We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2929

Re: One-word Tolkien Trivia

Might be completely off the mark here, but is it Eowyn?

Quote Originally Posted by Gauddan View Post
    Might be completely off the mark here, but is it Eowyn?
    No... That is indeed off the mark.
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

I keep thinking of the multi-headed guardian statues at Cirith Ungol, although I suppose the appropriate clue there would have been "faces."
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

How about the faces in the Dead Marshes, with the singular "face" for the riddle being the one that bewitched Frodo?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vilnas
    I keep thinking of the multi-headed guardian statues at Cirith Ungol, although I suppose the appropriate clue there would have been "faces."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilnas
    How about the faces in the Dead Marshes, with the singular "face" for the riddle being the one that bewitched Frodo?
    Nope, those are not the correct face(s) either.

I would like to point out that the capital 'F' in the 'Face' has significance. This I think (which I just realized for myself) is ample reason to decline the other answers... To my knowledge, there are many faces - but only two Faces (either one of which are acceptable answers)
    Last edited by sir-rinthian; Aug 18 2011 at 08:40 PM.
    [center]"The rejection of grammatical correction is proof of the level of intelligence hinted at by your writing."

[color=orange]Now please keep this discussion on topic or you may be reported for causing time mismanagement[/color]

[color=gray]Llydia[color=blue] - 65 Rune-keeper |[/color]Dawnn [color=blue] - 65 Champion |[/color] Anthari[color=blue] - 65 Lore-master |[/color] Thisnameisavailable Ornot[color=blue] - 65 Guardian
    [/color] Firstaidkit[color=blue] - 65 Minstrel |[/color] Malaysia [color=blue] - 65 Waden |[/color] Kornur[color=blue] - 52 Hunter |[/color] Caly[color=blue] - 40 Burglar |[/color] Dharkan Rahl[color=blue] - 40 Captain[/color][/color][/center]

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)

The faces of the Argonath.

The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.

Nay, the Sun and the Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilnas View Post
    Nay, the Sun and the Moon.
    Correct! White Face and Yellow Face, as Gollum called them.

(Face, rather than face - it's a name, and thus capitalized )

Thank you Sir-rinthian. The hint about capitalization got me on the right track.

Having temporarily (I hope) exhausted my store of creativity for inventing one-word riddles (this thread has been going for almost a year and a half), I am going to open up the floor and offer anyone who has not posted a question in the last week to present the next riddle.

I'll have a go, with apologies if its sort of half baked and offers other answers to the one I am looking for.

Encircled.

Encircled.
    Answer: Gondolin.

Clue: The Golden
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000342fd/signature.png]Sniffinbutz[/charsig]

Yes, your answer was right :P not that I expected it to be hard

and to answer yours, Ar-Pharazon?

Yes, your answer was right :P not that I expected it to be hard

and to answer yours, Ar-Pharazon?
    DOH! I was meaning Glaurung the Golden (dragon). But I must concede that Ar-Pharazon also bore that title, and is an excellent answer!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100000342fd/signature.png]Sniffinbutz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
    DOH! I was meaning Glaurung the Golden (dragon). But I must concede that Ar-Pharazon also bore that title, and is an excellent answer!
    Smaug was also The Golden, was he not?

I know this one is pathetically easy, but in the interests of posting something "sunset"

I know this one is pathetically easy, but in the interests of posting something "sunset"
    For being pathetically easy, it's been a while with no responses. First thing that comes to mind for me is Henneth Annun, the Window of the Sunset

Which is correct. I can only think people have been away from their computers due to the lack of any replies.

Which is correct. I can only think people have been away from their computers due to the lack of any replies.
    Nope...I was just stumped...lol!

Probably....except apparently for Ironcrown.

Uhm... okay... how about "hear"

Quote Originally Posted by Itharas View Post
    Probably....except apparently for Ironcrown.

Uhm... okay... how about "hear"
    Amon Lhaw?

Indeed it is Amon Lhaw.

Next clue is...Beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcrown View Post
    Next clue is...Beloved
    Luthien Tinuviel?

Quote Originally Posted by Itharas View Post
    Luthien Tinuviel?
    Although I'm sure she was much beloved, she's not the answer.

Is it Déagol, beloved of Sméagol?

Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast