We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 273
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    84

    Re: BG recommendations

    I've only read 1 page but it seems so repeditive that I get what ur all saying.
    and I know im gonna get flamed for this but whatever, my group is Professional Awesome

    First thing I want to address is LT yellow eye + fear.
    If any of u noticed in LT 1.0 only the tank got the fear and he would loose agro and thats why you had to have an off tank to get him for the couple secs while the tank couldnt do anything, thats because the fear is -100% agro. Now in LT 2.0 the tank cant get the fear but everyone else can as u all know, but when u have the yellow eye and u get feared the bird will NOT, ill say it again, will NOT hit u for the +10000 morale hit, he CAN however do his random stun+chomp which is what happened in the first part of fight to melee ppl wthout the eye. I know this because, well one im epic, and two because when our curroptions got messed up and was in the slow for too long i about got caught and i just HIPS and while i still had the eye the bird went to the person that had agro. so im sorry again if u all just cant kite great but that ur problem not turbines.

    Second is trash pulls/respawn timers.
    All of the bosses, aside from LT should NOT take u more than 15 mins, in fact HM 2nd boss if ur in there more than like 12 mins ur probably going to fail. First boss I can see taking a little longer if u just have like 5 people die, which can happen but really theres no reason anyone should die, assuming the tanks are smart and communicate, which is hard for some i know. I know the group i go with is very experienced but on thursday run we did 1-3 all HM with 1 wipe on LT, soooooo l2p? naww it just takes practice for the pulls, especially the 1 b4 twins. for that pull its about timing, but its very possible, after black guys r dead, pull warg and LMs get both sorcs while eyes go to corner and group kills warg, and yes we run with 2 LMs so its ez aslong as theyre smart (i say that a lot, the "as long as theyre smart" because this instance isnt for noobs which is why i like it, 1 person can break a raid, so everyone has to pull their wieght).

    Third is loot.
    Loot is mediocre but there is some decent things. and 1 of my good friends always says when ppl complain about loot, that she raids to have fun, not for the epic lewttzz, and this is a game u should just be concerned with having fun but i know for some thats just too much to ask.

    Theres my input, go ahead flame me all u like i most likely will not read anything u say sooooo yeah, full BG set burg talking about beeeee geeeeeee, have fun/good luck
    Last edited by tonightinflames; Mar 21 2010 at 08:46 PM.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: BG recommendations

    well your opinion is valid. that is reality for some people the raid is very doable even LT HM.
    on the other end of the scale LT is beyond reach of many raiders imo, even more so than watcher2.0 because with watcher if you had warden it just became much much more doable.

    BG is certainly an experiment on turbines part to see just how much they can push the raiding community.
    [center][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/wyldcyde"]WyldCyde[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Chn [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/rafael"]Rafael[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 LM [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/delenn"]Delenn[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Hnt [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/tendai"]Tendai[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 RK [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/weirdo"]Weirdo[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Brg [/color][COLOR="Gray"]secret[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]65 Hnt[/COLOR][/center]
    [center][URL="http://off-peak.guildlaunch.com/"]OFF PEAK Kinship (Elendilmir)[/URL][/center]

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    First thing I want to address is LT yellow eye + fear.
    If any of u noticed in LT 1.0 only the tank got the fear and he would loose agro and thats why you had to have an off tank to get him for the couple secs while the tank couldnt do anything, thats because the fear is -100% agro. Now in LT 2.0 the tank cant get the fear but everyone else can as u all know, but when u have the yellow eye and u get feared the bird will NOT, ill say it again, will NOT hit u for the +10000 morale hit, he CAN however do his random stun+chomp which is what happened in the first part of fight to melee ppl wthout the eye. I know this because, well one im epic, and two because when our curroptions got messed up and was in the slow for too long i about got caught and i just HIPS and while i still had the eye the bird went to the person that had agro. so im sorry again if u all just cant kite great but that ur problem not turbines.
    Then explain why people have reported death from eye + fear on the part of Morksar when not in a puddle?

    edit: You can say 'lawl l2kite' all you want but when there is a mechanic in the game that effectively kills light armour wearers regardless of what players do, it stops being a l2 thing.

    After reading your post (had to do it a few times ugh) I really don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Magian; Mar 21 2010 at 10:16 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    84

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    Then explain why people have reported death from eye + fear on the part of Morksar when not in a puddle?

    edit: You can say 'lawl l2kite' all you want but when there is a mechanic in the game that effectively kills light armour wearers regardless of what players do, it stops being a l2 thing.

    After reading your post (had to do it a few times ugh) I really don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
    then read again, in the first phase of the fight, before they split, the bird WILL stun people, and after that he normally chooses 1 of the stunned people and hits them (we call it a chomp) and most of the time unless its the grd the person dies. the bird still does that in phase 2, when ppl are in melee range, ur a burg, try it next time u get yellow eye hips and watch what happens.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    then read again, in the first phase of the fight, before they split, the bird WILL stun people, and after that he normally chooses 1 of the stunned people and hits them (we call it a chomp) and most of the time unless its the grd the person dies. the bird still does that in phase 2, when ppl are in melee range, ur a burg, try it next time u get yellow eye hips and watch what happens.
    No one - myself included - ever disputed what you just said.

    What we do raise as a problem is this: yellow eye + fear = dead light armour wearer.

    How do you prevent that?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    84

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    No one - myself included - ever disputed what you just said.

    What we do raise as a problem is this: yellow eye + fear = dead light armour wearer.

    How do you prevent that?
    ahh ok, I guess I read wrong, theres really not a great way to prevent that, what we try to do is whoever is kiting the bird when theres no eye is just get the bird as far away as possible, so the person with the eye doesnt have to kite for more than 5-10 secs.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    ahh ok, I guess I read wrong, theres really not a great way to prevent that, what we try to do is whoever is kiting the bird when theres no eye is just get the bird as far away as possible, so the person with the eye doesnt have to kite for more than 5-10 secs.
    That's why we complain about it. That 'solution', while it can work, in the context of this game, is not acceptable.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

  8. #158

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    lul worthy
    You should be a dev. You'd make a fantastic game for yourself and your kinmates. You'd get lots of business and become rich!
    Kraken, Thesungodra

  9. #159

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    but whatever, my group is Professional Awesome
    /shoot me for double posting

    so you're basically saying you're looking at this at a very subjective viewpoint. grats. seems like you've given it a lot of thought.

    it seems like, at this point, you're only a proponent of the raid because you can complete the current Lt. HM. are you really trying to tell anyone the loot is anything better than ****ty? Or that the trash isn't overdone after farming it?

    I've already said I don't raid for loot, so that's out the window. Just because I don't raid for loot doesn't mean I don't acknowledge that it sucks.

    Just because you CAN deal with yellow eye + fear doesn't mean it's (edit: NOT) a re****ed game mechanic. Just because you can get past a bugged warg doesn't mean it should be there. Just because you can raid for fun doesn't mean that there should be no reward.

    See where I'm going?

    I love being part of a small group that can complete all current content, too. Doesn't mean I'm going to stand here and say that anyone who complains should shut up because you can deal with it.

    Moving on. I didn't see Rampage or PM or anyone else except for maybe Roov (though he didn't say it like you) running around telling anyone to L2P after beating Watcher 2.0. Or w/e else the situation was.

    Hell, I see one kin here who has dedicated a thread to themselves for beating Lt. 2.0. Yours. Sounds like you're a bit full of yourselves...

    Insurrection didn't even post a thread for their Lt 1.0 kill, they did it before almost anyone except for maybe 2 kins. And they did Lt 2.0 well before your group.

    Man up, have some class.
    Last edited by IGolbezI; Mar 22 2010 at 12:25 AM.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

  10. #160
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    433

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post
    /shoot me for double posting

    so you're basically saying you're looking at this at a very subjective viewpoint. grats. seems like you've given it a lot of thought.

    it seems like, at this point, you're only a proponent of the raid because you can complete the current Lt. HM. are you really trying to tell anyone the loot is anything better than ****ty? Or that the trash isn't overdone after farming it?

    I've already said I don't raid for loot, so that's out the window. Just because I don't raid for loot doesn't mean I don't acknowledge that it sucks.

    Just because you CAN deal with yellow eye + fear doesn't mean it's a re****ed game mechanic. Just because you can get past a bugged warg doesn't mean it should be there. Just because you can raid for fun doesn't mean that there should be no reward.

    See where I'm going?

    I love being part of a small group that can complete all current content, too. Doesn't mean I'm going to stand here and say that anyone who complains should shut up because you can deal with it.

    Moving on. I didn't see Rampage or PM or anyone else except for maybe Roov (though he didn't say it like you) running around telling anyone to L2P after beating Watcher 2.0. Or w/e else the situation was.

    Hell, I see one kin here who has dedicated a thread to themselves for beating Lt. 2.0. Yours. Sounds like you're a bit full of yourselves...

    Insurrection didn't even post a thread for their Lt 1.0 kill, they did it before almost anyone except for maybe 2 kins. And they did Lt 2.0 well before your group.

    Man up, have some class.
    Epic win post! ^

    edit:
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IGolbezI again.
    Last edited by davymaxwell; Mar 22 2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000069a6c/signature.png]Eletheian[/charsig]
    ~Invicti-R7RK~Grimbergen-R4LM~Fauxmytes-65burg~Thaindir-28champ~

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    84

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by IGolbezI View Post


    Moving on. I didn't see Rampage or PM or anyone else except for maybe Roov (though he didn't say it like you) running around telling anyone to L2P after beating Watcher 2.0. Or w/e else the situation was.
    First of all, Rampage sucked! I knew some of their raid members, and the reason they got all thier server firsts is because they were in beta doing the instances for WEEKS. And im not on E so i cant talk about preying mantis but, im pretty damn sure theyre just the rampage of E. so u know what, yes I AM an elitest, and yes we might be a bit full of ourselves but u know what, thats because we kill the LT HM, and we are the only ones on our server that can kill him. so sry u think im an elitest bas**** but u know what, ur just pixelz to me i dont care about u.



    AND who else read I knew i was going to get flamed for posting this, i knew i would and i dont care, everyone who thinks im being elites good for u, continue to troll the forums and suck at actually playing the game, i really and truly hope u feel special

  12. #162

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    AND who else read I knew i was going to get flamed for posting this, i knew i would and i dont care, everyone who thinks im being elites good for u, continue to troll the forums and suck at actually playing the game, i really and truly hope u feel special
    That's like running into a police station and saying: "I bet you I'm going to get in trouble for this, but I have a bomb inside my jacket and I'm about to pull a gun out and blow everyone away!" Then when they arrest you, you say "Look! I told you so!"

    Good prediction bubba.

    At least Olagaton was funny.

    Reminds of Roov when he posts a reply saying "You're like a little kid. Shouting and whining while your fingers plug your ears."

    Because that most certainly applies to you lol

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    And im not on E so i cant talk about preying mantis but, im pretty damn sure theyre just the rampage of E.
    PS: That makes zero sense. Pretty much like the rest of your post.

    And no, PM just like other good raiding kins are skilled. I think I'd know a bit better than you having been in the kin before.

    You might want to stop posting here in lieu of making your kin out to be a bunch of kids who seem like they'd be better suited for QQing about spawn kills in Halo 3.
    Last edited by IGolbezI; Mar 22 2010 at 12:59 AM.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: BG recommendations

    thanks for laughs. pls transfer over to E we need more people like you to help us with raid content, bring like minded friends as well.
    [center][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/wyldcyde"]WyldCyde[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Chn [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/rafael"]Rafael[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 LM [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/delenn"]Delenn[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Hnt [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/tendai"]Tendai[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 RK [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/weirdo"]Weirdo[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Brg [/color][COLOR="Gray"]secret[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]65 Hnt[/COLOR][/center]
    [center][URL="http://off-peak.guildlaunch.com/"]OFF PEAK Kinship (Elendilmir)[/URL][/center]

  14. #164

    Talking Re: BG recommendations

    mmmm, let's settle down here shall we....while there is some pent up angst involved here for unknown reasons, from what I've seen (and I read this whole thread), I think ppl are generally on the same side. Having known kuroth for a while....well...yeah, i'll just leave it at that :P

    That having been said, I think the general situation is that bg is POSSIBLE with an experienced and well geared group, but that Turbine has made it pretty darn tough to get to that point. The pulls are a chore in their own (in particular those otw to 2nd boss), the loot is uninspiring, and the fights are buggy. I think the concepts for the boss fights are good (which can be debated elsewhere), but the biggest thing I wonder is how Turbine expected some of these fights pulls to go... I have to think that the devs get a chance to test the fights and see what innate flaw will kill the raid, but I think that the yellow eye + fear situation is one of those that they missed when they rushed in 2.0. It's hard enough to get to LT for most groups, but when a boss attempt lasts as long as it takes for the minstrel to run back, there is an inherent problem. I do like that there is a bit of a random factor in the fight now....but I feel that the purple/yellow/fear on their own do enough...........soooo

    It CAN be done, but having been on the winning side, I don't expect this to be done by more than the elite raiding groups on the servers.....which we know Turbine doesn't want, considering how "small-scale" turbine's focus has been in the recent past (solo and small group stuffs based for more casual gamers).....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000e9697/01008/signature.png]Ceowenwyn[/charsig]
    ...and various other smaller toons...
    Power to the people! (esp. the minis, hehe)

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: BG recommendations

    yes i think even amongst those complaining about certain issues i doubt people are wanting LT HM nerfed... well apart from eye situation.

    i think many regular raiders like the idea of one very hard encounter that only 2 or so kins per server can beat.

    personally i dont care if i ever beat LT HM at L65... but... LT normal mode should be farmable and farmable by many groups.
    There are only 3 bosses and finishing set and being at 175 rad is gated by LT.

    LT should be like thorog or balrog or BO/mistress in that the many groups should farm them.

    even before vol3bk1 we saw that LT first kills were dropping off, basically the whos who of raiding on each server got it and thats it... its just out of reach of many competent raiders.

    anyways i expect it will be nerfed once new cluster comes out, this is just a way to increase lifespan of content but imo turbine has miscalculated just how much punishment people can take.
    [center][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/wyldcyde"]WyldCyde[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Chn [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/rafael"]Rafael[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 LM [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/delenn"]Delenn[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Hnt [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/tendai"]Tendai[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 RK [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/weirdo"]Weirdo[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Brg [/color][COLOR="Gray"]secret[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]65 Hnt[/COLOR][/center]
    [center][URL="http://off-peak.guildlaunch.com/"]OFF PEAK Kinship (Elendilmir)[/URL][/center]

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: BG recommendations

    Rampage sucks because we played content on the test server? Interesting.....

    We almost came back just to clear BG once so BW could say we had a kill. Sadly no one wanted to grind LI's again so that didn't happen. But if rampage was still around when SoM went live, we would of had it cleared in the first 2 weeks with out a doubt. But trash talking rampage and saying we sucked because you "know" some its members is just like me saying the group you raid with sucks. Because I "know" a lot of its members.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Alex Hawke [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]- [COLOR=#00ffff]Karolina[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC,Canada
    Posts
    198

    Re: BG recommendations

    Its great to see that some groups have it on farm mode,congrats on all the time and work to get to that point. The whole attitude about being better,well every game has people like that so what can you do.

    The problem is that a raid like this is just going to kill raiding in general. Sure a few kins have no problem with it,but thats nowhere near enough foot traffic to keep the popularity up. I'm not from a hardcore raiding kin,but we do like to raid and had no issues with any content before. It just takes some time to learn the strats and the most efficient way to clear through things. When a raid is this unforgiving in that learning approach,then its just going to push a large portion of the players away.

    I dont want a raid thats a cake walk,but taking it down a couple notches would be nice. When there only seems to be a couple decent pieces of loot to be had,mind numbing boredom getting to the bosses,and frustrating mechanics,you're just left with having fun. Personally I hated DN and being in there week after week,but I'd much rather be in there than go to BG again.

  18. #168

    Re: BG recommendations

    With my kin, we just don't have the time to get through BG. With the time we do have together, we're still behind on DN finishing off getting people at least 5/6 of the gear so they have their armor bonus. With the other two days we have, if we get enough to gather, we tackle the gauntlet and Durchest one day, and maybe practice a HM run before the gauntlet respawns that day. Usually by the time we get through the gauntlet, work on Durchest a few times, for us, that is a full raiding session. If the gauntlet respawns before we get the lock, we usually call it a day. Our final day raiding, if we don't have lock 1, we go through gauntlet, beat Durchest normal, struggle our way to sorcerer twins, and maybe have enough time for 1-2 attempts before people need to get ready for work, bed, or whatever. With the small amount of time that my kin has, I'm glad we beat the sorcerer twins normal mode at least.

    The main problem with my raiding group, is our time we have. Even on our sanctioned raiding days there are times we just don't have enough people, and if we do, we probably have, at best, a 2-3 hour window to get as far as we can. While we struggled through the gauntlet and the trash to get to the first two bosses, it would help if we had more time to learn the HM mechanics. While we never really had this problem with the trash from durchest to morgaraf/cargaraf respawning on us, the gauntlet respawning after you beat it once really puts a damper on groups' morale if we wipe on Durchest. Usually people don't feel like going through the gauntlet again in the same raiding session.

    Guess my recommendation is to eliminate the respawns of the gauntlet and possibly the adds. This would give groups like mine more time to learn the bosses' mechanic and do more HM attempts. With what little time we have together, this would benefit us immensely. I'm fine with the difficulty and lackluster rewards, heck our motivation is getting that doormat for the kinhouse. I didn't like this raid at first because of the loot, but after doing it a few times and not caring about loot, the raid really grows on you. I just wish I had more time to do more HM attempts on the bosses before things respawn.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000b16fc/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    84

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender111 View Post
    Rampage sucks because we played content on the test server? Interesting.....

    We almost came back just to clear BG once so BW could say we had a kill. Sadly no one wanted to grind LI's again so that didn't happen. But if rampage was still around when SoM went live, we would of had it cleared in the first 2 weeks with out a doubt. But trash talking rampage and saying we sucked because you "know" some its members is just like me saying the group you raid with sucks. Because I "know" a lot of its members.
    Alex, how can you even talk...
    first off I said that rampage sucked, because they really were not as good as everyone thought them to be, I said the reason they got all their server firsts is because they played on test servers. Secondly, during the time before rampage quit u werent even a member so u shouldnt even dare talk about anything of that matter.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    239

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    Alex, how can you even talk...
    first off I said that rampage sucked, because they really were not as good as everyone thought them to be, I said the reason they got all their server firsts is because they played on test servers. Secondly, during the time before rampage quit u werent even a member so u shouldnt even dare talk about anything of that matter.
    Rampage had some quality players, theres no point denying that, but i have to agree with kuroth that they were overated because of the server firsts they got, which had alot to do with spending alot of time practising before it went live. but wateva big deal.

    I must say i like the fact that 'rampage' were thinking of coming back so BW could get a LT kill. What ever would we of done without rampage. Oh thats right, we still beat LT HM before alot of people, even tho a majority of our raid group was away for a month we wernt that far behind PM and some of the other well known raiding kins. Then after the fight gets completely changed we beat EM the first week and HM the week after. But rampage, please come and help us noone on brandywine knows how to play but u guys.
    Last edited by Tartare; Mar 22 2010 at 06:51 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000021a57f/signature.png]Vronwolf[/charsig]

  21. #171
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by wyldcyde View Post
    even before vol3bk1 we saw that LT first kills were dropping off, basically the whos who of raiding on each server got it and thats it... its just out of reach of many competent raiders.

    Or maybe some kins just need more time.

    Aside from "bad luck", the LT fight is a lot about not having to think things through when they happen to you. Basically, most people have to experience all the things that can happen to any random person in there at least once (probably more). They need to act on reflex, not react after a thought process (cause then it's probably too late).

    Never gotten the yellow eye and had to kite the FB? Well, you aren't going to execute it perfectly the first time. Maybe you'll "panic", maybe you'll pull a classic noob maneuver and run right into him, maybe you'll kite him too close to the group...etc. This can apply to the purple eye....anything really. Most people need to experience it a time or two before they can react properly.

    Another factor is learning how to effectively deal with all the variables. For example: How are we going to deal with corruptions - who removes which, is someone calling them out, who is who's backup if a normal remover is currently "indisposed" or misses, etc? These things take some people longer to figure out than others. The important thing is that a same group of people see some progress in a reasonable amount of time. This raid does force a kin like ours to play more hardball than we're used to...we usually don't get too uptight about things. LT fight has changed that.

    I mean, props to PM for putting their strat out there, as it definitely helps, but it's not the whole matter by any means. In fact, not by a landslide. It's like reading about something vs. actually living it. Big difference. When you're in the thick of things, you have to rely on what you know from experience, not what you read about.

