We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: who has better survivability a captain or warden?

Quote Originally Posted by Barruktp View Post
    Ah, my young apprentice you have not mastered the ways of Waden...

Seriously a top-geared warden can take down ANY single boss mob given enough time. 10-pull on level normals? No prob. 50k elite master? Again, no prob. It's called dbd surfing where you can alternate generating power and morale ad infinitum. I forget what level you get Dark Before Dawn but it is after level 50 I am pretty sure. Also warden dps traited puts out a lot more hurt than capt dps traited IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, they are the two most survivable classes, and my two favorite classes, and are pretty much tied for everything while levelling. It is just that warden survivability at end-game is so far ahead of everything else it is just laughable.
    The issue with Dark before Dawn is you have to be low on health(below 40% I believe) before you can use it. But if you even get a couple off you can quickly be on the plus side on power. My Warden is heavly sheild specced and you can pretty much take anything and live. On the flip side the classes are really 2 completely different classes in what they do. Both have great survivability, BUT the Capt is built around a group where a Warden is built for solo mostly. Stand around 21st Hall and see how many times a group calls for a Capt or a Warden :-)

Quote Originally Posted by fbonfilio View Post
    The issue with Dark before Dawn is you have to be low on health(below 40% I believe) before you can use it. But if you even get a couple off you can quickly be on the plus side on power. My Warden is heavly sheild specced and you can pretty much take anything and live. On the flip side the classes are really 2 completely different classes in what they do. Both have great survivability, BUT the Capt is built around a group where a Warden is built for solo mostly. Stand around 21st Hall and see how many times a group calls for a Capt or a Warden :-)

DbD is activated at 50% health. I usually que it up right around 55-60% health manually, then pop it as soon as I can get it off. After that you can usually mastery 2 more quickly and with the legacy restore about 3/4 of your power pool.
    Second Marshal Hurth
    Skill and Valour
    Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by paradoxicwombat View Post
    Yes. With Composure slotted, Time of Need resets Cry of Vengeance.
    Not anymore. That was not an intended perk, and was "fixed" mid-Moria.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by fbonfilio View Post
    OK so first of all, the point of this thread is not who is more popular in groups, but who has better survivability :-) I don't care what the pew-pew'ers think, I play all 9 classes and enjoy them all.

Secondly, DbD requires masteries and a large morale pool to use effectively.
    The usual build would be...
    [sp-sh][sp-fi]sp then...
    sp[shi-sp][fi-sp]
    You can get that off in under 4 seocnds, then boom! you have around 1500 power. Use that to start cycling through self heals.... By the time you have done the 5 icon, the 4 icon, and the 3 icon HoTs the masteries should be up again and you can cycle DbD.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000a4a22/01003/signature.png]Brathistir[/charsig]

I think the real question is what duo have better survivability than a captain and warden?

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Wardens...

Captains cant take more then 10 mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    I think the real question is what duo have better survivability than a captain and warden?

That one is easy.... none.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000a4a22/01003/signature.png]Brathistir[/charsig]

I just had a blast helping another player get the auroch's skull in that orc camp in the Ram Duath. She was level 40, my warden 43. I told her we go on the left side, skirting the group on the right, I grab all the aggro by the skull, she grabs the skull and we run out. Worked great, I got 8 orcs pounding on me, she got the skull, we left and I finished off the ones still chasing. Only went down half morale. So much fun.

I highly doubt my captain could have done that and survived at level 43. Though I love playing my captain, she does have trouble against a lot of mobs like that.
    Last edited by redwoodtreesprite; Mar 18 2010 at 10:25 PM.

Talking Re: who has better survivability a captain or warden?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadacross View Post
    alright cool thanks alot everyone! Ill stick with my warden, hes fun anyways and those HoTs have saved me alot. I just wish I didnt get careless and cocky at lvl 19. I really wanted that Undying title lol Im only lvl 25 but its not worth a remake to get.
    It's the only class I could get to lvl 20 without dying, but I had a close call too.

Getting undying is less about class mechanics and more about careful pulling. I have managed to do it on every class except for burg, but I have not done it first time around on any class. And the burg was just a stupid mistake... tanked a boss in place instead of pulling him away from respawns into a safe area.

As a warden main with a captain main alt... warden all the way. If I'm soloing on my captain, I can't take on more than two, maybe three normal mobs at a time, and I need to take at least a couple of seconds to look at a pull and think about what to tackle first. If I'm soloing on my warden, I just run in and grab everything and if I end up with more than I can stand and tank toe-to-toe, I just go into drain/heal/javelin-plink kiting mode until I'm back down to a reasonable number.

To be fair my warden has better gear and virtues and I am very, very comfortable playing him. But my captain, while not raid-ready, does quite fine for herself, so I don't think it's just a matter of what class I'm more skilled with.

And agreed on captain + warden = pretty much invincible. I leveled my captain with my roommate's warden and we pretty much never died. And I love duoing with my boyfriend's captain. Power banner + Focus lets me break 2k ICPR so I can go all out all the time.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

Guardian is the only class I made it to Undying. I generally end up feeling sorry for someone in Combe/Chetwood or some such area, fellow up with them, and then they go off feeling invincible and pull a whole room/area somewhere without a good retreat path. *rolls eyes* After the first few characters lost the title that way, I generally go and throw them off the nearest cliff after creation just to get it out of the way.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

i'd say it's the captain when running on HoH while using the warden with offensive traits
    but only marginably so
    when my warden has troubles with survivability it's usually because he runs out of power.. that's a weak spot

haven't run a full shield setup on my warden solo yet to be honest so if you use that setup it's probably the warden
    Last edited by flyingcircus; Mar 24 2010 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcircus View Post
    haven't run a full shield setup on my warden solo yet to be honest so if you use that setup it's probably the warden
    While not Shield spec, I consistently used Dark Before the Dawn, and handle trouble with some large packs 3 levels above me. Now that I am shield trait-ed, i kill more things by auto attack while waiting for some power to regen and hardly get close to even being able to use Dark.

Wardens are extremely resilient if played well.

Warden.

My Captain is my main and the class I play best.

But I have to be honest. My Warden is almost indestructible. She has survived some sick pulls.

My captain is fairly well geared out and traited full hoh with good legendaries. I could honestly say that with all my heals up, last stand, and manheal along with a power and health pot I could probably take 8-10 normal mobs. Without every cd I'd say 5-8 mobs np.

Although my warden is fairly fresh and still leveling im pretty comfortable fighting 3-5 mobs. Im sure this will change and get better as I level more.

Captain for 25 seconds.

Once Last stand is up Warden by far. Self heals are just that good.
    Ararax

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    Not anymore. That was not an intended perk, and was "fixed" mid-Moria.
    It may have been "fixed" but it has been "unfixed". CoV is reset by Composure+Time of Need as recently as mid-February (last time I used it).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000632b0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Cadacross View Post
    Hello Ive been recently playing a warden hes lvl 25 and Ive been wondering about a captain for a few days. I see they get heavy armor, heals, & buffs. So I was wondering if a captain could out survive a warden? Solo of course.
    Warden hands down. And by a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2