We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 156
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    no man's land
    Posts
    246

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Handiir View Post
    If you have so many puddles that you no one can move at all then that is a good indication that your taking to long which implies your dps sucks
    Dude, last Thursday we had so many puddles that Morgaraf ended up in the middle. I usually don't move a lot during the raid, just sit in my left corner there, but I also ended up in the middle. But our dps was just fine.
    .
    ネル Neliel Hunter Nellwyn Burglar Nellwing Rune-Keeper
    Animus - Elendilmir

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,862

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Insan0 View Post
    Dude, last Thursday we had so many puddles that Morgaraf ended up in the middle. I usually don't move a lot during the raid, just sit in my left corner there, but I also ended up in the middle. But our dps was just fine.
    You seem to be level headed too!
    .

    You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southpa View Post
    Anyway, I wasn't complaining or asking you to tell me something I already knew (BTW, hunter and RK on each boss - we don't stack for pretty screenshots or our "best" shot at winning, heh).
    if you're referring to my screenshot... that was from first attempt of the night iirc. 2 hnt 1 rk as ranged dps. 2nd rk was healing with mins.
    Definitely good burst removal coverage but wouldnt consider it ranged stack.

    In fact, it was one of the more exciting Twins HM kills we've had.
    yes its fun when you can win in the midst of deaths and puddle chaos.

    even without any deaths and puddles managed well there is enjoyable level of intensity.
    [center][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/wyldcyde"]WyldCyde[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Chn [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/rafael"]Rafael[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 LM [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/delenn"]Delenn[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Hnt [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/tendai"]Tendai[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 RK [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/weirdo"]Weirdo[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Brg [/color][COLOR="Gray"]secret[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]65 Hnt[/COLOR][/center]
    [center][URL="http://off-peak.guildlaunch.com/"]OFF PEAK Kinship (Elendilmir)[/URL][/center]

  4. #129
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    250

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    Another shining example of Animus! Awesome. I feel bad for Ricky =/

    I miss Ric, one of my favorite Kinnies.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000018bb48/01008/signature.png]Certhonion[/charsig]
    [URL]http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/haradel[/URL]

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Roov be trolling (again).

    I thought the puddles were interesting. I wasn't on the Thursday run so I can't comment. But I was on the Friday run. There was puddles - more than usual - but I didn't feel swamped by them. That is to say I think we could've gone another couple minutes and be fine (though it would be close).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

  6. #131

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Insan0 View Post
    Dude, last Thursday we had so many puddles that Morgaraf ended up in the middle. I usually don't move a lot during the raid, just sit in my left corner there, but I also ended up in the middle. But our dps was just fine.
    Since you were leading i assume you would have known this. But the reason Morg had to be moved was because too many puddles got placed on his side of the room too close to the beginning, along with the fact that there were a few places in very bad spots on his side of the room.

    Now going off of that if you look at the pictures you posted in our forums of how the puddles were places that night its pretty obvious to see that there was still plenty of room to move around. Which means, yes, our dps was fine. there you are right. However if you look at your pictures the only reason you would have had to move is because of poor puddle placement, not because there were too many. Check you facts

    All of this being said i still stick to what i originally posted. if you are getting so many puddles that you can no longer move anywhere whatsoever then you have either one of two problems, 1. you dont have enough dps, 2. your puddles arnt being placed well.

    lastly, Roov, its lovely how even though you dont have a reason to disagree with me you still find room to attack me and Animus. Keep on Trollin
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000009281a/01008/signature.png]Handiir[/charsig]

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,862

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Lol. "Your kinship is not my kinship and you get more puddles therefore I will say you suck at dps. Then when someone points out that I'm being intentionally hateful towards other kins and not taking them into consideration when I make my judgements, I will tell them they're trolling." You guys are sad. I feel bad for the nice, levelheaded people of your kin.

    I disagree with you all recently because you're intentionally not understanding the woes of other raiders. You guys are at the top of the game, the cream of the crop. Try to understand how people who are not as uber as you feel during raids. It'll help to understand raiding.
    .

    You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Christchurch New Zealand
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    well i have my own opinion on things, it doesnt necessarily line up with any single kin or person.

    i guess i can see where most people are coming from... and forums can be a bit like mob mentality in action. Complaints build momentum to the point the real issues that devs should actually action are lost.

    i really don't take what people say here too seriously, alot of it is venting frustration... either frustration at content and situation ingame or frustration at what other people are claiming/saying.

    I would just like to see some positive changes by devs with BG that touch on highlighted issues.

    at the same time people throwing in the towel and claiming all has been in vain need to chill... if not their loss.
    And yes i have friends who have put in epic effort to once again beat durchest hardmode but i just don't hear them whining.
    The situation isn't nearly as bad as watcher2.0

    Those of us who've been playing for awhile really shouldnt be so shocked when bosses are buffed in patches, so i won't get on the bandwagon that this is something foreign to lotro.

    If your group cannot beat durchest and twins normal mode with 110+ radiance and basic class balance then yeah the sky is falling but I don't see that.

    It's good to see several groups that aren't just complaining but also going back to drawing board and putting in huge effort to adapt.
    Respect... i know how tough that can be.
    [center][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/wyldcyde"]WyldCyde[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Chn [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/rafael"]Rafael[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 LM [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/delenn"]Delenn[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Hnt [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/tendai"]Tendai[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 RK [/COLOR][B][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/weirdo"]Weirdo[/URL][/B] [COLOR=cyan]65 Brg [/color][COLOR="Gray"]secret[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]65 Hnt[/COLOR][/center]
    [center][URL="http://off-peak.guildlaunch.com/"]OFF PEAK Kinship (Elendilmir)[/URL][/center]

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    no man's land
    Posts
    246

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Handiir View Post
    ...
    edit: nvm, i sent you a pm on our forums
    Last edited by Insan0; Mar 16 2010 at 10:40 PM.
    .
    ネル Neliel Hunter Nellwyn Burglar Nellwing Rune-Keeper
    Animus - Elendilmir

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    248

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by wyldcyde View Post
    Those of us who've been playing for awhile really shouldnt be so shocked when bosses are buffed in patches, so i won't get on the bandwagon that this is something foreign to lotro.
    I'm not shocked that Turbine did this....but I'm still shocked Take what is probably universally agreed upon as the most annoying raid with the most pathetic loot in LOTRO, and buff the first boss so that its harder, and people need to go back to the drawing board. Like players needed more of a reason to give up on this raid....

    We've downed Durchest HM after the patch, but it does take a bit of extra care....however, with the enthusiasm for this raid already at a low....it has some of us asking why we even bother. Bashing our heads against a wall trying to over come bugs, tedious trash pulls, and gimicky boss encounters for little to no reward.

    We continue to run this raid so that we as a kin can become more experienced, better players, and hopefully this will put us in good position when the next raid cluster comes out. But please Turbine....learn a lesson here and use common sense when designing the next raid....

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,901

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Insan0 View Post
    edit: nvm, i sent you a pm on our forums
    You know there are other top-tier raiding kins out there, right?

    RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NN.

  12. #137

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by jayssen View Post
    however, with the enthusiasm for this raid already at a low....it has some of us asking why we even bother. Bashing our heads against a wall trying to over come bugs, tedious trash pulls, and gimicky boss encounters for little to no reward.
    mhm. sad that the rift and helegrod are both housed in the same game as this.
    Kraken, Thesungodra

  13. #138
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    433

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwswim03 View Post
    Lol. "Your kinship is not my kinship and you get more puddles therefore I will say you suck at dps. Then when someone points out that I'm being intentionally hateful towards other kins and not taking them into consideration when I make my judgements, I will tell them they're trolling." You guys are sad. I feel bad for the nice, levelheaded people of your kin.

    I disagree with you all recently because you're intentionally not understanding the woes of other raiders. You guys are at the top of the game, the cream of the crop. Try to understand how people who are not as uber as you feel during raids. It'll help to understand raiding.
    great post! that post about "your dps sucks" really pissed me off even though it wasn't directed at me or anyone I know. such attitudes are simply immature and ignorant.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000069a6c/signature.png]Eletheian[/charsig]
    ~Invicti-R7RK~Grimbergen-R4LM~Fauxmytes-65burg~Thaindir-28champ~

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    no man's land
    Posts
    246

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by bprorsum View Post
    You know there are other top-tier raiding kins out there, right?

    RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NN.
    lol
    It was personal and a misunderstanding, something to be discussed in private, not in Lotro's public forums. All is well again
    In fact, to troll the trolls, a lot of what's posted here also fits in part of that description and could be taken to private messages, but where would we have our reading fun eh?
    Last edited by Insan0; Mar 17 2010 at 07:19 AM.
    .
    ネル Neliel Hunter Nellwyn Burglar Nellwing Rune-Keeper
    Animus - Elendilmir

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    Are we playing the same game?

    Boss 1 has always been melee friendly. That hasn't changed. But how can you say boss 2 (HM) is more melee friendly? If anything it is less. There are considerably more puddles (which means more blue eyes). Melees when they get a blue eye = stops DPS. Ranged when they get a blue eye = continues DPS. Why stock up on melees who will constantly stop their DPS when ranged can keep going?

    Also subbing out RK's from a mere strategic standpoint is not desirable at all. Especially DPS RK's. Our -penetrate resistance legacy is nothing to scoff at. Even without it - or poorly ranked - you will not see many resists. Admittedly I usually heal on my RK, and while i have noticed resists, it is solely in the corruption removal realm. I haven't heard -any- of our DPS RK's complain of DPS-based resists to constitute any noteworthy "nerf".
    As I said in my post "its in my opinion" You dont have to like it or agree with it, but it wont change it. Your experiences are different to mine, as mine are to yours. Your kin may use different strats and groups make ups to ours, there for giving you many hundreds of different variables which I will not attempt to explain here. It is from my experience before the update and now post update.

    Boss 2 is easy enough with a melee focused group, perhaps if your looking for the most efficent way to down boss 2 then yes go with more ranged. However I play this game and raid with the group I have that night. If it means I have more melee in the raid then so be it. I really dislike stactic same old boring strats. I love working with new group makeups and figuring out new methods on how to down a particular boss. If some one says its to hard to do it with certain classes, I will go and try until I get it done. Just the way I am. Love the challenge and its why I play.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike8472 View Post
    As I said in my post "its in my opinion" You dont have to like it or agree with it, but it wont change it. Your experiences are different to mine, as mine are to yours. Your kin may use different strats and groups make ups to ours, there for giving you many hundreds of different variables which I will not attempt to explain here. It is from my experience before the update and now post update.

    Boss 2 is easy enough with a melee focused group, perhaps if your looking for the most efficent way to down boss 2 then yes go with more ranged. However I play this game and raid with the group I have that night. If it means I have more melee in the raid then so be it. I really dislike stactic same old boring strats. I love working with new group makeups and figuring out new methods on how to down a particular boss. If some one says its to hard to do it with certain classes, I will go and try until I get it done. Just the way I am. Love the challenge and its why I play.
    You down boss 2 in HM with a melee focused group?

    edit: I am being 100% serious when I ask that. I'm very curious how this can work effectively.
    Last edited by Magian; Mar 17 2010 at 11:40 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    110

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    You down boss 2 in HM with a melee focused group?

    edit: I am being 100% serious when I ask that. I'm very curious how this can work effectively.
    We've done HM with only one hunter and one RK in the raid. So yes, its doable.
    Messara - 65 burg
    Helmak - 65 capt

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    876

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    You down boss 2 in HM with a melee focused group?

    edit: I am being 100% serious when I ask that. I'm very curious how this can work effectively.

    We've done it with 4 champs, a burg, and 2 captains only 2 ranged DPS (Hunter & RK). Class makeup doesn't need to be range-heavy as long as you've got a couple thrown in to get some DPS on the shadow chick.
    .
    AestisMithrilbornAestos
    FireFighters

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    no man's land
    Posts
    246

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    The 2 burgs is nice for the RW..
    what about the champs? make them go in (while they wait for the debuff to go away), do a couple hits before "Away with You!" and then back to the fire one? We haven't tried it, but that sounds reasonable. We usually have the 3 rdpsers or 2 rdpsers and 2 burgs, usually only 1 champ.
    .
    ネル Neliel Hunter Nellwyn Burglar Nellwing Rune-Keeper
    Animus - Elendilmir

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    How many of those kills were done post-patch?

    I agree pre-patch it was more than doable. We brought in more melee and de-emphasized range then. But with the significant increase in puddles, the idea worries me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,862

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aestis25 View Post
    We've done it with 4 champs, a burg, and 2 captains only 2 ranged DPS (Hunter & RK). Class makeup doesn't need to be range-heavy as long as you've got a couple thrown in to get some DPS on the shadow chick.
    Heh, I melee dps the shadow chick.... Others haven't figured out how?
    .

    You currently have 1337 reputation point(s).

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    641

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Draugnim View Post
    So glad my wife doesn't play MMO's...always leads to drama...
    Sometimes wish my wife did so I COULD raid...
    Krysfaerun (105 Minstrel), Wyrana (105 Guardian), Krysfrune (105 Rune-Keeper), Krysbruin (105 Beorning), Voxmoney (40 Warden), Merrykrysmas (40 Burglar) - Vox Immortalis
    Manlyman (41 Captain) - Tappa Kegga Dae

    Formerly of Elendilmir, Now of Arkenstone

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    59

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    You down boss 2 in HM with a melee focused group?

    edit: I am being 100% serious when I ask that. I'm very curious how this can work effectively.
    Monday night we did 2nd boss HM with 2 guards, 2 champs, 2 minis, 2 captains, LM, hunter, burg, RK.

    Lots of melee. Champs alternate going in and out of the melee guy to get rid of the debuff. We had lots of pools, but we were successful. And we have always used 2 tanks and 2 champs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000025d8/01003/signature.png]Heswerd[/charsig]

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    How many of those kills were done post-patch?

    I agree pre-patch it was more than doable. We brought in more melee and de-emphasized range then. But with the significant increase in puddles, the idea worries me.
    We've downed the 2nd boss hard mode with some post patch, and haven't noticed any increase in puddles.

    There are windows of opportunity when a melee'er can run in on the Shadow boss and she won't do the "Away with you!" move. It's short, and your timing has to be good, but it's there.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario, CANADA
    Posts
    1,689

    Re: Was all our hard work for nothing in learning BG before the last Update?

    Good to know more groups with been successful with melee focused. We tried it once post-patch and damage from Morgaraf seemed really wonky. We're doing more melee on Thursday so we'll see if it's the same or different.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001078d2/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader, [URL="http://www.animuskin.com"]Animus[/URL]
    We are accepting applications.

 

 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload