We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
  1. #1

    /LFF ... *crickets*

    I'm at endgame. I'm not in a kinship ... maybe that's the problem. I have the warden class down. I can tank fine. However, getting into endgame content like BG or even SG seems impossible.

    I'll see a LFF and reply. Nothing. Then, much later ... "sorry ... we just filled up." Is a warden truly the very last desired spot in a endgame instance?

    I'm reading some posts on the guard forum about champs vs guards and they end up railing on the warden ...

    Why all the warden hate? I love rolling with a warden while playing an alt.

  2. #2

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    I'll explain why people hate wardens. It's because most people roll a warden thinking they will just level up fast and easy like a guard or a champ. Then they realize it's not that way, but for some reason decide to hurt wardens everywhere and level up. They hit lvl 65, and suck. Then they still act like they can tank, go run SG or some such, don't hold aggro even off the healer, and that's that. When people start seeing lots of these horrible wardens, they start thinking it's not the player it's the class. There are so few people out there who are willing to learn an entirely new way of playing the game, that most wardens are simply clueless and give us all a bad reputation. Hence, warden hate.

    One solution I might suggest (since you're not in a kinship) turn on anonymous before you send a tell and don't tell them your a warden. Just say "I'll tank". When they invite you, it is unlikely that they will just boot you from the group. You say you are good at tanking, so then you can go ahead and have your way with the aggro and show them that some wardens really can tank. Good luck to ya
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000be8eb/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [color=yellow][I]There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, but too rare to die.[/I][/color] ~Hunter S. Thompson

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Plus, wardens are tanks, so of course guards and champs are going to hate us, because that is their job, as well. We have infringed upon territory that belonged to them for over a year and a half.

    However, we have been in the game for over a year now, so they need to just get over it and worry about playing their own classes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000f6847/signature.png]Balawise[/charsig]
    Baladin - 65 Dwarf Rune-keeper, Balabo - 65 Hobbit Burglar, Balaroc - 62 Hobbit Guardian, Baladonna - 54 Hobbit Hunter, Balagrim - 41 Dwarf Champion

  4. #4

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    It is awful risky to pug with a warden you dont know as a tank, rather or not you know that a warden can tank as well as a guard.

    the plain truth is there are lots of wardens who dont know what the F$#&K they are doing. This doesnt necessarily mean they are stupid, it just probably means that they have not had much experience in tanking. Which inturn they cant get because they dont know how to, unlike a guard who is hardwired as a tank (relative to warden) regardless of experience.

    You should still be able to fill spots in a SG pug, if not as a tank then the interrupt-wh0re but, from my experience on arkenstone pugs seem to take warden tanks without blinking.

    A pug BG though maybe not. (i have never went on or even seen a pug bg) Since wardens dont have engage and a few other tools guards have, it makes taking a warden tank on a 12man pug even more risky, since pugs dont tend to run as smoothly as Preorganized kin events.

    and as far as the Guard vs Champ thread most guards acknowledge wardens tanking ability's but are just poking some light fun at our non-heavy armor tanking style, its all in the name of humor, and i for one can take a joke.
    Warden: <===How would you like a spear in the face!?!===>
    Hunter: <---<<<Raining pointed death since 08.>>>--->

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001599cf/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Sunaris "Pick warden. YOU ONLY HAVE 4 BUTTONS!!!!"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Quote Originally Posted by ppinkham View Post
    Plus, wardens are tanks, so of course guards and champs are going to hate us, because that is their job, as well. We have infringed upon territory that belonged to them for over a year and a half.

    However, we have been in the game for over a year now, so they need to just get over it and worry about playing their own classes.
    Not this.

    Quote Originally Posted by head0nfire View Post
    I'll explain why people hate wardens. It's because most people roll a warden thinking they will just level up fast and easy like a guard or a champ. Then they realize it's not that way, but for some reason decide to hurt wardens everywhere and level up. They hit lvl 65, and suck. Then they still act like they can tank, go run SG or some such, don't hold aggro even off the healer, and that's that. When people start seeing lots of these horrible wardens, they start thinking it's not the player it's the class. There are so few people out there who are willing to learn an entirely new way of playing the game, that most wardens are simply clueless and give us all a bad reputation. Hence, warden hate.

    One solution I might suggest (since you're not in a kinship) turn on anonymous before you send a tell and don't tell them your a warden. Just say "I'll tank". When they invite you, it is unlikely that they will just boot you from the group. You say you are good at tanking, so then you can go ahead and have your way with the aggro and show them that some wardens really can tank. Good luck to ya
    This.

    Not all Wardens can tank. Some are just plain bad, and the ratio of passable Wardens vs. passable Guards is HEAVILY balanced toward Guards. Pugging a Warden tank is a risky situation. If you Pug a champ that says they can tank, they can tank...because most Champs don't actually want to tank, and finding one that will means they've done it before. Pugging a Guard is like pugging a hardwired tank. Can't do anything else nearly as well, and therefore won't.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000018f9c7/signature.png]Felaedor[/charsig]

  6. #6

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Hm... I like tanking with my warden, but Im still not in the "good player" category. Ive tanked in World of Warcraft for over 2 years(mostly 10mans, but some 25s too) as a Druid, Paladin, and Deathknight(Wardens are very similar to DKs in many ways) and I still screw up more than Id like while Im on my Warden. My Kin leaders main is a Warden, Im one of the few endgame tanks in the Kin(along with 2 Guards and our leader), and people in the Kin STILL bag on other non-kin Wardens all the time when grouping with lower level ones. I dont like bad players rolling classes I play and making the rest of us look bad, but I still dont like seeing people **** on others because theyre new to something and dont know what theyre doing yet.

    I dont have problems when Im doing pug SH or WP but... I probably wont even bother looking for a Pug SG since I just hit 65 a little while ago and I know I still need some gear. I think a part of the problem is new Wardens rolling in here and seeing us say "OMG dont listen to people youre uber!" and then going in and tanking something but not actually bothering to look at any of the stickies... I know I was guilty for that.

    So I mean I like tanking with my Warden once I got the hang of it, but even in my Kin theres only a few who like grouping with me. There are other people I know that I like to run with(successfully) but whenever Im in a group with a Guard its very apparent why people prefer them as tanks. That and my morale is pretty low(like 5.2k) I dont have enough time to play where farming gold is easy so I can load up on good crafted gear, and getting into PUGs that are any harder than SH or WP is a pain so personally Im in a rut.

    Id have just rolled a Guard to tank with in the first place if Id known what it was like at endgame tbh. You screw up a couple gambits and you can wipe the group, we have no emergency buttons which is kind of a big deal if youre a bit of a casual player like I am.

    Edit: The main problem being when people group with a Guard they can open up DPS/healing right away and the Guard can just push a button and have everything on him(think they have a ranged taunt too?), and then when I tank I get bitched at for losing aggro because no one let me put up EoB or having Hunters start pulling before I get there AND THEN HE RUNS AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN WITH HIS HEAD CUT OFF MAKING IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO PULL STUFF OFF HIM <- and there is no shortage of Hunters on Arkenstone. I like tanking, but not enough to put up with the same **** I had to deal with in WoW only without taunts.
    Last edited by achromatis; Mar 20 2010 at 06:01 PM.
    [COLOR=#40e0d0][U][I][B]Not Meant to Be a Factual Statement[/B][/I][/U][/COLOR]

    [URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As1T2ZXLPqhTdE05T21qYklYRFF3emVuM18zTnU0aGc&hl=en#gid=50"]LotRO in-game price list, maintained by the community.[/URL]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Quote Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
    Not all Wardens can tank. Some are just plain bad, and the ratio of passable Wardens vs. passable Guards is HEAVILY balanced toward Guards. Pugging a Warden tank is a risky situation. If you Pug a champ that says they can tank, they can tank...because most Champs don't actually want to tank, and finding one that will means they've done it before. Pugging a Guard is like pugging a hardwired tank. Can't do anything else nearly as well, and therefore won't.
    The warden hate started even before any had even leveled to a point where they actually could tank. It has been there since the class was created. I see a lot of people argue that some bad wardens out there ruined it for everyone, but I don't buy it as being the sole reason for the animosity toward wardens.

    In all the time I have played this game, I have grouped with some horrible guards, champs, minnies, LM's, etc., and have never heard anyone accusing any one of those classes of being lousy. People would blame the player, but with the new classes, people blame the classes themselves. Just like in school, here come the new kids, so lets pick on them.

    Before MoM ever came out, people had already started talking trash about the new classes. Even in my own kin, people didn't trust me to tank. These were not just kinmates, but friends I had been playing the game with since the beginning, and knew that I could play. It wasn't until we started doing the Moria instances that they saw what wardens could do, and started not only letting me tank, but preferring me to tank.

    So much negativity and doubt about this class was there before the first warden ever stepped foot onto the live servers, and the majority of it was coming from the guards and champs.

    After a year, people are still saying that warden's can't tank and RK's can't heal, even though many, many have demonstrated just the opposite. It goes a bit deeper than a few bad apples ruining the whole bunch, IMO.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000f6847/signature.png]Balawise[/charsig]
    Baladin - 65 Dwarf Rune-keeper, Balabo - 65 Hobbit Burglar, Balaroc - 62 Hobbit Guardian, Baladonna - 54 Hobbit Hunter, Balagrim - 41 Dwarf Champion

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    I consider wardens to be very capable tanks when played well. I don't like the anti-tank sentiment that flows freely from many champions, and feel they do not share our category as a main tank, for anything that actually requires a tank in this game. Forgive the partial thematic derail that follows, but I consider that my points apply in favor of wardens for groups just as with guards.

    IMO, their hostility to each of us arises primarily because such particular individuals are always overcompensating and trying to prove that they are "better" than we tanks (so-called small man's syndrome), and consequently trying to demonstrate that we are unecessary. I think some of them even go as far as to intentionally undermine maintenance of threat as both measure of their own worth (look how hard I hit!!), and as a means to degrade a tank's worth. Rising ire to supplement that along the way...wouldn't surprise me one bit, so pathalogical and petty the need seems.

    The fact is, once instances are learned and players / their characters have advanced to the degree that a once difficult task is on "farm," it is clear that rigid class roles are not as necessary and that things can indeed be blazed through with sheer force of DPS. This is so whether a tank is brought along or not, and having a tank does not mean things will take hours longer as some seem to bemoan...we have DPS modes also and can trait and equip for it if no true tanking is actually going to be required anymore.

    Many things in life are like this...there once was a time a doctor was required to be given herbs or medicines to relieve simple pain...nowadays you don't see a cardiac specialist being called in to prescribe aspirin too often. When the going gets tough and the solutions are unknown, there will be no substitute for the value that a tank brings to the table. It is jealousy over that fact that has champs scrounging later on to belittle and challenge our worth, after the hard lifting has already been done by the true tanks that went before.

    Meanwhile, every single thing that some claim is better done with no tanks, but multiple champions instead, can and has been done without a single champion along as well. I know this for fact, because I particularly set about doing so...routinely kill the Watcher without a champ, go into the tentacle ball by myself in OP with my 2hndr, and have the extra RK's along instead of champ/s blaze the junk down around me as I hack and slash with my +melee targets. After a challenge with +targets and a pop of plegde...the spawns are dead before the force taunt is up and without my morale or anyone elses dipping....then jump out into the water and grab my shield with plenty of time yet to greet squidly's rise from below.

    My group has wiped DN without a single champ as well...I will confess some struggle on the swarms of adds before last phase on the Mistress...but we did it...NO CHAMP...and the rest of the bosses, pulls and fumaroles all went down as quick or quicker with RK's providing the main staple of dps instead, more than making up for no shing shing. I think we (tanks) will ultimately prove to have an easier time doing BG without a champ, than they will have without us -- I look forward to some weeks hence making a report of just this.

    It is easy to come to "hate" that /those who hate you, especially if unbidden of anything you have done to warrant it, and when their hatred if accepted quietly, would come with the inherent price of a total devaluation of you/your character's worth. Prejudice is ugly in fantasy just as in rl, I suppose.
    Last edited by DackRover; Mar 20 2010 at 07:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    605

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Quote Originally Posted by ppinkham View Post
    The warden hate started even before any had even leveled to a point where they actually could tank. It has been there since the class was created. I see a lot of people argue that some bad wardens out there ruined it for everyone, but I don't buy it as being the sole reason for the animosity toward wardens.

    In all the time I have played this game, I have grouped with some horrible guards, champs, minnies, LM's, etc., and have never heard anyone accusing any one of those classes of being lousy. People would blame the player, but with the new classes, people blame the classes themselves. Just like in school, here come the new kids, so lets pick on them.

    Before MoM ever came out, people had already started talking trash about the new classes. Even in my own kin, people didn't trust me to tank. These were not just kinmates, but friends I had been playing the game with since the beginning, and knew that I could play. It wasn't until we started doing the Moria instances that they saw what wardens could do, and started not only letting me tank, but preferring me to tank.

    So much negativity and doubt about this class was there before the first warden ever stepped foot onto the live servers, and the majority of it was coming from the guards and champs.

    After a year, people are still saying that warden's can't tank and RK's can't heal, even though many, many have demonstrated just the opposite. It goes a bit deeper than a few bad apples ruining the whole bunch, IMO.
    This.

    While i do agree some people get their opinions from "bad" players, the majority of people that have been against me tanking have never ever ran with a warden. It was all a bunch of "well i heard from my kin leader" or "well my friend the guard says...", after telling them to give me a chance they have changed their minds about warden tanks. In fact i get regular tells asking to tank now. Even people in my kin and my kin alliances didn't believe that wardens could tank, till i changed their minds. This always happens with expansion classes in almost any game, look at DK's in wow, similar treatment. Granted these are my experiences and i'm sure some bad apples do sour the pie from time to time.

    EDIT: Great post Dack, that wasn't up when i posted mine. But definitely sums up some mindsets nicely.
    Last edited by sunaris; Mar 20 2010 at 07:16 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012ed2b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Thanks Holdyir !

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia, soon to be America.
    Posts
    238

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    You won't get a pug BG run, specially as a warden.

    You need to join a raiding kin.

    SG is easy to pug, unless you're a warden lol

    Here's the thing, not many people want to pug with a warden, there are just too many fail wardens out there, and it's risky. The chances of the group getting a good warden are low, so people tend to ignore wardens altogether.

    Your best bet, like someone else said earlier is to remain anonymous, or join a big raiding kin.

    Also it helps if you start the pug, there are so many guards out there that the chances of a group not having a tank are pretty slim.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    The pug warden hate, even I'm guilty of it. If I'm on, say, my captain, and need a tank for a group, I'm very leery of inviting a warden I don't actually know. To be fair I'm pretty leery of inviting a guard I don't actually know either, but I'd rather take a subpar guard than a subpar warden. A subpar guard still has force taunts. A subpar warden is just useless.

    Back before /glff broke on my account so I couldn't read it anymore, I used to tank pug runs and I would often get some skepticism regarding my ability to handle it before we actually went in. I never really blamed people for it either... as long as they actually gave me the chance to prove myself, I wasn't worried about my ability to do so. And if they didn't, not my problem. (Although I did call out one guy on glff who kept asking for "guard or champ" for HoC a while back and dared him to let me tank for him... and after that run I kept getting tells from him asking me to tank it for him again!)

    I think the moral of the story is, just take the chances that you can to prove yourself... answer those "5/6 need tank" LFFs and if you show that you can do a good job, you'll get repeat invitations. If you're answering "5/6 any class" generally what people really want is a dps rather than a second tank, so of course you're likely to get passed over. Once you get a few successful runs under your belt, start getting to know people, then another lff you answer can end up with someone you grouped with before and they can say, oh yeah I know that guy, he can tank.

    If all else fails, start groups yourself and show the people you invite that you can tank.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV
    Posts
    4,916

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    That being said, perhaps it's not the class, perhaps it's you. Are your virtues 10's (and, are they good virtues)? How about your class/legendary traits? Do you at least have one level 65 legendary weapon? What's your armour like? If you're not actually at end-game (i.e. done with the rest of the game), go do the rest of the game then come back and do the end-game instances.

    Also, don't go anonymous. Don't leave people wondering whether or not you're actually naked under a cosmetic outfit, that's not a way to build confidence in Wardens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    Back before /glff broke on my account so I couldn't read it anymore
    Turn it back on in your chat filter -- turn on all four user generated chat channels, just in case.

    Right click the chat tab, choose filters or whatever, you get the idea.
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

  14. #14

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Ran Turtle the other day for only the second time. First time I just did dps but this time there were no guardians and just myself and another Warden. There were a couple of champs but everyone agreed that us Wardens should tank. So, we tanked it and did well. Turtle went down in short order with myself and the other Warden trading off. Basically just spamming precise blow when tanking with a conviction here and there for good measure. After it was over a couple of people said that was the smoothest Turtle run they had ever done. This increased my confidence as a tank immensely.
    I have no signature

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    71

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Also keep in mind that by the point many players have their first experience with content that requires a group - The Great Barrows - a Warden will not have as many core tanking skills as the Guardian does. Combine this with the fact that at that stage of the game everyone is still learning to play their class to some extent, so you are more likely to find Hunters and Champs that are going crazy with their DPS and not letting the Warden get a handle on aggro. At that stage, Guardians can to some extent handle a bad group, but a Warden is going to have a tougher time of it.

    What happens is that players go in, go nuts with the DPS and heals without yet realizing they are playing their class poorly, but see the Guard hold aggro while the Warden struggles. They come out of the experience having learned the lesson "Wardens suck as tanks" when in fact it is just that everyone (the Warden included) still needs to learn the nuances of class and group dynamics. The problem is that idea of Wardens as bad tanks is already entrenched in their mind, so when they come up against later content, they are hesitent to include a Warden in their groups.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001247fe/01008/signature.png]Cristofyr[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandragaron View Post
    Ran Turtle the other day for only the second time. First time I just did dps but this time there were no guardians and just myself and another Warden. There were a couple of champs but everyone agreed that us Wardens should tank. So, we tanked it and did well. Turtle went down in short order with myself and the other Warden trading off. Basically just spamming precise blow when tanking with a conviction here and there for good measure. After it was over a couple of people said that was the smoothest Turtle run they had ever done. This increased my confidence as a tank immensely.
    I really don't mean to be a killjoy here, but the Turtle is probably the least involved raid in the game as far as tanking is concerned. You should honestly be more excited tanking Skumfil on level, or even SG.

    As to the rest of you who are emo-ing out about Warden hate:

    Think about it this way.

    Assume there's a rating for just general player skill that stretches across all classes. I'm pretty sure we can all agree that to be a passable tank on a Warden, you need to be higher up on that scale than to be a passable tank on a Guardian (and if you disagree with this, you've never played both tank classes...it's pretty obvious).

    Therefore, a higher %age of Wardens will not be passable tanks.

    Wardens run the gamut from less threat and squishier than Champions, to just as stable/effective as your top end Guards.

    It's all about the odds. What you can do with one Warden, there's nothing even remotely resembling a guarantee you can do with another Warden. It's potluck, and people don't like potluck.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000018f9c7/signature.png]Felaedor[/charsig]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    215

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Servers must vary a lot. On Ark I don't struggle to find a group. I do word my GLFF to be slightly deceiving. But yeah instead of saying warden say tank when responding...

  18. #18

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Quote Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
    It's potluck, and people don't like potluck.
    I like potlucks...so many things to choose from...yum!
    I like ice cream.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Except every once in a while everyone brings potato salad, and then you have to go get fast food and experience the flowing rectal bleed that is McDonalds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000018f9c7/signature.png]Felaedor[/charsig]

  20. #20

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    yep, the sad truth of the matter is, its risky to take a unproven warden as a tank in a pug.
    Warden: <===How would you like a spear in the face!?!===>
    Hunter: <---<<<Raining pointed death since 08.>>>--->

    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001599cf/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

    Sunaris "Pick warden. YOU ONLY HAVE 4 BUTTONS!!!!"

  21. #21

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Quote Originally Posted by vodspeedkills View Post
    Once you get a few successful runs under your belt, start getting to know people, then another lff you answer can end up with someone you grouped with before and they can say, oh yeah I know that guy, he can tank.
    This is good advice. Once people start to recognize you, you're not going to have nearly as much problem getting into groups. In fact if you tank well, you're likely to wind up on lots of friends lists, and have people asking you to come tank things. Yes, this class can be more difficult to tank with on a lot of content. It also has a lot higher attrition rate than most classes. People that don't "get it" tend to move on to another class. The Wardens who are around for a while tend to know what they're doing, and if you do well, and stick with it, more and more people are going to recognize you and have no qualms inviting you along.

    People do get wary of inviting Warden tanks when they don't know them, but there are just as many bad Guardian tanks out there, really. Tanking requires a specific mindset and approach to gameplay that some people just never really click with. As folks sometimes say, with the exception of a few encounters, a dedicated tank is not specifically required. The tank, though, provides a margin of error when things aren't going just right. Even when a tank isn't required to complete the content, they're providing a safety net for those crucial seconds that can make the difference between a win and a wipe. And a bad Guard, who does not in general hold good aggro, still has their force taunts to provide that safety net at the crucial moment. A Warden has to be on their game the whole time, proactively locking down the aggro and keeping their own defenses up. This, IMO, is one of the biggest reasons that while there are bad players in both classes, people are going to be more comfortable taking a random Guardian than a random Warden.

    Stick with it, though, and get your name out there, and just like any good player of any class, people will remember you, and you won't have a problem getting into groups.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20200000013d3e9/signature.png]Derrial[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    208

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    It's interesting that you mention being turned down for SG, because all of the people I run that with see getting a warden as a stroke of luck. Because you mention the long pause before being turned down, it leads me to believe that they check out your stats and don't like what they see. Are you well-geared? Have you leveled your virtues and gotten your legendary traits?
    I have a level 61 hunter that I'd never allow to group for anything important right now, because I leveled him too fast. He did such insane damage that gaining 2 levels a day was nothing all the way through to the mid fifties, so I ignored things like grinding mobs for virtue deeds, and now he's just a well-equipped cook who couldn't fight his way through a tough solo skirmish.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000149cf/01003/signature.png]Gixcsamen[/charsig]

  23. #23

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    So, question for all you high level wardens in light of this topic (I'm on Landroval btw, for any of you on my server I'd be interested in your opinions especially):

    As an up and coming level 44 warden (my main), I've enjoyed my class alot while leveling. However it has mostly been a solo experience, partly by choice and partly because I haven't gotten alot of invites really for groups. I can't say I've worked really hard to find them so far either really, and I suspect to an extent alot of people just want to level up asap, so there is that to consider.

    To the point, my question is should I continue on with my warden if I want to group going forward? I do enjoy soloing abit but any class can do that reasonably well in Lotro, and I would like to group more - it's just alot more fun. I want to do raid content eventually, but I don't really care if I'm main tank, off tank, or just backup dps - I just want to get in groups and have fun.

    Will that be a problem going forward, if I stick with warden as my main? Are we really that undesirable in all groups?
    Last edited by DarkMecha; Mar 22 2010 at 05:43 AM.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    605

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMecha View Post

    Will that be a problem going forward, if I stick with warden as my main? Are we really that undesirable in all groups?
    Not at all, or at least not on my server. Learn your class, play it well and you won't have problems getting groups.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012ed2b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: /LFF ... *crickets*

    Quote Originally Posted by sunaris View Post
    Not at all, or at least not on my server. Learn your class, play it well and you won't have problems getting groups.
    Our server is very warden-friendly compared to others I have alts on, for sure.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000f6847/signature.png]Balawise[/charsig]
    Baladin - 65 Dwarf Rune-keeper, Balabo - 65 Hobbit Burglar, Balaroc - 62 Hobbit Guardian, Baladonna - 54 Hobbit Hunter, Balagrim - 41 Dwarf Champion

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload