We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 96 of 116 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2895
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilmacil View Post
    Looking through Google, would Gram happen to be the sword of Sigmund, which was broken by Odin? In which case....maybe it could relate to Narsil/Anduril?
    You're on the right track, but the wrong conclusion. After all, Manwe didn't break Narsil.

Looking further into the myth, would it happen to be Gurthang, the Iron of Death, used by Turin to slay Glaurung? Since Sigurd, Sigmund's son used Gram to kill Fafnir, turned into a dragon?

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

Looking further into the myth, would it happen to be Gurthang, the Iron of Death, used by Turin to slay Glaurung? Since Sigurd, Sigmund's son used Gram to kill Fafnir, turned into a dragon?
    Exactly, Turin's story was apparently inspired by Sigurd in general.

I'm not sure how good this one will be, but I'll give it a shot.

Celeste

I'm not sure how good this one will be, but I'll give it a shot.

Celeste
    Celeste can mean 'heavenly' so how about Varda the queen of the stars?

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    How about...

Aman
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Nope to both. You are both on the right track in that it has something specific to do with the Valar.

If not the stars, then perhaps the setting of the sun and the moon as new celestial bodies in the sky?
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Sorry, that's incorrect. Celeste is not a short form of celestial, therefore it wouldn't include the Sun and/or Moon.

Though as a hint, it is a synonym for a type of palette (hard to give a hint without giving too much).

celeste can mean pale or sky blue, which made me think Vaiya (isn't that the Arda term for the air?) I'm doubting that based on your last comment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post
    celeste can mean pale or sky blue
    You're on the right track with sky blue. Now just have to link it to a non celestial body, something earth bound (or should I say Arda bound? ;P)

Vilya, ring of air?

Blue Wizards?

Ered Luin?

No to all of those. I'm thinking of a very specific name in the works of Tolkien. If it helps, I mentioned early on that it was something that the Valar created. So with their own hands.

Hopefully this helps to solve it.

Illuin? One of the two Lamps of the Valar, it apparently shone with a blue light.

You are correct Stride!

While I had previously not heard that Illuin was referred as Sky-blue, I thought it'd be kind of neat to play around with it .

Your turn good sir.

Cool, that was a toughy.

OK here's the next one: restored

the High Kingship/Line of Kings under Aragorn and Arwen?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post
    the High Kingship/Line of Kings under Aragorn and Arwen?
    That's plausible but not what I had in mind. You're in the right 'area' though.

Erebor, or Narsil?
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Quote Originally Posted by c_the_awesome View Post
    Erebor, or Narsil?
    Fraid not. Mulkfather was much closer.

I believe Aragorn ordered the restoration of the North-South Road after becoming king.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    I believe Aragorn ordered the restoration of the North-South Road after becoming king.
    He did, but again not what I had in mind.

Think "restoration" as in English or French history.

Aragorn restoring Elros dynasty? Restoring the original 2 united knigdoms of Gondor and Arnor? Restoring the symbolic White Tree?
    .....The guy did a lot of restoring, huh.

Nothing to do with Aragorn personally, although it does relate to his kinsmen.

the return of the White Tree to Minas Tirith?

Page 96 of 116 FirstFirst ... 46 86 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 106 ... LastLast