We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2906
    I'm not sure if the timing is correct (haven't read Silmarillion in a long time!), but could it be Aule creating Kuzdul for the dwarves?
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    I'm not sure if the timing is correct (haven't read Silmarillion in a long time!), but could it be Aule creating Kuzdul for the dwarves?
    Aulë was also a linguist, but not the one I am looking for.

Clue: the one I'm seeking is an elf.

Wasn't there an elf in Valinor who before Daeron and, I'm not sure, but maybe before Fëanor dabbled with written form of some early language? I can't remember the elf's name even if I am on the right track. :/
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Smile

Rúmil

Thanks for making me re-read parts of the Silmarillion to look it up
    Kibilturg; Watchers of Elendil (Landroval) & Tarciryan Knights (Crickhollow)
    RIP Imladris

Quote Originally Posted by Urwendil View Post

Rúmil

Thanks for making me re-read parts of the Silmarillion to look it up
    Nice to hear that you thought it was a good thing. I "found" Rúmil recently when I was rereading Silmarillion for the n:th time and realized I didn't know squat about this one elf. It turns out there is some info about him in "The History of Middle-earth" too.

Dweorg: Rúmil more than dabbled in some language - he was the first one to create a written language for the elves. A language that Fëanor later expanded and refined.

You're up Urwendil!

Smile

An easy riddle involving cross-nerdity:

Salacia
    RIP Imladris

An easy riddle involving cross-nerdity:

Salacia
    if i remember well Salacia was Poseidon wife... so easy to go to Uinen, wife of Osse.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000002930e0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Daxid View Post
    if i remember well Salacia was Poseidon wife... so easy to go to Uinen, wife of Osse.
    Neptunus rather than Poseidon with whom he was equated to be precise (and nitpicking ) but you are correct indeed
    RIP Imladris

ok, let's try with Antisocial. hope the word is right ;P

(pss shouldnt we make a charts of who guessed more riddles?XD)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000002930e0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

ok, let's try with Antisocial. hope the word is right ;P

(pss shouldnt we make a charts of who guessed more riddles?XD)
    I think the leading riddle-guesser is Boraxxe.

My guess for the riddle, nonetheless, is Beorn. He's one of the most antisocial characters in Tolkien's works.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    I think the leading riddle-guesser is Boraxxe.

My guess for the riddle, nonetheless, is Beorn. He's one of the most antisocial characters in Tolkien's works.
    Nope, not Beorn, even if the riddle fit for him too.

Question

Ulmo maybe?
    RIP Imladris

Ulmo maybe?
    Nope. Im thinking about a more gloomy character ;P

Nope. Im thinking about a more gloomy character ;P
    Would gloomy be referring to Dark as in the Dark Elf Eöl?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadmur View Post
    Would gloomy be referring to Dark as in the Dark Elf Eöl?
    Exactly =) Pretty antisocial and gloomy, the Dark Elf that everyone hates! Still his swords are really good to cut contacts with other elves ;P

You're up ^^

Ok. This is quite farfetched - hope I'm wrong and someone comes up with the right answer really fast.

Florence

I had some clever idea a while ago but it seems I've forgotten it. My guess will be Minas Tirith because in my opinion it's closest to Florence in ME.

Nope, sorry that is not the answer I was looking for.

I guess this one is so illogical I'll have to give a clue right away:

The answer I'm looking for is the name of a character from one of the many books (might be in more than one too).

Could it possibly be Luthien, by any chance....
    Well, I suppose you could always say "flame resistant sunglasses" if you prefer that to "shoes"

Quote Originally Posted by Itharas View Post
    Could it possibly be Luthien, by any chance....
    Yes. Lúthien is the correct answer. I would also have accepted Melian.

Florence was a reference to Florence Nightingale. Tinúviel = nightingale - that is Lúthien. Melian is also said to have been in the company of Nightingales wherever she went.

You're up Itharas.

As the last correct answer had been given more than 14 days ago, I will present you an easy one!

teeth

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgebob View Post
    As the last correct answer had been given more than 14 days ago, I will present you an easy one!

teeth
    30 white horses on a red hill...
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Thumbs up

............................FA IL?........................... ...
    Buff puff packs, Elf-kin bubble gum balls and Unlockable stackable stat packs,Troll Kibble IN THE STORE NOW only 3000tp!

fail :-)

The answer should not be another riddle but rather something concrete :-), oh yes, concrete, that should help ^^

Narchost and Carchost

I hope I got the names right, if not the answer, without checking the book
    RIP Imladris

Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 89 ... LastLast