quickly outgrow most of the crafted stuff.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=gold][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/gildamon"]Gildamon[/URL] - Minstrel[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=indianred][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/ioanes"]Ioanes[/URL] - Loremaster[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/arcenbryht"]Arcenbryht[/URL] - Captain[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/CENTER]

I've got two wardens, my first one is on the server where I already had a large variety of characters who were supreme master crafters or close to it, so she's levelled all the way to 65 dressed mainly in guild recipe/critted armour and jewellery, and wielding guild recipe/critted weapons and shields. After 65 she finally got around to doing GS for the +10 radiance armour pieces.

My second warden is the only real character I have on her server. Apart from a couple random gifts from kinmates, she's done levelling to 60 dressed pretty much entirely in quest drops and non-crit armour, jewellery and weapons, sometimes wearing stuff well beyond it's Best Before level - like she was still in Gloves of the Fem in her mid-50s - mainly because I was only bothering to upgrade slots if and when I tripped over a quest reward that was an upgrade.

Have I noticed any real difference in survivability between the two? Surprisingly little, actually. There's the obvious thing of having a somewhat smaller morale and power pool, and since I have less armour the mobs hit a wee bit harder, but when it comes to making mobs dead en masse, the difference is so negligible I've almost never been aware of it.

Of course, knowing what I'm doing already has helped a lot - as a result of which, Snoww has often accomplished things several levels earlier then Somany did, even in lesser gear.

So... my advice? Don't worry too much about gear until the high end, if then. While it can make a difference in some situations, overall, the biggest effect comes from the brain driving the pixels.

My advice is to use the best possible weapons (single use recipes), and use either regular (non-single use recipe) or quest armor.

I have the weapons covered, my supreme master woodworker has pleanty set aside, was just wondering about armor. For my hunter it made a lot of difference, but it sounds like getting my rotations down will lead to a longer life. Thanks for the advice!

Tydalmir

2 Waterbank Road, Imlad Anor, Falathlorn Homesteads

You won't notice much of a difference as long as you have a decent weapon and shield on your warden. At those levels, the quested stuff is just as viable, and without the AH cost. However, if you find a set of armor that you like the look of, then by all means, grab some, because at least then you can use it as a cosmetic later

With the selfhealing capacity of Wardens, you aren't going to be NEARLY as gear dependent to be a badass as...say...a Champion or Hunter.

Don't worry about it until most later levels.

Jewelry is pretty few and far between on the good +might/+fate (your big leveling stats) pieces, so that might be worth investing in.

Yeah I would spend your money on a nice set of crafted Jewelery instead of the armour

Jewels cost less and are better on your stats, get your jewels squared away and start spying on some good weapons is my suggestion. the lvl 30 spear is really great for a while until about 40