    Some kins, like ours, don't have set raid groups. Every time we bring a new person in, it's definitely taking a step or two back. At some point, our raiding core will all have seen the fight for more than one set of raid locks, which is about where we're at now, and we're seeing progress. We got the FB below 20K last night before wiping. We're getting closer, but the fight is still getting away from us. I have no doubt that it will not get away from us for much longer....and I encourage other kins to stick in there. Don't look for the kill, look for progress first. Build off it. In a fight like the LT, progress is a victory in itself for some. We don't all belong in Rampage (thank God).
    Last edited by Southpa; Mar 22 2010 at 08:51 AM.
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=White]The [/COLOR][/SIZE][URL="http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com"][SIZE=3][B]NOLDOR[/B][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=1][COLOR=White] of Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by tonightinflames View Post
    Alex, how can you even talk...
    first off I said that rampage sucked, because they really were not as good as everyone thought them to be, I said the reason they got all their server firsts is because they played on test servers. Secondly, during the time before rampage quit u werent even a member so u shouldnt even dare talk about anything of that matter.
    Being good in lotro is a point of view. Everyone on these forums know how easy lotro raid content is. There-for being "good" doesnt take much. I was grouping with rampage for 2 months before the break up. 2 weeks unkinned, 2 weeks recruit and a month member. Feel free to ask an officer on our forums.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Alex Hawke [/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]- [COLOR=#00ffff]Karolina[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  23. #173

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by skeletor7319 View Post
    some pent up angst involved here for unknown reasons
    nah not anger. Just a bit humorous that they beat one encounter and think they're gods among kinships when others have taken it down before them and not posted a peep. On top of it, try to justify it not being changed, or seemingly so.

    Sorry I shouldn't use 'they're'. As with any great kin, there are usually a couple assclowns in the bunch.

    I love the feeling of being 1337 too but I realize there are more kinships/raiders than just mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by wyldcyde View Post
    yes i think even amongst those complaining about certain issues i doubt people are wanting LT HM nerfed... well apart from eye situation.
    Of course. I don't want it nerfed, I just want it fixed. As with with any other content. I think most would agree with that.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    691

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by davymaxwell View Post
    I think what has gotten many people, myself included, so upset is the fact that they had either just gotten HM on farm status or had just gotten their first HM kill. They had worked hard to do this, and then Turbine just blindsides us by making it MARKEDLY more difficult! It would be one thing if it were this way all along. Maybe people after a bit of trying would have just been satisfied w/ doing normal modes for a while, but I know w/ my kin people had ZERO interest in doing normal mode. If we weren't attempting HM then they wouldn't even bother coming.

    Anyways, I'm still not happy w/ Turbine and all they've done and not done in this raid, but at least we know that we can adapt and with some hard work can push through.
    From my perspective - the reason some people are unhappy (especially a lot of people in my kin including myself who canceled my 3 year sub because of this) isn't because it's been made more difficult. It's because it's been made more difficult and the rewards are still just as awful.

    People will throw themselves willingly at the most difficult content any developer can make if the rewards at the top are worth the effort. In this case they were never worth the effort to begin with and forcing people to learn new strategies for content that has already been on farm was just too much for a lot of people.

    I know it's a dead horse, but this is a pretty significant horse - especially when Turbine is heck bent on making people rerun content until their eyes bleed for the tiniest sliver of character progression.

    /signed and thanks for posting this recap Wyld
    Last edited by jhwort; Mar 22 2010 at 03:14 PM.
    [center][color=#CC0000][B]Vernora ~ 65 Guardian ~ Endeavor[/B][/color]

    [color=#999999][I]"The Guardian is a great class for elves because they can use the shield as a mirror when putting on lipstick."[/I][/center][/color]

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: BG recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    Or maybe some kins just need more time.
    maybe. but the raid has been out for 4months.

    it gets to a point people either give up or they realize they only have a realistic chance of clearing the raid once level cap is increased or encounters are reduced in difficulty.

    thats what happened with watcher2.0 although even fewer people have had success with LT and from my experience the level of skill and reactions required for the latter is significantly higher.

    and then of course there is the question of who really is going to put in the time, the less geared and skilled players will often take twice as many wipes if not more to marginally achieve the same thing.

    i thought the point was for hardmodes to give the hardcore players something more to sink their teeth into... not where the whole raid is back breaking for majority of raiders.

    anyways i just think FUN has been sacrificed on the altar of extending life of content, having 'balanced' raid loot and providing something brutally challenging. that will translate to fun for the elite but not the rest.
    Last edited by wyldcyde; Mar 22 2010 at 03:56 PM.
    [center][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/wyldcyde"]WyldCyde[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Chn [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/rafael"]Rafael[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 LM [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/delenn"]Delenn[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Hnt [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/tendai"]Tendai[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 RK [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/weirdo"]Weirdo[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Brg [/color][COLOR="Gray"]secret[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]65 Hnt[/COLOR][/center]
    [center][URL="http://off-peak.guildlaunch.com/"]OFF PEAK Kinship (Elendilmir)[/URL][/center]

 

 
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload