We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Streaked Horn ... what's it for?

I see that it's a crafting item, but I've looked at all the LotRO sites I know of and there is no info about what to do with the Horns.

So what's it good for?
    Thanks.

Re: Streaked Horn ... what's it for?

It is vendor trash.

Some of the web databases were never updated when the recipes were changed to use vendor supplied materials. This is always a problem with the fan databases. The data is often stale.

Horns dropped by critters used to be required to execute the wood worker recipes to make Champion Horns.

All the stored horns that I had were correctly updated to remove - This item is used in crafted - had the background changed to standard vendor trash background.

Note: I did not have any Streaked Horns. Perhaps they did not update the text and icon for this specific horn.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Mar 20 2010 at 05:52 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Post Re: Streaked Horn ... what's it for?

Just come across one of these, it is purple item labeled. But seems to be a normal trophy in label. "A trophy gathered from a corpse." submitted a bug on it for confusing me... /shakefist
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B][COLOR=#ff0000]!<3?![/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]Wargs Rule![/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][B]!?<3! [/B][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#4169e1]But only because we have no playable feline races.[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][RIGHT][CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum]???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum][B][I][COLOR=magenta]*s6u!s*[/COLOR] [/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=plum]¡[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=plum]?w ?o[/COLOR][COLOR=indigo] [COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=plum]s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3[/COLOR][B][COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=lightblue][COLOR=magenta]Founder & Altoholic:[/COLOR] playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]*Jingle Jangle!*
    [U][COLOR=#ed2669]A "lifetime" of play on: [B]Elendilmir (RIP)[/B], Crick, Landy, & more. [/COLOR][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    Just come across one of these, it is purple item labeled. But seems to be a normal trophy in label. "A trophy gathered from a corpse." submitted a bug on it for confusing me... /shakefist
    This is normal purple colored vendor trash. There must a hundred+ types of purple vendor trash all with the text:
    A trophy gathered from a corpse

I guess the could more clear but to what point by putting

"A trophy gathered from a corpse. This item can be sold to a vendor for silver"

as the text.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Mar 20 2010 at 07:29 PM.

The color of the item's name has no relationship to how useful the item is. You can find teal items that are vendor trash as well. Just means it's a higher quality of vendor trash.

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Question Re: Streaked Horn ... what's it for?

Ah yes, I remember now, some of those purple named trophy's that had no function, except to sell, ie Shadepaw's paw, etc. The streaked horn wasn't for a woodworker recipe though? Champ horn? (I don't recall, my woodworker's my least worked on alt.)
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo][B][COLOR=#ff0000]!<3?![/COLOR][COLOR=darkorchid]Wargs Rule![/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][B]!?<3! [/B][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#4169e1]But only because we have no playable feline races.[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/FONT][RIGHT][CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum]???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1][COLOR=plum][B][I][COLOR=magenta]*s6u!s*[/COLOR] [/I][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=plum]¡[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=plum]?w ?o[/COLOR][COLOR=indigo] [COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=plum]s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3[/COLOR][B][COLOR=red]?[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=lightblue][COLOR=magenta]Founder & Altoholic:[/COLOR] playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]*Jingle Jangle!*
    [U][COLOR=#ed2669]A "lifetime" of play on: [B]Elendilmir (RIP)[/B], Crick, Landy, & more. [/COLOR][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/RIGHT]

Maybe it was.

It isn't now.
    I want my "The Venomous" title back.

The streaked horn wasn't for a woodworker recipe though? Champ horn? (I don't recall, my woodworker's my least worked on alt.)
    The streaked horn was one of the horns used in crafting. It was called out in this recipe:
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Recipe:Carved_Horn

I can't believe noone did this, so I guess I'll have to.

Streaked Horn - huh - yeah
    What is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing.
    Say it again y'all