We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Full Rift Cosmetics?

Would it be unreasonable to ask for all of the rift armour to be available as cosmetics instead of only the helms? They were such cool sets.
    [CENTER][b][u][Gladden][/u][color=gray] Second Marshal Clevinger, Third Marshal Aristeides, Lieutenant Katsimbalis, [/color][color=red]Lieutenant Creamsicle[/b][/color][/center]
    [CENTER]3.7 million renown and counting![/center]

Red face Re: Full Rift Cosmetics?

By far the best looking raid set in game still!!

Re: Full Rift Cosmetics?

My guess this will depend on how many helms are bartered for. If not many people barter for the helms, they may not put the resources in for the rest of the armor pieces. The more items that are purchased, the more "successful" they are.

Unfortunately, more people would probably barter for a full set than just the helms.
    [size=2][u][url="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328837-Sauron-vs.-Tom-Bombadil"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] ♪♫[/color][COLOR="DarkOrange"]A fun what-if video I hope lightens your day[/color][COLOR="Red"]♫♪[/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by robnkarla View Post
    My guess this will depend on how many helms are bartered for. If not many people barter for the helms, they may not put the resources in for the rest of the armor pieces. The more items that are purchased, the more "successful" they are.

Unfortunately, more people would probably barter for a full set than just the helms.
    Yea. Also for some classes the helmet is just a circlet. Also there are alot of people that like to not show their helmet. Most of my cosmetics have helm not sowing. Of all the armour/cosmetics we can choose to not show, I think helm is probably the most 'turned off' piece.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by IMAWIN View Post
    Yea. Also for some classes the helmet is just a circlet. Also there are alot of people that like to not show their helmet. Most of my cosmetics have helm not sowing. Of all the armour/cosmetics we can choose to not show, I think helm is probably the most 'turned off' piece.
    I agree. Well hopefully someone will see this thread and maybe include the full sets. I'd love to wear the rift-defender set on my captain.
    [CENTER][b][u][Gladden][/u][color=gray] Second Marshal Clevinger, Third Marshal Aristeides, Lieutenant Katsimbalis, [/color][color=red]Lieutenant Creamsicle[/b][/color][/center]

Or you could run the Rift with 6 of your level 65 buddies...It was so much fun the other night(we did just that twice now to get some people the armor for cosmetic purposes...)
    It is not only fun, but the nostalgia of being in there again was alot of fun......

Quote Originally Posted by llprnzs View Post
    Or you could run the Rift with 6 of your level 65 buddies...It was so much fun the other night(we did just that twice now to get some people the armor for cosmetic purposes...)
    It is not only fun, but the nostalgia of being in there again was alot of fun......

Yes, but even if I did I wouldn't be able to wear the champion set cosmetically on my captain.

Quote Originally Posted by reincarnate View Post
    Yes, but even if I did I wouldn't be able to wear the champion set cosmetically on my captain.
    This...only I want the champion set on my dwarf RK

I doubt they'd ever allow light armour to wear heavy cosmetics, but it would be nice for those of same armour level to be allowed the rift cosmetics now.

Quote Originally Posted by reincarnate View Post
    I doubt they'd ever allow light armour to wear heavy cosmetics.
    Except that's what the bartered rift helms let you do, a RK can now wear the Helm of the Gloom-bane, the champion helm!
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=279975]My first raid idea.[/URL]
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328485-Enedwaith-Raid-Zigil-D%FBm]The Third[/URL]
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?317179-Non-radiance-gated-Flaming-Deeps-raid-Gh%E2sh-lug]The Second[/URL] (Technically the third, but the real second one I have disowned!)

I wouldn't mind if they released a full rift cosmetic as long as they changed they dye patterns so that when they are shown people know you don't have the real deal and those with the real deal from waaaaay back when still have their feather in their cap so to speak.
    [FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"]If Middle Earth doesn't take a moment to understand [I]why[/I] Sauron was able to draw tens of thousands of disenfranchised individuals to his cause, then they're destined to fight the same war all over again...as soon as the next Sauron shows up.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by IMAWIN View Post
    My thought as well. Sure I can agree that most of the helm designs are pretty cool looking, but I almost never wear a helm even on my heavy armour wearing Guard. Little Lexa wears a circlet most of the time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2121f000000132226/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If they release the full rift cosmetic sets, they will probably make them class-specific.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b3969/01007/signature.png]Minarfin[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Golledhel View Post
    If they release the full rift cosmetic sets, they will probably make them class-specific.
    I'd hope not, and that's what I'm requesting in this thread. The new armour is so yucky and often ridiculous looking. Would be nice to wear the coolest sets in the game on any class.

Yeah. But it's much cheaper to create a class-specific cosmetic version of an existing armour, than it is to create new Hobbit, Elf, and Dwarf models for the Rift Captain armour.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b3969/01007/signature.png]Minarfin[/charsig]

Yeah. But it's much cheaper to create a class-specific cosmetic version of an existing armour, than it is to create new Hobbit, Elf, and Dwarf models for the Rift Captain armour.
    Actually because everyone has the same body shape ( IE no 4 armed aliens ) gear is adjusted by the scaling already in place on the skeletons. IE: there is nothing they have to do besides actually making the basic assets and testing it. ( Notice how if you go to the rift vendor, you can already try everything on...I know exactly what my dwarf RK looks like in ALL rift sets...I just can't equip them )

How does the dressing room work? it lets you see stuff you cant wear. i honestly dont know... have you tried linking captain-only armor to a hobbit and have them try it on?
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    How does the dressing room work? it lets you see stuff you cant wear. i honestly dont know... have you tried linking captain-only armor to a hobbit and have them try it on?
    See my above post...and yes, a hobbit can try on captain gear, just like a dwarf can

Talking Re: Full Rift Cosmetics?

I fully agree that the Rift Cosmetics should all be available, even the weapons, when cosmetic weapons come about! It's all so awesome looking!