We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are only 65SA allowed to start with 4 mods?

Today someone at our server, linked an awesome hunter bow with top of the 3 legacies a hunter would hope in their bow, it was 3x tier 5 legacys and 1 x tier 4 legacy ....

Did anyone seen something like that in 3rd age ones?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001b47a3/signature.png]Zhandir[/charsig]
    FireFoot - Akdrish Rank 7 Warg / Baggalash Rank 7 Reaver / Illtrapyou Rank 5 Spider
    HealTroll Rank 4 Defiler /Ardushgash Rank 4 BlackArrow / Grishah Rank 2 WarLeader

Re: Are only 65SA allowed to start with 4 mods?

All third ages can ID with a max of 3 legacies since SoM (burg and guard LIs had a bug that would allow 4 legacies for a short time). Only Second and First Ages are able to ID with 4 legacies now.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

According to Sapience, Crafted LIs should be able to ID with 3-4 legacies, and should never ID with only 2. One would think that would apply to both Crafted 3rd Ages and Crafted 2nd Ages.
    Nemesis - Brandywine
    Jenith 100 Hunter || Gavigan 78 Guardian || Kazamir 76 Captain
    Gjorn 65 Champion || Anavel 65 Burglar || Thissis 100 Warden || Mezimus 70 Loremaster

In the last post I remember reading on the matter, Sapience said that since SoM, Third Age LIs can ID with a max of 3 legacies, and First and Second Age LIs can ID with 2-4 legacies.

Here's a quote from the old "Re: Max of 3 legacies on identification, unless you're a Burg or Guard !" thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Based on conversations with several members of the Dev Team, this is everything I know about the issue.

Third age Legendary items should have a maximum of 3 legacies on ID. The issue with some items receiving four was addressed with Patch 1. Meaning Guardian and Burglar items should no longer identify with 4 Legacies. If you are still seeing this today, please bug it.

This is still an improvement over Moria Third Age Items.

With Moria, Third Age items could identify with between 2 and 4 legacies. With reforges at level 10 and 30 you would add 2 more legacies for a total of 4-6 legacies. Because Moria Third age items could not reach level 50 they did not receive a third reforge.

For Mirkwood we changed how the reforges work. Now you will always get a new legacy at levels 10, 20, and 30. We still wanted to maintain the cap of 6 legacies max on third age items, so we had to reduce the number of legacies at identification to 2-3 because you are assured an additional 3 during reforges. Under this system, Third Age items are now slightly better because they can get between 5-6 legacies. This means the 'worst' result now is 5 legacies where before it was 4 legacies. The 'best' result is still 6 legacies.

Crafted third age legendary items should always have 3 legacies on identify.

Second and First Age items did not change and they can still get between 2-4 legacies on identify.

it might not be what you wanted to hear, but hopefully it does clear things up a bit.
    Thread link: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...32#post4359932

Quote Originally Posted by rawlingsst7 View Post
    According to Sapience, Crafted LIs should be able to ID with 3-4 legacies, and should never ID with only 2. One would think that would apply to both Crafted 3rd Ages and Crafted 2nd Ages.
    wait...what?

My lvl 65 SA only identified with two legacies. I can prove that because I have it maxed out and it only has 5 legacies (2 original + 3 reforges). Of course, I probably got my 65 SA 2 or 3 weeks after mirkwood came out.

If it wasn't working as intended, I wonder if I can have something done about it. I thought it was total BS that something so rare would end up arguably worse than something that can drop off a common mob.

Yeah, I remembered the dev quote wrong. See above. 2As can ID with 2 legacies. Two people in my kin have ID'd a 65 second age with two terrible legacies. Like so much else with the LI system, there's only a chance for the 2A to have better legacies than a 3A, while being 100 times rarer.
    Nemesis - Brandywine
    Jenith 100 Hunter || Gavigan 78 Guardian || Kazamir 76 Captain
    Gjorn 65 Champion || Anavel 65 Burglar || Thissis 100 Warden || Mezimus 70 Loremaster