We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Since I now own a Kin Hall...........

There are a LOT of unoccupied Kin Halls. I live in one of the first batch of villages and only one Kin hall was ever occupired untill I bought my own. Since one account can now own one, why keep the pretence of having to have a Kinship? I left THE best Kinship on my server just because I like the "fluff" and wanted a big house. OK , it was a decision make with eyes open, but I do miss the Kinship.
    What is against opening the big houses to those players who would like one, free of the Kin requirement?

Re: Since I now own a Kin Hall...........

Quote Originally Posted by Ceejay90 View Post
    What is against opening the big houses to those players who would like one, free of the Kin requirement?
    The obstacle is that the housing purchasing and management systems would require substantial revision to accomodate this.

Also, there are fewer kinship-sized houses than any other type. Allowing individuals to purchase them could potentially result in vast numbers of neighborhoods being opened where only the 4 largest houses are ever purchased. In all likelihood, 2 of those houses would end up locked forever in just a few months, due to failure to pay upkeep. Now you have an entire persistent housing instance just to support 2 houses.

If you have enough characters to have your own kin (and kinship house), that means you also have one to spare to be in a "real" guild. Only 8 characters are required for your kin, the 9th can go anywhere you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceejay90 View Post
    There are a LOT of unoccupied Kin Halls. I live in one of the first batch of villages and only one Kin hall was ever occupired untill I bought my own. Since one account can now own one, why keep the pretence of having to have a Kinship? I left THE best Kinship on my server just because I like the "fluff" and wanted a big house. OK , it was a decision make with eyes open, but I do miss the Kinship.

I would guess available resources. Gold is easy enough to come by that most anyone that plays regularly could afford a Kin House. That's 3 large additional storage chests and all those Decoration Hooks for a single player. I don't know how many Kin Houses are in each neighborhood but there are far fewer of them then Deluxe Houses. I can't imagine how many neighborhoods it would take to be able to offer everyone a Kin House but my guess would be a lot.
    [b]Reconadan[/b] 75 Hunter/R7 ::: [b]Reconamir[/b] 75 Captain/R4 ::: [b]Reconien [/b]75 Champion/R6
    [b]Reconi[/b] 75 LoreMaster/R7 ::: [b]Elavyan[/b] 75 Minstrel/R4 ::: [b]Reconorin[/b] 75 Guardian
    [b]Westfold/Kindred [/b]::: Tinker/Armourer/Historian/Explorer/Woodsman

Every neighborhood has 4 kin houses.

Nothing is stopping players from using the current method of (getting help setting up and) making your own kin with your own 8+ characters and waiting to get to the right rank in order to buy one. (debating doing this route myself)

Other than that, I don't think they need to do anything extra to "open up" Kin Hall buying above what is already available.

The fees are already double+ of a deluxe, not to mention the added problem of if a player does decide to go the route of owning one themselves, they are further hampered by the rule of the kin not logging in for a set amount of time to keep it active and could very well end up disbanded thus losing the whole hall outright.
    [COLOR=#ffa500]0096 2251 2110 8105[/COLOR]

I guess the availability and the (to me remote) possibility of too many people buying one is the answer.
    The cost is no longer a problem for a lot of players, I can honestly make the weekly rent for both my De Luxe and the Kin Hall in a single evening, as could a great number of others.

As for Kin rules as I understand it I need eight characters in the kin. There is no rule sayng they actually need to log on within any set time......is there?

If no one in the kinship logs in within a 65 day window, the kinship will disband.

If the leader does not log in for more than 35 days or cancels his or her account, the successor receives a mail indicating the availability of the Usurp option. The successor can click the Usurp button in the Kinship panel to become leader. If the successor does not usurp leadership within 10 days, all officers of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any officer can usurp leadership. If no officer usurps leadership within 20 days, all members of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any member can usurp leadership. If a kinship goes 65 days without a new leader, the kinship will automatically disband....

Please note that the In-Game Support Team will not resolve issues regarding the transfer of ownership for a kinship or the automatic disbanding of a leaderless kinship. It is the responsibility of the kinship members to ensure that a successor has been chosen.
    This right here would be a situation related to the current issue of players buying houses and taking off for months on end, i can just see the first one to do so after buying a Kin Hall with a personal kinship, and leaving for 3 months coming back to zilch.
    [COLOR=#ffa500]0096 2251 2110 8105[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgaard View Post
    Every neighborhood has 4 kin houses.

Nothing is stopping players from using the current method of (getting help setting up and) making your own kin with your own 8+ characters and waiting to get to the right rank in order to buy one. (debating doing this route myself)
    Actually, you don't even need help to do it. Make a gmail account, make a trial under that email, then add the 7 characters to one of your main accounts spots. Just like that, you have all the benefits of a kin for 1 character (once they unlock, that is)
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

in my neighborhood, there are three available kin houses, the same three in fact, that have been available since i moved into my deluxe house two years ago. (the last one is locked due to failure to pay upkeep.) one of those kin houses has a lawn and a view that i love. let me buy it without the kinship requirement. after two years, its obvious that no kinship wants it.
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgaard View Post
    If no one in the kinship logs in within a 65 day window, the kinship will disband.

This right here would be a situation related to the current issue of players buying houses and taking off for months on end, i can just see the first one to do so after buying a Kin Hall with a personal kinship, and leaving for 3 months coming back to zilch.
    Wow, thanks for posting that quote! I am an officer in my kinship, and didn't know why there was a USurp button for me and also my non-officer characters. Just saved the kinship from getting disolved. Phew!

I am concerned that no mail was sent to my officer or my non officer characters though. It says that a mail will be sent about the USurp option and disbanding if nothing is done. But no mails at all were sent.
    Last edited by redwoodtreesprite; Mar 21 2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy