We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Let me turn off godmode please.

    I was trying to 3-man 1.4.8 earlier and noticed Inspired Greatness comes on automatically, and yes we tried multiple times. Is there a way to turn this off that I don't know about? All the quests in this game can be done easily without having a 10,000 morale life bar that never moves thanks to extra damage mitigation on top of it, not to mention all the other buffs. This is lame and no fun!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Doo doo doo, lookin' out my back door...
    Posts
    4,224

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Get 6 people in your fellowship, then drop 3 after someone starts it.
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

  3. #3

    Thumbs down Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotlbeme View Post
    Get 6 people in your fellowship, then drop 3 after someone starts it.
    As soon as someone leaves, the buff shows up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    2,884

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rauthgar View Post
    I was trying to 3-man 1.4.8 earlier and noticed Inspired Greatness comes on automatically, and yes we tried multiple times. Is there a way to turn this off that I don't know about? All the quests in this game can be done easily without having a 10,000 morale life bar that never moves thanks to extra damage mitigation on top of it, not to mention all the other buffs. This is lame and no fun!
    "Lame and no fun" is perspective. I, for one, quite enjoyed being able to smash the guys in volume 1 without trouble (and in fact, the later chapters did get a little difficult).


    And, it's just a Volume 1 epic book thing. There are no regular game quests that include "Inspired Greatness".


    Regardless, a way to toggle it off would be a great addition, for those who enjoy that sort of thing.
    [B][COLOR=red]Turn[/COLOR] - Guardian
    [COLOR=red]Balandolen[/COLOR] - Lore-master
    [COLOR=red]Turnholm[/COLOR] - Minstrel

    [/B]

  5. #5

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Well I just solo'd it with no gear, no weapon, no pots, no scrolls and used no skills. I just stood there naked with auto attack and my life bar didn't get hurt at all with a 28,000 morale elite + 8 other elite mobs beating on me. What is the point? These quests used to be a blast.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    2,884

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rauthgar View Post
    Well I just solo'd it with no gear, no weapon, no pots, no scrolls and used no skills. I just stood there naked with auto attack and my life bar didn't get hurt at all with a 28,000 morale elite + 8 other elite mobs beating on me. What is the point? These quests used to be a blast.
    Well, part of the lack of excitement might be the fact that you just sat there and auto-attacked...


    And which chapter were you trying? I could see book 4 being cake, but books 13, 14, and 15 were much less so, even for my guardian.

    (Not to mention, if you're 65, it would be cake to 3-man even without the buff. My guard was 53 when he got to book 15. The quests are level 50.)
    [B][COLOR=red]Turn[/COLOR] - Guardian
    [COLOR=red]Balandolen[/COLOR] - Lore-master
    [COLOR=red]Turnholm[/COLOR] - Minstrel

    [/B]

  7. #7

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rauthgar View Post
    Well I just solo'd it with no gear, no weapon, no pots, no scrolls and used no skills. I just stood there naked with auto attack and my life bar didn't get hurt at all with a 28,000 morale elite + 8 other elite mobs beating on me. What is the point? These quests used to be a blast.
    Even before inspired greatness. You could solo this instance with a 65 or come very close to soloing it.

    My kin used to have Legomanic die repeatly on this instance at level with six. Or have multiple deaths.

    I regularly did most of the instances lower than book 12 with 2 or 3. Some exceptions. 1.5.8 and 1.8.5 could be really sticky depending on the group mix and luck.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  8. #8

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Even before inspired greatness. You could solo this instance with a 65 or come very close to soloing it.
    Yeah, but I get the OP's frustration. It used to be a test of skill to go solo full-fellowship instances like this at a higher level. Now you don't get a choice about the buff. You get the buff whether you want it or not, and it turns something that was a challenge at level 65 into something you can do almost blindfolded.

    Having some way to disable Inspired Greatness would be a good feature, although it would need to be something that players had to do very deliberately, so no one did it accidentally. Maybe the Reflecting Pool folks who give you the quest could sell a "Potion of Gloom" that you drank once inside the instance that was clearly indicated to dispel Inspired Greatness.

  9. #9

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Lol, I didn't do it at level 65, I did it at level 42.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    189

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rauthgar View Post
    I was trying to 3-man 1.4.8 earlier and noticed Inspired Greatness comes on automatically, and yes we tried multiple times. Is there a way to turn this off that I don't know about? All the quests in this game can be done easily without having a 10,000 morale life bar that never moves thanks to extra damage mitigation on top of it, not to mention all the other buffs. This is lame and no fun!
    I think you might be too awesome for this game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001037e2/01001/signature.png]Marcosi[/charsig]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,924

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rauthgar View Post
    Well I just solo'd it with no gear, no weapon, no pots, no scrolls and used no skills. I just stood there naked with auto attack and my life bar didn't get hurt at all with a 28,000 morale elite + 8 other elite mobs beating on me. What is the point? These quests used to be a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauthgar View Post
    Lol, I didn't do it at level 65, I did it at level 42.
    Lol.

    They should have just given people the option of the playing the cutscenes and getting credit for all the quests. It would have required no Dev time, been equally challenging, faster and reduced load on the server...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    142

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    I would have to agree that the instances are way too easy now; I tried them all as on-level as possible with a 50 LM (aside from 1.15.12 which I cannot seem to do through a pool). With the LM I had no difficulty in any of them and often found myself pushing the limits to see how broken it really was (not quite as far as a 65 guardian could do pulling entire instances at once, but easy enough).

    The only time I even used the LM heal on an escort or pet was when I was testing to see how well the NPC could solo something.

    Further, the only time any of the instances even got all that close was the Amarthiel "fight" at the end of 1.14.15 when I went AFK for a while (no auto-attack or anything, the fight just ends after a minute anyway) and the only reason that got close was because of high dread levels and I was not wasting tokens.



    In the end though, the pure lack of difficulty is not as frustrating as the fact that any of the instances that once required a certain strategy no longer require any.

  13. #13

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    I have a question for everyone complaining about inspired greatness. Why are you just NOW doing volume I? Hmmm ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001ed4f5/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    1,143

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius_Silvermane View Post
    I have a question for everyone complaining about inspired greatness. Why are you just NOW doing volume I? Hmmm ?
    Because we did it a long time ago on our mains, and are finally getting around to doing it on our alts.

    I can appreciate the OPs frustration, I soloed book 12 the other day on my Loremaster, and it just wasn't that exciting. I never felt that thrill of danger, never worried about wiping.
    Silverlode refugee

  15. #15

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by redgold9 View Post
    Because we did it a long time ago on our mains, and are finally getting around to doing it on our alts.

    I can appreciate the OPs frustration, I soloed book 12 the other day on my Loremaster, and it just wasn't that exciting. I never felt that thrill of danger, never worried about wiping.
    your first comment doesn't make sense, because 99.5% of people, will want to try and go through the books quicker on their alts. BECAUSE they have already done it on their mains.

    and personally, i love the buff, because ive always had one hell of a time trying to find groups to do them. i was stuck on 1.8.5 for like 6 months, till they finally brought this buff in.

    I just know that after im done volume 1, im going to have to go back and try for weeks on end to get groups for fellowship quests on volume 2.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000293dbf/signature.png]Syce[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    921

    Re: Let me turn off godmode please.

    Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD View Post
    Lol.

    They should have just given people the option of the playing the cutscenes and getting credit for all the quests. It would have required no Dev time, been equally challenging, faster and reduced load on the server...
    QFT. Inspired Greatness is Fail.

    /second OP

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload