We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 89 of 116 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2893
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    snitch:

Pippin Took, while in the service of Denethor, the Steward of Gondor, resorted to "snitching" on the Steward (to Gandalf) when the steward was ordering his servants to bring fuel to burn both him and his son Faramir on a bier.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Dweorg View Post
    Oh, nice. The next one: snitch
    Hey! Come and look at this post! You have to see who's right! I'm sure EVERYONE wants to know!

So sorry! Really sorry! I apologize!

As for the answers, sadly none of these - even though all of them fit the riddle - is correct. I will give this hint for now: Pippin, Bilbo (maybe Grima too) are close to the size of this particular snitch. You are all correct with the meaning of the word, so I can clarify: snitch - a thief and/or an informer. Both in this case. There's two hints for you.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

So sorry! Really sorry! I apologize!

As for the answers, sadly none of these - even though all of them fit the riddle - is correct. I will give this hint for now: Pippin, Bilbo (maybe Grima too) are close to the size of this particular snitch. You are all correct with the meaning of the word, so I can clarify: snitch - a thief and/or an informer. Both in this case. There's two hints for you.
    In that case I'll take a punt on Gollum.

Quote Originally Posted by StrideColossus View Post
    In that case I'll take a punt on Gollum.
    Getting close, this snitch was, I think, almost as miserable as Gollum in his deeds but no, Gollum isn't the correct answer yet. Because I was away for so long time, I think it's just fair that I help this riddle's solving by stating another hint: this snitch didn't appear in Lord of the Rings.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

Getting close, this snitch was, I think, almost as miserable as Gollum in his deeds but no, Gollum isn't the correct answer yet. Because I was away for so long time, I think it's just fair that I help this riddle's solving by stating another hint: this snitch didn't appear in Lord of the Rings.
    Perhaps Mim the Petty Dwarf then?
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilros View Post
    Perhaps Mim the Petty Dwarf then?
    And you are correct! I reckon you've mentioned somewhere that Turin's story is amongst your favourites. Nonetheless, the stage is yours.

And you are correct! I reckon you've mentioned somewhere that Turin's story is amongst your favourites. Nonetheless, the stage is yours.
    w00t w00t! Been quite a long time since I've got a 1-word trivia question right. Don't think I've ever mentioned Turin's story as being a favourite though...

Next trivia question: Enchantment
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend," Faramir in TTT by JRRT.

w00t w00t! Been quite a long time since I've got a 1-word trivia question right. Don't think I've ever mentioned Turin's story as being a favourite though...

Thingol (Elwe) falls under the enchantment of Melian in the woods (in the first age) and remained with her for about 200 years.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

I'll go for music which was what did most of the enchanting in the Silmarrillion
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000080eef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Land of Entrapment (come on vacation, leave on probation)
    Don't think I've ever mentioned Turin's story as being a favourite though...
    Um, that would most likely be me who said Turin is my favorite character from the first age. I have mentioned it a time or two.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Thingol (Elwe) falls under the enchantment of Melian in the woods (in the first age) and remained with her for about 200 years.
    I thought you'd likely get this one right away. Correct.

Then an enchantment fell on him, and he stood still; and afar off beyond the voices of lómelindi he heard the voice of Melian, and it filled all his heart with wonder and desire. He forgot then utterly all his people and all the purposes of his mind. (JRRT, The Silmarillion, Of Thingol and Melian)

Boraxxe, are you going to take this, or is this up for anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CarsontheSage View Post
    Boraxxe, are you going to take this, or is this up for anyone?
    Boraxxe has not posted since the 14th of September. If I may make so bold as to speak in his place, I do not believe Boraxxe would object to someone posting to keep it going.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -C. S. Lewis-

Go ahead folks....my brain is resting.

okay

Okay how about this:
    Friend?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CrownedKing View Post
    Okay how about this:
    Friend?
    Probably way too easy for the answer but to get it out of the way, mellon, the word which opened the doors to Moria.

I got tired of reading past the third reply....

Tom Bombadil
    Llesley Phillips of Silverload, Officer of Nimthos' Protectors of The Blessed Realm

~~~~~~ Previous Kin ~~~~~~
    Ceradwen Tinuriel's Oracles of the Golden Woods | Zola's Exile

Frodo, as named elf-friend.

Question ???

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyPhillips View Post
    Tom Bombadil
    The deuce, you say. Would you care to elaborate as to what it is you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    The deuce, you say. Would you care to elaborate as to what it is you're talking about?
    Here's my guess Duath;

LesleyPhilips (44 posts) stumbled upon this thread and
    I got tired of reading past the third reply...
    and he/she decided to answer the first riddle posted in this thread. Hence, the answer "Tom Bombadil".
    A very patient and diligent person, eh?

Here's my guess Duath;

LesleyPhilips (44 posts) stumbled upon this thread and and he/she decided to answer the first riddle posted in this thread. Hence, the answer "Tom Bombadil".
    A very patient and diligent person, eh?
    Patient and diligent indeed. Thanks for clarifying.

Hence, the answer "Tom Bombadil"
    I did not even see that Tom Bombadil w/o my reading glasses it just looks a very slightly lighter gray against the dark charcoal gray background of the forum.

Well, since CrownedKing posted a riddle (his first and only post), and never came back, I will arbitrarily award Duathrandir as the winner with his answer "mellon" for the clue "friend" since it fits quite well.
    And, we don't know what CrownedKing would have responded with (and probably never will).

So, yer up Duath!

Well, since CrownedKing posted a riddle (his first and only post), and never came back, I will arbitrarily award Duathrandir as the winner with his answer "mellon" for the clue "friend" since it fits quite well.
    And, we don't know what CrownedKing would have responded with (and probably never will).

So, yer up Duath!
    Okay, that's two I owe. I'm thinking.

Page 89 of 116 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 ... LastLast