We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: 1.5.8

Unhappy 1.5.8

Well, I have spent over 3 hours trying to do this quest. I killed every mob in the instance (except the ones inside the gate). I examined the pillar. I said the name Elbereth many times while standing next to it, with it selected and not selected. i said the name Elbereth near all the pillars I could find, more than 3 times each, although none of them were selectable. The gates never opened. The quest never advanced. What am I missing? Is it bugged? Should something have happened after I examined the glowing pillar? Should other pillars have glowed? None did. Any advice appreciated.
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]Hobbit Huntress
    [COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Landroval[/COLOR]
    [/B][/COLOR]

Re: 1.5.8

I got confused with this quest too... in the rooms with the big fire pits are three pillars... the middle ones should be selectable with the hand cursor.

I just ran through this yesterday - it works fine. You examine (right-click) the pillar at the bottom of the stairs first. You than go into the side hallways and 3 of them will have pillars that you need to right-click to invoke the name. You don't say it, you examine these 3 pillars. Go to the middle room and kill the objective and you are done.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000013c6f0/01002/signature.png]Centarra[/charsig]

None of the pillars are clickable except the first one. I could not select any of the pillars except the first one.

So, since they were suppposed to be clickable and weren't, I'm going to assume that the instance was bugged.
    Last edited by artistV; Mar 03 2010 at 04:36 PM.
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]Hobbit Huntress
    [COLOR=PaleTurquoise]Landroval[/COLOR]
    [/B][/COLOR]

I am having the same problems. I can click the first obelisk and tell me invoke Elbereth at three other obelisks. Went to three different ones and can not invoke Elbereth or click on anything.

You must have went to the wrong pillars.

There are six cubby holes. More than one pillar in each cubby hole. Only three cubby holes have a single pillar that you can use. I ones you can use will have a blue high light to them. I believe you can select them the delete key.

You have been in there enough times. It is pretty simple to find the three cubbies. Find the single pillar in each of those three cubbies. Other wise you may end up clearing the whole level. Examining all the pillars. There are a lot of pillars on the level.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Apr 09 2010 at 03:35 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I did the same thing cleared everythign and was like what the hey, then i went back toward the entrance there is a pillar at the bottom of the stairs you hit first. That will unlock the 3 pillars in the side rooms, that will unlock the center.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001b6732/01003/signature.png]Vaneigem[/charsig]

Just finished this yesterday with help of two others in their mid 40's. The trick is to go slowely and do not enter the center room and engage the final enemy until all three obylisks are selected. There are side pasages that wind down and around that contain the obylisks at the end. You know you are in a room with an obylisk by the golden stairs leading up to it. The selectable obylisks are flashing gold color and are not the flashing blue ones.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000002452d/01007/signature.png]Elrondil[/charsig]

I mapped the whole area including side passages and on my return was able to click on the pillar at the bottom of the stairs. Then, as I returned to the side rooms, the pillars were glowing. I then clicked on them and the center room opened.

The key is the pillar at the bottom of the stairs. That has to be clicked first before the other ones become available. I haven't done this quest in quite some time but I remember being stumped for a while even way back then. It is not bugged. It is just that the bottom pillar must be clicked first and then there are 3 that can be clicked out of the 6 passageways you can go in.
    I have no signature