We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Choosing the appearance of crafted items

Why is it that when I craft a bow, I cannot make it look like I wish to make it look? One would thing that as an SM woodcrafter, kindred with the guild, I'd be proficient enough to make a bow appear as I'd like it to appear.

I'm not talking about custom items. I'd just like to be able to use existing maps/textures to apply to items I create.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=deepskyblue]Lle merna aut farien?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=yellow]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000005532/01008/signature.png]Northwoods[/charsig][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=yellow]
    Playing music in LotRO is as easy as [URL="http://abcnotation.org.uk/"]ABC![/URL][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Re: Choosing the appearance of crafted items

I agree! Maybe only have this option if you crit a weapon (similar to naming it) you get to choose from a list of available, existing appropriate bitmaps.

But you'd also have to expand this to the Reforged Legendary Weapons - you can't crit those and they are the ugliest darn weapons!

Re: Choosing the appearance of crafted items

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladar_LOTRO View Post
    I agree! Maybe only have this option if you crit a weapon (similar to naming it) you get to choose from a list of available, existing appropriate bitmaps.

But you'd also have to expand this to the Reforged Legendary Weapons - you can't crit those and they are the ugliest darn weapons!
    agreed, Captains Arm = way more awesome then any legendary wep

maybe they could come up with like 6 uncommon drops that would be commonly used among all trades to change the apperance of the product (provided its something visual, like armor or weapons, or maybe just weapons).