We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 93 of 116 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2894
  1. #2301
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Just gotta try the Grateful Dead reference and thus the oathbreakers freed by Aragorn.
    Right road, wrong lane.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  2. #2302
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,128
    No new bites yet. Guess it's time for a hint.

    Egorvlad's guess wasn't totally out of the ballpark, but the answer will be more direct than that guess.

    The one word clue again:

    Garcia
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  3. #2303
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    No new bites yet. Guess it's time for a hint.

    Egorvlad's guess wasn't totally out of the ballpark, but the answer will be more direct than that guess.

    The one word clue again:

    Garcia
    Hmm, that's a tough one. More direct...
    If it's Jerry-connected, I can't think of anything reminding me of an iconic guitarist.
    If it's Grateful deadish, the only other plausible thing coming to mind is Beren & Luthien's sojourn in Mandos.

    Any other ideas, people? I'm at a loss.

  4. #2304
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,128
    Time for another hint I guess.
    Must one or two more dead heads out there.
    The answer is related to a quantity.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  5. #2305
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Time for another hint I guess.
    Must one or two more dead heads out there.
    The answer is related to a quantity.
    Oh darn, can it be that simple? Thorin's company?

  6. #2306
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Oh darn, can it be that simple? Thorin's company?
    No, not any kind of 420 question.

    It is simple though.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  7. #2307
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    No, not any kind of 420 question.

    It is simple though.
    Damn, you are right, I just missed the chance to think up a 420 answer!
    Actually I was thinking about 13 members of the party with Thorin as lead.
    Hmm, what else.....

  8. #2308
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,128
    Garcia

    I guess another hint is in order.
    I've already involved quantity.
    Now you'll get digital.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  9. #2309
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Garcia

    I guess another hint is in order.
    I've already involved quantity.
    Now you'll get digital.
    OK, final hint, after this I will spill the beans.

    When the ring bearers came to Gondo a song captured the crux of what this riddle is about.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  10. #2310
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Garcia

    I guess another hint is in order.
    I've already involved quantity.
    Now you'll get digital.
    Oh, I'm really thick to have missed this guess before. Frodo of the Nine Fingers?

  11. #2311
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Oh, I'm really thick to have missed this guess before. Frodo of the Nine Fingers?
    That's it.
    Frodo and Jerry both have 9 fingers.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  12. #2312
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    That's it.
    Frodo and Jerry both have 9 fingers.
    Took me long enough, this little fact completely slipped my mind.

    Let's try this then:

    Sparta

  13. #2313
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Took me long enough, this little fact completely slipped my mind.

    Let's try this then:

    Sparta
    Sparta was a military-focused city.
    Minas Tirith was similarly focused.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  14. #2314
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Sparta was a military-focused city.
    Minas Tirith was similarly focused.
    Not that straightforward, a little more twirl here.

  15. #2315
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Took me long enough, this little fact completely slipped my mind.

    Let's try this then:

    Sparta
    The Warden class? LOL
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

  16. #2316
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    The Warden class? LOL
    Huh, hilariously fitting! Never thought of that.

    Keep thinking what makes Sparta unique.

    Sparta

  17. #2317
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    Huh, hilariously fitting! Never thought of that.

    Keep thinking what makes Sparta unique.

    Sparta
    The gates of Argonath?

    From that Sparta had two kings simultaineously

  18. #2318
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    The gates of Argonath?

    From that Sparta had two kings simultaineously
    You nailed the unique idea. But not Argonath. And thus the mirror image of Sparta in lore is?....

  19. #2319
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    You nailed the unique idea. But not Argonath. And thus the mirror image of Sparta in lore is?....
    Isildur and Anarion?

  20. #2320
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    Isildur and Anarion?
    And thus the city is...?

  21. #2321
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    And thus the city is...?
    Go on Eddie, go on....

  22. #2322
    Quote Originally Posted by Egorvlad View Post
    And thus the city is...?
    Osgiliath, I guess.
    Was thinking about the monuments by Anduin at the borders of the Gondorian realm of old.

  23. #2323
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    Osgiliath, I guess.
    Was thinking about the monuments by Anduin at the borders of the Gondorian realm of old.
    Cheers! Osgiliath with those two brothers and their two thrones it is.
    Your turn.

  24. #2324
    "stew" (there are multiple steps here)

  25. #2325
    Okay. no takers. I´ll post hints:

    Stew
    Think of an actual stew. Then the opposite to what was in that stew.

 

 
Page 93 of 116 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload