We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Hunter = 3 or 4th DPS class

[COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Will you young whippersnappers get off my lawn!

Squirrel!

er...

i mean...

Bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by NameAlreadyTaken View Post
    Dear -MoJo-,

It seems your Sarcasm Detector
    ™ is currently malfunctioning. We will dispatch someone immediately from the Support Team to effect repairs. Thank you for your patience during this outage.

Sincerely,
    Hunter Forums IT Support
    my name belongs to me and i approve of this message.

[CENTER]Forgotten_Legend
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527024_10201657307011879_113045648_n.jpg[/IMG]
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    *sigh* you fail man

traiting for coolburn in pve is just stupid and even for pvp its bad
    I was only joking. I am traited with Bard of arrow, Rain of Thorns and Bow of the Righteous, only joking. =/

I think we've (hunter forums hang-out types) all officially been here to long to take each others posting seriously - I just assume most of us are joking, hehe.

which means we should drink.

woo - car bombs.

[COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post

PS: if you weren't married and happily /bean'd, I'd ask you to have my beans.
    [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by kerryak View Post
    I think we've (hunter forums hang-out types) all officially been here to long to take each others posting seriously - I just assume most of us are joking, hehe.

which means we should drink.

woo - car bombs.

no bacon? epic fail....

"hi, my name is [censored] and i'm a baconholic"
    [CENTER]Forgotten_Legend
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/527024_10201657307011879_113045648_n.jpg[/IMG]
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten_Legend View Post
    "hi, my name is [censored] and i'm a baconholic"
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Yeah I can already tell Hunters are just awful performance now. I dont know what Turbine is thinking but im already disappointed. Only 30 minutes into the comeback weekend and my 62 Hunter is already boring me.

Sucks, this is usually my favorite class.

Played my Runekeeper for a couple minutes as well and its immediately apparent he's performing way better.

Doesnt help the respawn times in this game, particularly anything after from Moria on, are way too fast.

Turbine's intent is for Hunters to be "ranged tanks". Why else would they want us tanking Watcher tentacles and Cargerof (in BG)?

Sometimes....I cry.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000002964/01002/signature.png]Cassandra[/charsig]

[url]http://my.lotro.com/character/windfola/cassandra[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfingers View Post
    Turbine's intent is for Hunters to be "ranged tanks". Why else would they want us tanking Watcher tentacles and Cargerof (in BG)?

Sometimes....I cry.
    Hey, someone's gotta tank it. (and I like tanking)
    [CENTER][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=pink]S[SIZE=1]TROZZAPRETI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 10/X6|[COLOR=olive]R[SIZE=1]IGATONI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 8|[COLOR=red]G[SIZE=1]NOCCHI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 7|[COLOR=blue]M[SIZE=1]ACCHERONI[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 7|[COLOR=yellow]R[SIZE=1]AVIOLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6|[COLOR=orange]F[SIZE=1]USILLI[/SIZE][/COLOR] 6
    A[SIZE=1]STERIX[/SIZE]|C[SIZE=1]HARAKHA[/SIZE]|K[SIZE=1]HAGATAI[/SIZE]|V[SIZE=1]ORO[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Playing on JQ in GW2
    [/CENTER]

Sadly, the second I read the definition of RK, I knew our transition to "ranged vs ranged" in some form was in order.

Our passives support it. Our gear (-RV, +ranged evade leg, etc.) and trait lines totally support us excelling in this role. While the RK is a better thought out class, w/ a faster playstyle, they don't have as nice a way to survive continued ranged fire. I truly think this is the role we're intended to EXCEL at. Even though it's not as much a required one for every instance.
    [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyman View Post
    Hey, someone's gotta tank it.
    How about those guys with the heavy armor..and the shields..and the big weapons..and the +5 morale per Vitality, and the resistance to Critical Hits?

Physically forcing non-tank classes to tank is simply exploitative. ESPECIALLY when you just got done making all the boss mobs hit harder, crit harder, and only gave certain classes the ability to mitigate this new challenge. It's a terrible terrible mechanic and the person who thought of it should be fired.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000002964/01002/signature.png]Cassandra[/charsig]

It's a terrible terrible mechanic and the person who thought of it should be fired.
    Ive been hoping for a new class dev since Moria. I really think they've just accepted their incompetence and given up. LotRO is the best MMO out their for me ... but every "welcome back weekend" I just see this (among a couple of other things) and gag.

Oh well ...

Quote Originally Posted by j0k3r238 View Post
    Ive been hoping for a new class dev since Moria.
    Well, then it probably won't come as any comfort to learn that Turbine has never assigned class devs to LOTRO*. It's been one of Turbine's biggest failings since day one. Even if they were to create player class leads (a la DAOC) that would at least give the ILLUSION that they cared, and give a focal point for player frustrations and feedback.

/shrug

*(The people who "looked" like class devs were merely working on pet projects and were never really assigned to advocate or collect data for a given class.)

How about those guys with the heavy armor..and the shields..and the big weapons..and the +5 morale per Vitality, and the resistance to Critical Hits?

Physically forcing non-tank classes to tank is simply exploitative. ESPECIALLY when you just got done making all the boss mobs hit harder, crit harder, and only gave certain classes the ability to mitigate this new challenge. It's a terrible terrible mechanic and the person who thought of it should be fired.
    It always wasn't always thus, it was more an issue of them having easily ranged-tanked raids and raid-leaders saying "you know what would be awesome? If our melee guys didn't get splattered all over the wall."

I'll agree SoM changes make this less attractive, and I think Turbine is starting to learn our tricksy ways. (See SG pull).

But the passives and the legacies were all there for us to do it well in SoA and MoM. As the main ranged tank for my kin, I definitely have seen my share of time as a bosses main-target. In SoA I had 39.7% parry/evade (nerfed) and in MoM I easily could kit 18% RV (nerfed).

When mitigations and + healing were through the roof, I was able to take ridunculous (that's a scientific term) damage and get healed pretty well.

I won't lie and say Turbine made it harder while making true tanks extra girthy. (And we know everyone loves the girth). And I don't have a problem w/ that, but I can't say I didn't run w/ the ball when their raid designs said "yo, Hat, run w/ this dawg."

I'd like to see us retweaked abit, since our epeens for this role ain't as epeeny. And by that, I don't mean make us better tanks, I mean, re-evaluate whether them giving Hunters the best agro grabbing tool in-game (Bowmaster S:S bonus) isn't exactly a 'punishment' when used by savvy players to hold agro.
    [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post

if a epic conclusion can hit for 7-10k dmg then a heart seeker should hit for 5k on crits
    (dont ask for more cause then turbine will give us another nerf if we get out of line asking for too much)
    Where did you see RK do 10k EC? I think I only saw 6400 max on my toon. I didnt have the turtle rings (which might help a bit... but still not sure if you get to 10k here )

Quote Originally Posted by Overtone View Post
    I haven't seen a true Hunt*rd stand up yet so I'm going to go ahead and say it:

Hunters are the #1 ST DPS Class

How do I know?

Because we constantly pull hate from every RK and Champ!
    Ummm -- you pull because your instantenous threat goes up. Threat up above RK's = pull, burst damage (just like mini is doing burst healing).. RKs do much more averaged damage (fire) or unpredictable damage (light). Average your burst across time and i'm not sure how it will work out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by lariva View Post
    Ummm -- you pull because your instantenous threat goes up. Threat up above RK's = pull, burst damage (just like mini is doing burst healing).. RKs do much more averaged damage (fire) or unpredictable damage (light). Average your burst across time and i'm not sure how it will work out to be.
    [LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][I][SIZE=1]Ardent Defender against the Order of Fanatical [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]Anti-N[/SIZE][SIZE=1]eophyte [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Braggadocios [/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ordaining Illogicality[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/LEFT]

Nice work Overtone. You caught two people in the same thread, that's pretty impressive.
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]7 Level 65s: Champ, Hunter, Guardian, Captain, RK, LM, Burglar[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=YellowGreen] [B]All of them are sick of grinding Scrolls of Empowerment[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]Awaiting change...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by NameAlreadyTaken View Post
    Nice work Overtone. You caught two people in the same thread, that's pretty impressive.
    I give him 2 internets, and a cookie.
    [/color]

If Hunters are ranged tanks then the class is completely broken!

We need to start a protest thread and force turbine to fix us by giving us 5 morale per vit like all the other tanking classes!
    Last edited by dhatcher1; Mar 29 2010 at 07:40 PM.

I understand blaming the rks for all this mess, but leave the champs out of it! We are virtually useless in BG while you see groups taking up to 4 or 5 hunters. Every raid requires hunters, the Watcher, The Blind one in DN, at least you are needed while we champs just sit around and wait for the next raid.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042070000000cbc65/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by nolins12 View Post
    I understand blaming the rks for all this mess, but leave the champs out of it! We are virtually useless in BG while you see groups taking up to 4 or 5 hunters. Every raid requires hunters, the Watcher, The Blind one in DN, at least you are needed while we champs just sit around and wait for the next raid.
    Seriously? Anyone failing to find a use for Champions suffers from a severe lack of imagination. Yes, there are parts that require Hunters, but the AoE DPS that a champ brings to the table is hard to replace.
    [CENTER][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by SaintBass View Post
    Seriously? Anyone failing to find a use for Champions suffers from a severe lack of imagination. Yes, there are parts that require Hunters, but the AoE DPS that a champ brings to the table is hard to replace.
    And yet, once you get to the Lt, the class that I am least interested in having as part of my raids is a Champ.

2 Guardians and 10 Runekeepers ftw.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast