We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Stop all the solo quest walls.

Quote Originally Posted by emirikol View Post
    Didn't do the solo class quests. When it's a solo we can skip, we skip. The horse tutorial? You can deliver the horses as a group. Everyone clicks on the race at the same time and you all run around it in "landscape" together (it's not a solo instance). The point of this game, to us, is to play together.
    All will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

BTW, emirikol, what is your Kin name? I think any potential group-mates would like to know that none of you will have the basic, expected Class traits.

Random thought: Are you really just a multi-boxer and all of your Kin are actually just you? /boggle
    Last edited by auximenes; Mar 16 2010 at 09:52 AM.
    << Co-founder of The Firebrands of Caruja on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    Random thought: Are you really just a multi-boxer and all of your Kin are actually just you? /boggle
    That thought occurred to me, too. It sounds more like just a really, really serious static group, though.

Eh, emirikol, you make some good points. The first skirmish tutorial is an important learning experience (uh, kind of) but the ones for all of your other alts are just a time-sink, and the war orders quest was just to control volume at launch. But some of the same arguments have been made about the horse riding quests and various other tedious activities that need to be repeated for each character. If you're a really serious powergamer I can see skipping class quests that don't give you good rewards. I just really think you're missing a lot by skipping the skirmishes, though.

"There are many powers in the world, for good and for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming. "

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetMeasured View Post
    I just really think you're missing a lot by skipping the skirmishes, though.
    Yes, we are missing a lot. There needs to be skip button on those solo quests that block off groups from doing group content.

The skirmish solo-tutorial should be optional. Do the tutorial solo, get a warrior. Or skip the tutorial get nothing, get past the wall without breaking up and do the group skirmishes.

The solo entry into Moria skip/optional. Talk to gate man and choose prelude area or skip to Moria landscape with no rewards.

The solo entry into Mirkwood skip/optional. Talk to boatman and choose prelude solo or skip to Mirkwood landscape.

We don't mind the horse tutorial because we can do it together, SEE each other and talk in vent.

The landscape solo walls need to have side branches in the quest line to let groups by. Ppl mention the Books needing solo to present good story, which is fine. The books aren't blocking landscape, there separate from it. Keep the books solo, groups can go around them already.

The skirmish solo-tutorial should be optional.
    If I wanted to group for everything, and an investment of 15 minutes would open up a big chunk of group content (Skirmishes), then I'd invest the 15 minutes and get on with playing with my group.
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir

Quote Originally Posted by auximenes View Post
    If I wanted to group for everything, and an investment of 15 minutes would open up a big chunk of group content (Skirmishes), then I'd invest the 15 minutes and get on with playing with my group.
    Great if you have only play one character. We're not like you.

Page up. 540 minutes. 6 ppl with 54 characters.

I've read the whole thread. My last post still applies. A 15-minute investment per character nets you more group-play opportunites.

If your collective all start the tutorials at the same time, then you should all come out and be Skirmish-ready at the same time.

I do comprehend your stance on the whole thing, and I wouldn't care one bit if they allowed the tutorials to be skipped with future characters, but I'd prefer the Devs spend their time on other endeavours rather than coding a way for the tutorials to be skipped to placate a few stubborn players.

Different playing styles. Players that solo want one thing. Players that group want the other.

It looks very simple to do. Similar code was written for quests. Insignificant time involved. This should already be in the works. The group Mirkwood was buggy and changed to solo to release.

The skirmish solo-tutorial should be optional.
    The solo entry into Moria skip/optional.
    The solo entry into Mirkwood skip/optional.
    Good idea. Sadly everyone forgets about alts.

Quote Originally Posted by hulker View Post
    Good idea. Sadly everyone forgets about alts.
    No, we don't "forget" about them, we just disagree that they should have everything handed to them automatically just because one character has already done it.
    Arda Shrugged:Elendilstone

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    No, we don't "forget" about them, we just disagree that they should have everything handed to them automatically just because one character has already done it.
    Remove the skirmish tutorial and the reward. Easier to code than a skip.
    Last edited by hulker; Mar 17 2010 at 01:13 PM.

There is a difference though. People that are soloing are unable to do group quests because they need to find other people (which depending on their play timezone, may or may not be available depending on whether there are still people doing those quests anymore, etc vol 1 epic questline), people that like to group can still do solo quests, just that they chose not to do them.

Mirror deja vu'. The opposite of complaint threads about forced grouping.

BTW OP, you compared 540 minutes of solo play versus 90 minutes of group play in your complaints. It seems to me if your group of 6 plays the same allotted time, it would nowhere take you 540 minutes if you worked as efficiently on your individual talents as you work on your group ones.
    Another fault of logic is your complaint of being barred from entry to Moria, Mirkwood, or any other solo content.

We all have alt's blocked from entry into Mirkwood, because it's walled off by a solo quest.
    We all have alt's blocked from doing Skirmishes, because it's walled off by 2 solo tutorials.
    Each of these so-called walls, have a gate. You have made an individual choice not to open the gate. This is by no means the fault of Turbine.

Perhaps the game was not modeled to fit any one style of play. Perhaps it was modeled to have different choices for different styles.

The model will change with time, it says so on the opening screen. Consider how lucky you and your friends are to have 5 dedicated friends who can always commit to group play, especially when it becomes necessary.

By the way, did you skip the 3 man content as well? The School and Library in Mirobel plus the 3 in Echad Dunaan in Eregion? The two in Moria? 3 in Mirkwood?
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Garamond"]Ulhar DuDenorial,Champion[/FONT]-[FONT="Century Gothic"]Mustrum Drinksalot,Loremaster[/FONT]-[FONT="Arial Black"]Glossi Whitebeard,Minstrel[/FONT]-[FONT="Tahoma"]Hagnar Hardash,Hunter[/FONT]-[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Reikoswarve Pepperoni,Captain[/FONT]-[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Harryborn Aching,Burglar[/FONT] [/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000013a6e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Keep in mind we only play as a group of 6 now. No solo content! Basically because we're feed up with the solo-walls that we don't enjoy doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry2 View Post
    compared 540 minutes of solo play versus 90 minutes of group play in your complaints. It seems to me if your group of 6 plays the same allotted time, it would nowhere take you 540 minutes if you worked as efficiently on your individual talents as you work on your group ones.
    I'm was comparing 540 of not having fun soloing alone, vs 90 having fun with friends. The other poster was saying it was only a few minutes and we should endure the pain to get past it to the fun content. I'm pointing out getting a full group past these wall's isn't simple or a short amount of time.

Another fault of logic is your complaint of being barred from entry to Moria, Mirkwood, or any other solo content. Each of these so-called walls, have a gate. You have made an individual choice not to open the gate. This is by no means the fault of Turbine.
    Exactly why the alts are standing in front of those gates blocking us from those landscape areas. We wont play them because they've done all the content up to that wall.

Perhaps the game was not modeled to fit any one style of play. Perhaps it was modeled to have different choices for different styles.
    Yes, there are games that are group friendly. This one was. We switched to one that is.

By the way, did you skip the 3 man content as well? The School and Library in Mirobel plus the 3 in Echad Dunaan in Eregion? The two in Moria? 3 in Mirkwood?
    If 6 can't do it, we don't bother looking at it.
    No, we have always skipped Mirobel. We did it once, but there are to many chain-quests by the time you play across Eregion to Mirobel. When a group member misses a chain we don't go back to clean up a chain for 1 person, so by the time you get to Mirobel there aren't many quest available to the whole group. Mirobel seems like an optional area.
    Last edited by emirikol; Mar 27 2010 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by appleleaf View Post
    There is a difference though. People that are soloing are unable to do group quests because they need to find other people (which depending on their play timezone, may or may not be available depending on whether there are still people doing those quests anymore, etc vol 1 epic questline), people that like to group can still do solo quests, just that they chose not to do them.
    My point is we are a group and we don't want to solo. The enjoyment of the game is playing together. You can do the solo's if you want. Those walls are blocking groups are huge areas of the game and there are more and more walls each release. Moria and Mirkwood both start with walls to keep groups from entering. Also skirmishes block groups at the start. There is no reason to block landscape from anyone.
    Last edited by emirikol; Mar 27 2010 at 04:02 PM.

My point is we are a group and we don't want to solo. The enjoyment of the game is playing together. You can do the solo's if you want. Those walls are blocking groups are huge areas of the game and there are more and more walls each release. Moria and Mirkwood both start with walls to keep groups from entering. Also skirmishes block groups at the start. There is no reason to block landscape from anyone.
    Your logic is still faulty, although you realize the truth, as evident in the use of the word anyone.
    Your self denial by choice is not Turbine's fault. Nor is it Turbine's responsibility to acceed to your complaints that they adjust the game to fit your choice of playstyle. Your refusal to cross the gates provided unless you can proceed as a group is by personal choice. It is like asking the airport to allow six people to proceed thru the metal detector at one time, or you refuse to board the plane, then argue that it is the airport's fault you missed your flight.

Have fun in your other game then, and good luck.
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Garamond"]Ulhar DuDenorial,Champion[/FONT]-[FONT="Century Gothic"]Mustrum Drinksalot,Loremaster[/FONT]-[FONT="Arial Black"]Glossi Whitebeard,Minstrel[/FONT]-[FONT="Tahoma"]Hagnar Hardash,Hunter[/FONT]-[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Reikoswarve Pepperoni,Captain[/FONT]-[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Harryborn Aching,Burglar[/FONT] [/COLOR]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000013a6e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Your logic is still faulty, although you realize the truth, as evident in the use of the word anyone. Your self denial by choice is not Turbine's fault. Nor is it Turbine's responsibility to acceed to your complaints that they adjust the game to fit your choice of playstyle.
    It was a group landscape until Moria. There's no point in buying the Moria and Mirkwood expansions if your interested in playing a mmo. Your group will be broken up into to play alone, again and again. If you like mostly solo content and an occasional pug, the recent expansions are great for that.

Have fun in your other game then, and good luck.
    Thanks
    Last edited by emirikol; Mar 27 2010 at 09:45 PM.

The other poster was saying it was only a few minutes and we should endure the pain to get past it to the fun content.
    Pain? Isn't that a bit strong of a word for the situation?

When a group member misses a chain we don't go back to clean up a chain for 1 person
    For as tight-knit a kinship you seem to be, that strikes me as odd.

BTW, what game is your gaming group migrating to?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5