We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: Hunter = 3 or 4th DPS class

The thing that gets me, is, Turbine is always talking about balancing classes. I don't mind if Hunters are the 2nd best single target DPS class, but to be 3rd next to a Champ, who's primary role is supposed to be an AoE class, I think the balance is uneven there. No other class can AoE like Champs, actually is there another AoE class? Hunters only get one non slot AoE attack, Capts have one as well, Minstrel in War Speech has 3, I guess Mini's would be the 2nd AoE class, per say. But that's the thing about this argument, Hunters have fallen down from their primary role, and they've fallen down pretty far. Every new expansion, you barely seen any kind of Hunter lovin, it's as if Hunter have became a farce of what they're intended to be. That's the key point, Hunters are intended to be a top single target DPS.

This almost reminds me a bit about EverQuest and Druids, in the beginning they were the second best healer and single target DPSer, and an expansion came out, their heals became a joke, they're DPS weren't as good, and the only thing they were good for was porting people around. I'm getting some weird flash backs now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlooBandaid View Post
    Every new expansion, you barely seen any kind of Hunter lovin, it's as if Hunter have became a farce of what they're intended to be. That's the key point, Hunters are intended to be a top single target DPS.
    hehe i told ya before..they dont like us lol cuz we still using a lvl 40 class book at lvl 65 >_<

I'm starting to wonder what role Hunters are becoming lately.
    hunters are ranged dps....in raids and other cases melees cant get in there so hunters take over....a RK can burn a mob faster than a hunter most of the time but when it comes to long fights hunters win the long run i believe. Im not saying hunters dont need a change cause fact is they do, hunters heart seeker needs a tune up big time for something with a 5 second induction and the big yellow "im targeting you" bullseye thing kills the whole skill for PVP use.

if a epic conclusion can hit for 7-10k dmg then a heart seeker should hit for 5k on crits
    (dont ask for more cause then turbine will give us another nerf if we get out of line asking for too much)

im fine with everything else other than the fact hunters need an interrupt real bad

Quote Originally Posted by Sorangie174 View Post
    Have u ever seen what a hunter does in Cool burn after a cappy OB? lol cuz that dps is sooo sweetttt
    [CENTER][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by SaintBass View Post
    LoL, great caption.

Have u ever seen what a hunter does in Cool burn after a cappy OB? lol cuz that dps is sooo sweetttt

make u read it again lmao

No other class can AoE like Champs, actually is there another AoE class
    Lore-masters have tons of multi-target damage but I have no idea how it compares to the others.

Also, point of clarity: I don't think LoTRo has an AOE class. There are no Area Of Effect abilities that I am aware of. They are all limited by number of targets.

I know it's easier to type AOE than multi-target but they really aren't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorangie174 View Post
    *sigh* you fail man

traiting for coolburn in pve is just stupid and even for pvp its bad

"hunters can't even run 5 down any ONE trait set to keep up with either of the other 4 builds. RED FLAG)"

That is the biggest issue I have with my hunter at this point in time. The trait set bonuses make little sense and the legendary capstones are all pretty terrible (especially Trapper and Huntsman).

...usage of the word "sweet" is unacceptable. Not because it is slang, but because it is really, really, bad slang. It is slang that did not survive the 80's for a reason. Its cousin, "radical" should also never be used.
    Whoa... That's a most heinous statement...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Also, point of clarity: I don't think LoTRo has an AOE class. There are no Area Of Effect abilities that I am aware of. They are all limited by number of targets.
    There are a couple true Area of Effect skills. Lore-masters have Improved Sticky Gourd, Sticky Tar, and Wards. Rune-Keepers have Flurry of Words. Burglars have caltrops. Is the hunter lure trap an AoE? Not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CWood View Post
    Its the kind of statement that breaks up the band. XD
    [CENTER][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

I think the hunter class has just evolved and we gotta roll with it or roll an rk.

However, we are the only class that can fully dps from 40m, we have improved cc, we can take aggro at will or give aggro away at will, tougher than rks, has the ability to nuke if something needs to die fast.

In my opinion it requires alot more awareness to play now than it used to. Though not the feature dps anymore, we are still far from worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWood View Post
    Totally bogus even!
    [LEFT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][I][SIZE=1]Ardent Defender against the Order of Fanatical [/SIZE][/I][I][SIZE=1]Anti-N[/SIZE][SIZE=1]eophyte [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Braggadocios [/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ordaining Illogicality[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Duredhel View Post
    Totally bogus even!

Who would have thought that one of these guys would have a career after this.

Its the kind of statement that breaks up the band. XD
    It's OK, cause now we're putting the band back together...
    [b][size=1][color=#7C8FA2][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/dahm"][color=#7C8FA2]Dahm[/color][/URL] [color=#2C3F52]65H[/color] | [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/thuli"][color=#7C8FA2]Thuli[/color][/URL] [color=#2C3F52]65G[/color] | [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/Dudarian"][color=#7C8FA2]Dudarian[/color][/URL] [color=#2C3F52]20W[/color] [color=#6C7F92]::[/color] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/kinship-brandywine-grey_wanderers/"][color=#7C8FA2]The Grey Wanderers[/color][/URL] of Brandywine[/color]
    [color=#4C5F72]and the stalled alts: [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/thaelen"][color=#4C5F72]Cappy @12[/color][/URL] [COLOR="#3C4F62"]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/kuruvar"][color=#4C5F72]RK @27[/color][/URL] [COLOR="#3C4F62"]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/kalthas"][color=#4C5F72]Mini @33[/color][/URL] [COLOR=#3C4F62]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/naldo"][color=#4C5F72]Burg @34[/color][/URL] [COLOR=#3C4F62]|[/COLOR] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/brandywine/drekka"][color=#4C5F72]Champ @36[/color][/URL][/color]
    [color=#448877][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/vilya/dahms"][color=#448877]Dahm's Evil Twin[/color][/URL] [color=#2C3F52]31H[/color] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/kinship-vilya-and_my_awesome_friends/"][color=#448877]And My Awesome Friends[/color][/URL][color=#303030]_[/color] [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=313143"][I][COLOR=DarkRed]a permadeath kin on Vilya[/COLOR][/URL][/I][/color][SIZE="3"][color=#303030]_[/color][/SIZE]

[URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=92210"]Camp Site List[/URL] [/b][COLOR=#8C9FB2]||[/COLOR] [B][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?338615-Regen&p=4742372#post4742372"]Regen (PIC/MIC) from Fate[/URL] [COLOR=#8C9FB2][/B]||[B] Convert Ratings to Percent[/B]: [B][/COLOR][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?p=4082215#post4082215"]BPE/Crit/Etc.[/URL][/B][/size]

what would you ask of death?
    [COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Dom12 View Post
    The greatest thing about that movie is when they are explaining why they are getting the band back together, Elwood inevitably says, "We're on a mission from God." and that just explains it. Nobody needs to hear anything else and they sign on within 30 seconds.

Oh and the unholycrapton of musical talent tapped for that flick is astounding. Good luck getting that kind of talent together for a musical comedy.

Talent, its why vinyl sounds better.

Well hunters are in the top 3 for sure and isn't that what's important? LOTRO has three designated DPS classes so as long as we are in that top three I don't see a problem. RKs can do great damage but they have to attune first and they can't hit from 40m. They have good close up stuns and mezzes but we cna trait for better CC.

I even trait 3 in trapper which lowers my ranged damage and I still put up respecable numbers. I think they tend to be very careful with hunters because it woud be very easy to make us OP again like MoM release days. All in all I still love playing hunter and I've really learned to like ToF (although I can't bring myself to trait 4 deep because it makes PS too wierd).

One thing I did forget to add, was when we're in a group and we happen to take aggro, trying to use any of the induction attacks are hindered by mobs bashing us. I love swift bow, especially when I can get a tripple crit on them, and that's about the only time I think we can out DPS Champs, praying for back to back to back crits.

But in comparison to fully traited minstrels, they can do a ton of damage with Call to second age, Call to Fate, Piercing Cry, even Call to Orome, of course this being they hit their crits, and those 4 fast attacks can crit from 1500-2500, I forget what's the damage cap on those songs, but I have seen Minis take out 12k mobs with 4 hits. That is very impressive, which can give them an edge into being the third place DPS class.

And as for the moors, if I chose to PvP, I'm really only doing melee attacks and just trait myself for melee, it goes back to the induction attacks, they're great, but can't help you when you have players attacking you. I do have one weapon that I maxed out the DPS on, which I never would do normally, most of the weapons I have I just put points into the LI bonuses which is the only way I can max out QS, Ind and Foc crits.
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents about the Minnie info. There is no way a Minnie can take out a 12k mob in 4 hits! You will not get 3k crits with those 4 abilities unless the mob has been massively debuffed. Since the Vol 3 Book 1 update I've been getting a lot less crits from those abilities it seems and those 4 abilities with eat up about between 800 and 1k power (not logged in right now so I can't give the exact numbers). I've run SG as a DPS Minnie and I seemed to run out of power a lot when using my 4 big dps skills. I ended up just using ballads most of the time because I got tired of just auto attacking waiting on power regen.

Talent, its why vinyl sounds better.
    You know, I never bought into the whole vinyl-sounds-better thing until I heard Led Zeppelin II on cd and vinyl back-to-back. Hiss and pops aside, there is something different there.

I haven't seen a true Hunt*rd stand up yet so I'm going to go ahead and say it:

Hunters are the #1 ST DPS Class

How do I know?

Because we constantly pull hate from every RK and Champ!

That's because of the additional hate we generate in SS, not because we are doing more damage. Eliminating the hate we generate in SS would go a long way in puting us back at the top of the DPS list.

Dear -MoJo-,

It seems your Sarcasm Detector
    ™ is currently malfunctioning. We will dispatch someone immediately from the Support Team to effect repairs. Thank you for your patience during this outage.

Sincerely,
    Hunter Forums IT Support
    [LEFT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]7 Level 65s: Champ, Hunter, Guardian, Captain, RK, LM, Burglar[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=YellowGreen] [B]All of them are sick of grinding Scrolls of Empowerment[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=Red][B]Awaiting change...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/LEFT]

cuuuuuuurses!!!!

[COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast