We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2929
    Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    Well I admit to having to look up this word in the dictionary, I thought you'd made it up
    I'll take a wild guess at Mallorn trees.
    Nope, though I can see why you'd guess that. Call this the first hint. I meant it as an adjective, not a noun.
    And I certainly wouldn't make up words and expect y'all to accept them as riddles (and he chuckled quietly to himself).
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Maybe Glingal or Belthil? or perhaps Laurelin or Telperion themselves? Glingal seems the most obvious, because it was forged out of gold by Turgon.

Also, though this is far more far-fetched... Eärendil's shield?
    Reallyfat Trollion, Antiuca Torkoyondo. Level 84 Guard.
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    Perhaps not Wilros. Um, nope. Definitely not.
    It could be Aideani, but it is not though Smaug's hoard would most certainly have been clinquant.
    The Sixth gate of Gondolin? I'll admit that I searched gold on some LOTR wikis.... Or could it be Ormal and Illuin? Or is Gondolin's House of the Harp?

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyFat View Post
    Maybe Glingal or Belthil? or perhaps Laurelin or Telperion themselves? Glingal seems the most obvious, because it was forged out of gold by Turgon.

Also, though this is far more far-fetched... Eärendil's shield?
    No, no, no, no and no.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by Aideani View Post
    The Sixth gate of Gondolin? I'll admit that I searched gold on some LOTR wikis.... Or could it be Ormal and Illuin? Or is Gondolin's House of the Harp?
    Nope, nope and again nope. There are no rules as to how many guesses you can make "to my knowledge" but 5 and 3 guesses in one post? Refer you to my clue. If you're searching you're searching the noun. and when I look at the definition for the noun it is imitation gold leaf, not gold.

XD Holy Gawd, are we to go through the entire database of the Professor's works to find a single shiny object?

Ok, I'll make two guesses. The brooch that Tom Bombadil recovered from the Barrow-downs for Goldberry? The One Ring?
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

XD Holy Gawd, are we to go through the entire database of the Professor's works to find a single shiny object?

Ok, I'll make two guesses. The brooch that Tom Bombadil recovered from the Barrow-downs for Goldberry? The One Ring?
    If need be, nope and nope.
    2nd clue; It is not an object.

Maybe Thorin 'the great dwarf gleamed like gold in a fire' or something along those lines, can't remember exactly.
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

OK not an object, maybe a place then: the Glittering caves of Aglarond?

How about Mirrormere, where Durin’s crown could be seen: “There like jewels sunk in the deep shone glinting stars, though sunlight was in the sky above.” Clinquant seems to imply a glittering thing that is not actually gold, so in this case we have glittering jewels/stars that aren't actually real, just a reflection.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    How about Mirrormere, where Durin’s crown could be seen: “There like jewels sunk in the deep shone glinting stars, though sunlight was in the sky above.” Clinquant seems to imply a glittering thing that is not actually gold, so in this case we have glittering jewels/stars that aren't actually real, just a reflection.
    You're very warm w/ the whole "glittering" thing, and w/ a geographical location, but nnnnnnnnnnope.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    All that is gold does not glitter...

The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

Seems like the Glittering Caves of Aglarond, really, but I can't think of a more shiny location than that unless it be in Aman "...beyond the western world on sand, on sand of pearls in Elvenland". In that case, a beach of Aman?
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

Seems like the Glittering Caves of Aglarond, really, but I can't think of a more shiny location than that unless it be in Aman "...beyond the western world on sand, on sand of pearls in Elvenland". In that case, a beach of Aman?
    It is indeed the glittering caves.

No delete post feature. that would be nice for when double post occurs.
    Last edited by Duathrandir; Aug 29 2013 at 10:44 PM. Reason: double post and no delete feature

OK not an object, maybe a place then: the Glittering caves of Aglarond?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    It is indeed the glittering caves.
    Then I think Stride had the answer first!
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

In that case I will assume the riddle stick: boil

I know this is ridiculous beyond the point of ridiculous, but... the copper full of boiling water in Crickhollow?
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

I know this is ridiculous beyond the point of ridiculous, but... the copper full of boiling water in Crickhollow?
    Good guess, I tried to second-guess what some of the answers might be but hadn't thought of that one, so nope (there was no -ing on the end )

Good guess, I tried to second-guess what some of the answers might be but hadn't thought of that one, so nope (there was no -ing on the end )
    Could it be the one ring falling into mount doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Aideani View Post
    Could it be the one ring falling into mount doom?
    Nope. ReallyFat's guess was closer to the answer, geographically anyway

Nope. ReallyFat's guess was closer to the answer, geographically anyway
    Maybe it's a Shire thing to boil your toes.

EDIT: Just remembered some shiz: when they leave Hobbiton and are en route to Crickhollow, Pippin wakes up and asks whether Sam has got the water hot yet (I believe it was for a bath). Am I getting warm? :P
    Last edited by ReallyFat; Aug 30 2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: We thinksss we hasss it preciouss, yess we do.
    Anglorion, Hunter.
    Freowen, Captain.

Maybe it's a Shire thing to boil your toes.

EDIT: Just remembered some shiz: when they leave Hobbiton and are en route to Crickhollow, Pippin wakes up and asks whether Sam has got the water hot yet (I believe it was for a bath). Am I getting warm? :P
    I'm afraid not.

Clue: the answer is not an object.

I'm afraid not.

Clue: the answer is not an object.
    I have an idea! Is it the water that the hobbits drank in Fangorn when they grew? That water was hot if I remember correctly.

I totally missed Stride's post. Sorry Stride' and thx ReallyFat, for your sense of fairplay.
    Last edited by Duathrandir; Aug 30 2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: this thing have auto correct? thot I said thx then it peosted the

Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast