We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

Quote Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
    It's potluck, and people don't like potluck.
    We must love potluck..the entire LI system is ALL about potluck. Turbine thinks we like potluck, ergo, we like potluck.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213010000002c0f/signature.png]Ungolmoth[/charsig]
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="yellow"]Echthalion - 75 WaRden [R1][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Kivech - Level 75 Hunter [R6][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Fafnhir- Level 75 Champion [R2][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Aranlith - Level 68 Minstrel [R1][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Mormegel - Level 66 Burglar [R2][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Arvegel - Level 66 Captain [R1][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Djormur - Level 66 Sith Lord [R0][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I agree with the previous posts.

Work on mastering your class, be the best Warden you can and do as much group content as you can to get your name out there... Do those things, and do them exceptionally well, and people will be sending YOU /tell's compared to you asking/answering /lff groups

I have recently gotten to that point on Windfola that I am getting periodic /tell's asking me to tank SH or SG or just run a group through GS because they want a quick and easy run lol
    Elendilmir
    Kinship: [URL="http://e-apex.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=256768&sid=3b8e42d88e54213114e395e1cdd477ae"]Apex[/URL]
    Garcimili - 85 GRD /// Arthilios - 85 HTR /// RonSwanson - Defiler

B-wine gives wardens a lot of flak in glff, but most of it is just talk because the vast majority of lff and for tanks and wardens get picked just as easily as guards.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDiablo View Post
    B-wine gives wardens a lot of flak in glff, but most of it is just talk because the vast majority of lff and for tanks and wardens get picked just as easily as guards.
    LOL that flak maybe do to some of our more vocal Wardens. They can keep things stirred up when they want.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000bd0ff/signature.png]Aidus[/charsig]

"Live and Let Die"

The class is too young and peoples are still unaware that we can tank well. The only way I found to make myself desirable is to look better than the majority of the champion and guardian when they inspect or see me. Having more mana (2900) and more hp (7k) than the average guardian or champion, good jewels and the good traits alway help. You should focus on that.

Also practice your grouping skills in Moria instance, like GS. GS is really easy (lvl 58 monsters) so even if you lose the agro, nobody will punish you and after a while you will learn how to grab everything and lock them on you.

Personally, I let the cc pull and I war-cry the others when they get close to me, then I spam taunt+melee to lock the monsters everyone will attack on me, then conviction or the shield-taunt-shield skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidus View Post
    LOL that flak maybe do to some of our more vocal Wardens. They can keep things stirred up when they want.
    Yeah aint that the truth lol, Fallarden especially.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDiablo View Post
    Yeah aint that the truth lol, Fallarden especially.
    LOL that's the one I was thinking about specifically...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000bd0ff/signature.png]Aidus[/charsig]

"Live and Let Die"

So it sounds to me like finding groups is only really a problem for wardens in the very end game content then? And that, if you know your class and play well you will eventually prove to the endgame community on your server that your a good warden, and will have less issues?

Pretty much.

Getting on the runs is tough initially, but gets better once you kinda make a name for yourself.

Blame all the Wardens who suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMecha View Post
    So it sounds to me like finding groups is only really a problem for wardens in the very end game content then? And that, if you know your class and play well you will eventually prove to the endgame community on your server that your a good warden, and will have less issues?
    The endgame community is thousand of people, they will never know you unless you are some sort of creature of myth that kill nazghul with cookies or a drama queen in glff. Your best bet is to have the moria armor (the 4 pieces that worth it) once you hit 65 and the right traits

Quote Originally Posted by Elrorhir View Post
    The endgame community is thousand of people, they will never know you unless you are some sort of creature of myth that kill nazghul with cookies or a drama queen in glff. Your best bet is to have the moria armor (the 4 pieces that worth it) once you hit 65 and the right traits
    mmmmm....cookies

they will never know you unless you are some sort of creature of myth that kill nazghul with cookies
    Everyone can do it now!

Inspired Greatness in 1.5.8!

BOOM!

I <3 Inspired Greatness

This might be true, but many people have their 'circle'. I'm known to about half a dozen kins and a few dozen people as a capable tank. That's enough to keep a person very busy when they want to be.

<snip>Having more mana (2900) and more hp (7k) than the average guardian or champion, good jewels and the good traits alway help. You should focus on that.<snip>
    What's mana and how can I find out how many hp my toon has? j/k
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213010000002c0f/signature.png]Ungolmoth[/charsig]
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="yellow"]Echthalion - 75 WaRden [R1][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Kivech - Level 75 Hunter [R6][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Fafnhir- Level 75 Champion [R2][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Aranlith - Level 68 Minstrel [R1][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Mormegel - Level 66 Burglar [R2][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Arvegel - Level 66 Captain [R1][/COLOR] / [COLOR=GRAY]Djormur - Level 66 Sith Lord [R0][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by japridemor View Post
    What's mana and how can I find out how many hp my toon has? j/k

Mana, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMecha View Post
    So, question for all you high level wardens in light of this topic (I'm on Landroval btw, for any of you on my server I'd be interested in your opinions especially):

To the point, my question is should I continue on with my warden if I want to group going forward?

Will that be a problem going forward, if I stick with warden as my main? Are we really that undesirable in all groups?
    I am on Landroval and have never had any issues getting a group where there was a group to be gotten at any level, nor have I ever been turned down simply because I am a warden (that I can reasonably tell). I admittedly have not personally done much raiding due to time constraints, but I know my kin wants me to for our next run.

Find a good kin if you don't have one (hint:mine is recruiting-Edge), read the stickies, practice and you will find acceptance and content for whatever you'd like.

Having more mana (2900) and more hp (7k) than the average guardian or champion
    That low really? I'm at 7300/3400 outside of raids :P (<insert rant about powergaiting here>)
    Beleag, Warden - Saelmundi, Rune-keeper - Nimerdale, Champion - Haldoun, Captain

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post

Mana, baby.
    Is that EQ or UO?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000a4a22/01003/signature.png]Brathistir[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Barruktp View Post
    Is that EQ or UO?
    Diablo (The original)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I might end up switching servers ... not sure.

Some have asked about my traits and gear. I have all traits at 10 and my main weapon has hit 65. I have the raid gear from GS and the helm, gloves and boots from Mirkwood (from grinding SH).

I constantly hear the following in groups (at the beginning): "sense we don't have a traditional tank, we may not finish this ..."

I'm guessing I just need a decent kinship and need to stop joining random PUGs. I've put so much work into this guy I don't want to shelf him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennington View Post
    I constantly hear the following in groups (at the beginning): "sense we don't have a traditional tank, we may not finish this ..."
    This is what makes being a Warden fun. I'm pretty well known on Ark, I was actually really suprised to group with people that didn't know me...Point* I join they say we aren't going to be able to do this the same because we don't have a guard. From there I got tells from 2 of the group members saying they have never not been able to pull aggro. I replied they shouldn't try to. They respond they can't help but try.

I'm guessing I just need a decent kinship and need to stop joining random PUGs. I've put so much work into this guy I don't want to shelf him.
    all you can do in that situation is prove them wrong. and what a sweet feeling it is when you do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012ed2b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for the advice everyone. I might end up switching servers ... not sure.

Some have asked about my traits and gear. I have all traits at 10 and my main weapon has hit 65. I have the raid gear from GS and the helm, gloves and boots from Mirkwood (from grinding SH).

2 options here. Prove them wrong, or fulfill their expectations and let them die

This happens to me all the time too... worse, I get this:

Random Guy [LFF]:4/6 GS looking for tank!
    Me: I'll join
    [group invite sent]
    Random Guy: hey
    Me: Hi.
    Random Guy [LFF]:5/6 GS looking for tank!

There is some sort of misconception that we are an 'off-tank' because of our medium armor, and the fact that sites like IGN had put stupid statements in their previews for MoM like, "... and the spear-wielding warden excels at ranged damage and off-tanking..."

We are MAIN tanks if played properly.
    However, it is admittedly trickier to play the warden properly than say, the hunter. But good wardens aren't nearly as few and far between as commonly believed. Presumably, because of bad experiences with impressive flourish spammers at level 20, the entire player base seems to have decided that all players of the class are worthless.

To solve this, I present the Cooky System!
    Floating above the name of every Waden, there will be a small icon in the shape of a chocolate chip cooky.
    -Another player can give you 1 cooky by clicking on the icon. Each player can only do this once, and only after grouping with you.
    -Every time you complete an instance as the only tank, you receive 1 cooky.
    -Every time you maintain aggro on more than 5 mobs, you receive 1 cooky.
    -Every time all of your group dies and you successfully solo the rest of the instance, you receive 5 cookys.
    -Every time you pull aggro off of a hunter in strength stance who just used burn hot then got a crit with heartseeker, you gain 10 cookys.
    -Every time you are told that you can not be the main tank because you are a waden, but do so well that you out-tank a guadian 5 levels above you and cause him to ragequit, send an abuse report, and uninstall the game, you gain 50 cookys.
    -Every time you use impressive flourish, you lose all your cookys.

Come on... who wouldn't want a waden with over 500 cookys to be their main tank?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast