We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: What Am I Doing Wrong (Grinding Relics)

Ok, so, if I am reading correctly.....

Skirmish for marks to get runes and tier 2 relics.

Now, do I decon everything else at level 1, keep deconning at level 2 like I am currently doing, or just keep them until level 11?

This is still a learning process. I have been skirmishing for the rune but did not know about the relics.

Thanks for your help.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000014a1a3/01001/signature.png]Kegheld[/charsig]

If you want high tier relics...

Decon junk items at lvl 2.

Grind skirms. barter for the cheap bronze relics(23 sm). go nuts deconning them, hope for lots of crits.

Keep a lvl 59 item slotted with the rest of your LIs. apply all the lvl 60 runes you get to that one. decon when its at max. Or just save up on lvl 60 runes, then when you have a lot, go barter a bunch of tablets and max out as many as possible.

If you are lucky, a maxed out lvl 59 will give you a big enough rune to max out your next lvl 59(probably works with all LIs lvl 45-60, I just know for sure if works on lvl 59s so thats what i use).

Stand by the relic master with a bag full of items ready to go. Do the ford skirmish -- elronds kids won't die -- and kill a couple mobs, leave and decon, return, kill a couple, leave, decon, .... over and over. Since its a skirmish, you dont even have to move from the relic guy you pop back out right at him. This is the start from scratch approach and it works but I prefer the next method.

Method 2: carry a couple of trash items aroudn for a "while" until they get to level 41 or something. By this time, you should have: a bunch of tablets, a bunch of leaves (level 63 or whatever leaf barter trash), a bunch of tools, or whatever .... and a bunch of 1 level runes (the stuff you get off beast type mobs, or runes from doing SH or SG or whatever), and the runes you will get when you bust the trash items. Then do it in bulk, with this setup you can break some 50 -100 items without even killing a single mob, and end up with some T7-T9 relics with any luck.

If you are an aoe class, repeating protectors of thang skirmish is really good item xp. Single targets might like the rift skirm, the lts in every wave (do not hit the fumaroles) are decent xp and the NPC does not weaken your xp gain since he does not hit the mobs.
    Draegon:
    "stack all the morale you want but dont come on here wonderin why you aint hittin hard! :D"

Thumbs up Re: What Am I Doing Wrong (Grinding Relics)

Quote Originally Posted by forusrname View Post
    Do the ford skirmish -- elronds kids won't die -- and kill a couple mobs, leave and decon, return, kill a couple, leave, decon, .... over and over. Since its a skirmish, you dont even have to move from the relic guy you pop back out right at him.
    Nice one, +rep. I used to do it in Emyn Lum because there are non-gray mobs nearby to be killed, but repeatedlly joining and leaving a skirmish should be faster.

I'm gonna try it next time I have a bunch of LI barter items.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000001307b6/01003/signature.png]Turimborn[/charsig]
    [i]If you found this post useful, please add rep to the poster by clicking on the star icon in the bottom left corner of this message (you have to be logged in to do so).[/i]

I do it at Gath. Run out kill junk Come back decon.
    Gets you some lv 65 LIs which sell for a mint on the AH.
    Ararax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2