We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Checking in: lvl 42 and climbing!

Quote Originally Posted by YvainBlakhart View Post
    From the quality of your analysis I assumed you bought your 65s.
    No, stop! DON'T! YOU MIGHT HURT MY FEELINGS! Not.

Quote Originally Posted by jewellg View Post
    May I ask why everyone gets defensive when people mention more dps? Minstrels and Guardians complained about low dps for the first year and people fought that saying they had specific roles and dps boost would step on toes, etc. Now look at where they are.

All it did was give them more options and builds and made solo/moors that much more enjoyable.
    All snarkiness aside, you simply cannot fairly compare pre-OP guards and pre-traited-warspeech Minstrels to Captains. These Guards and Minnies were severely hamstringed whilst soloing. SEVERELY. Even though both were very survivable (in their own ways), the time it took to kill even trash mobs became a major detriment to time and play.

The problems Captains face is that they have never been able to substantiate that their DPS is so low that it is effecting their ability to down even trash mobs. When you start looking at pulls as a whole, some notice that captains are more effective in "un-ideal" pulls than many DPS classes.

So, that is ultimately the hurdle the Captain community has not cleared. If they want more DPS, they will need to move away from trying to justify by being butthurt because Guards and Mins got DPS help, or just saying, "What's wrong mith moar deeps lol?"

The Captain DPS effect...the longer any discussion goes on in the captain forums, the higher the chance that the discussion will end up discussing dps.

The OP started this thread to celebrate what he felt was a great class, and how much fun he was having leveling a captain. How about being gracious and just saying "Congrats, glad you are having fun" instead of bringing out the "In the old days..." whines.
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lupini View Post
    The Captain DPS effect...the longer any discussion goes on in the captain forums, the higher the chance that the discussion will end up discussing dps.

The OP started this thread to celebrate what he felt was a great class, and how much fun he was having leveling a captain. How about being gracious and just saying "Congrats, glad you are having fun" instead of bringing out the "In the old days..." whines.
    I appreciate this gesture, I really honestly do, but I kinda put my own foot in it when I discussed the DPS myself, first. Still, there are a lot of people (not just cappies) that are having trouble letting go of stuff that has been old for a while now. :/ Sometimes talking to champs is just impossible. Or burgs. Or Hunters. Or...lol...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2