We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hey all Tookwell has to tell you something

Lemme ask you guys some questions. #1 Are you a lord of the rings die hard fan? #2 Are you looking for an exciting game of lotr porportions? #3 Have you played the Star Wars Battlefront Games?

If so, check out Lord of the Rings Conquest! It is from the same company that made Star Wars Battlefront, and is exactly like star wars Battlefront, only in Middle Earth Style. You basically play as four classes, Listed Below:
    #1 Warrior- Role: Tank, DPS, heavy armor, deadly combos-The type of heavy melee/ combo damager and heavy armor that any heavy weapon style type of person will love!
    #2 Scout- Role: Sabotage, quick attacks-Scouts are your backstabbing, cloaking, and quick attack man. Basically they can stealth themselves, and if they get behind an enemy while stealthed, can do a killing blow to them. They can throw satchel bombs, use quick attacks, run faster, and can perform quick combos to enemies.
    #3 Archer- Role: Shooter, Medium Damage, Sniper-The kind of shooter you would expect to see in Middle Earth. Basically, it has 3 powers. #1 Multi-shot- Shoots three arrows at once at different enemies. #2 Poison Arrow- Shoots an arrow that makes a poison cloud around enemies, dmging them over time. #3 Fire arrow- If aimed at someones head (headshot) it can do huge amounts of dmg, can even K.O. them if you hit them in the right place, but if you shoot it near a crowd of enemies, it will knock them back.

#4 Mage- Role: Support, Healer, Crowd Controller-Type of support class you would have. It also has 3 abilities. #1 Heal- heals yourself and all allies near you. #2 Staff Slam- Slams your staff on the ground, causing all nearby enemies to be knocked back. #3 Firewall- A type of aoe effect, shoot at an enemy, and surround them with a ring of fire, any1 in or near it will take its dmg.

You can also play as heroes, all the way of good guys like Elrond all the way to the esteemed Gandalf the White, to the evil guys from Saruman and Lurtz to the Balrog, and even Sauron himself!

The Campaigns are the good, where you replay all the events of the War of the Ring, to the "Rise of Sauron" (evil campaign) Where you would ask yourself "What if Frodo failed to destroy the ring?" Basically that campaign begins in Mount Doom, your a ringwraith, trying to find the hobbit and kill him, and once you do, you begin your conquest to reconquer the lands of Middle Earth, and kill all the free people leaders like Aragorn, Elrond, Gimli, Legolas, Treebeard, and coming to a climatic showdown in the end of that campaign, with Gandalf the White againts Sauron the Great!(you would be Sauron in this case)

So to sum it up, Lotr Conquest, is a fun game for any lotr die hard fan. Though I must warn you, the only voice of the heroes that will be recognizable to you is Hugo Weavings voice (The guy who played Elrond) He narrates the campaign stories. No other voice (except maybe Aragorn, and Theoden) Will be recognizable, but other then that, the gameplay and war style mechanics are solid. You can play as Ents, and Trolls too, ride wargs and horses, and even ride the esteemed Oliphaunts! If you loved the Star Wars Battlefront games, and/or your a lotr die hard fan! Get this game (preferably for the Xbox 360, but PC is fine, however if you do get it on PC, expect the lag!)

Its basically the same, you capture banners and territories, (much like command posts in battlefront) and you hear your next objectives are. Tookwell's Rating Co. gives this game a 4/5

So Get this game, Its that dam good!

Your friend and Odd Member of the Community,

Tookwell
    (what would you do without me Windfola-ers!.....dont answer that)
    Last edited by tookwell; Mar 22 2010 at 01:54 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000005c628/01003/signature.png]Cenarious[/charsig

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

Re: Hey all Tookwell has to tell you something

Do you go into a Ford dealership and talk to the people shopping there about Jeep?

Do you go into McDonald's and talk to people eating there about Burger King?

For some reason, I bet you do...
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Killing a Boogan somm'ers, 'cause they remind me of Bogarts.

P.S. Fix that sig! :/
    ****Bogarts! We hates Bogarts!****

Okay, I will answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by tookwell View Post
    Lemme ask you guys some questions. #1 Are you a lord of the rings die hard fan? #2 Are you looking for an exciting game of lotr porportions? #3 Have you played the Star Wars Battlefront Games?
    #1: Depends on how you define "die hard". If you mean dressing in a cowled robe on the Professor's birthday or freaking out every time I see someone's gold wedding band, no. If you mean reading the books multiple times and finding something new to love each time...yeah.

#2: Nope. I'm perfectly content with LOTRO, and GW for days I can't get into LOTRO (like today).

#3: Nope.

Seriously, Tookwell...I can't tell whether you're in a kinship or not with your botched sig (and as Toranoga says, fix it!). But if you are and they have a website, you should write for it. I'm being quite serious here. Obviously sharing your thoughts on games is something you enjoy doing, why not take steps toward turning it into a career?

Oh, and...

I'll answer it anyway, simply because that's the sort of mood I'm in this morning. Like Boogieman, you are an invaluable member of the community.

[color=pink]Some must fight, so that all may be free.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by tookwell View Post
    Lemme ask you guys some questions. #1 Are you a lord of the rings die hard fan? #2 Are you looking for an exciting game of lotr porportions? #3 Have you played the Star Wars Battlefront Games? [...]

Tea party, in answer to your question.
    Findurin - 85 Desperate Flighter - UnitedSands of Dark TrucidOticus | Gauwrun - r7 Stalker - A Team | Ashnakh - r5 Warleader - A Team
    [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?320682-Dear-Turbine-(Or-concerning-Frankenspiders)"]Support Frankenspider![/URL]

Man this guy must be jacked to break them locks put on him at the mental hospital.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206010000066c14/signature.png]Crasher[/charsig]

Haha corvellos very funny, And to answer the rest of your guys comments, i talked about this cuz im spreading the word of all lotr games, get used to it, cuz im still lookin for more games to spread the word about so, to put it delicately,
    GET USED TO IT!!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000005c628/01003/signature.png]Cenarious[/charsig

I see you still got the writing disability where it makes you have to put R's in my name. Or did you lose a finger from a metal fragment that sliced you as you broke the chains
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206010000066c14/signature.png]Crasher[/charsig]