We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Barbaed Arrow Bleed Damage Nerfed with Volume 3

lolthread!!!!!

I am compelled to post.

by the young priest and old priest.

[COLOR=CYAN][SIZE=3]Hat Beerbane, Former .xls Wizard and Hunter Blogger[/SIZE]
    [/color]

Since I actually SEE Hunters in a lot of your sigs, I am honestly disappointed that you're acting as though this isn't that big of a deal. It's also a little confusing..

I mean, Barbed Arrow becomes one of your best (average) DPS skills, RKs are capable of completely blowing you out of the water in this regard and many others, and you're not concerned that it's now weaker?

It's not like you can complain *TOO MUCH* or anything. There are still CREEPS complaining, RIGHT NOW.
    Leader of the "[b][URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=44225]Players for Stat-Pipe & Pipe Crafting Union[/URL][/b]"

"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind." - Saruman, speaking his support of the [b][URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=44225]PSP&PCU[/URL][/b].

Quote Originally Posted by kingsmidgens View Post
    Since I actually SEE Hunters in a lot of your sigs, I am honestly disappointed that you're acting as though this isn't that big of a deal. It's also a little confusing..

I mean, Barbed Arrow becomes one of your best (average) DPS skills, RKs are capable of completely blowing you out of the water in this regard and many others, and you're not concerned that it's now weaker?

It's not like you can complain *TOO MUCH* or anything. There are still CREEPS complaining, RIGHT NOW.

That's b/c we're playing Safari Hunter w/ Dr. Livingpebble.

PS: yeah, we knew that about RKs.
    [/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Graalx2 View Post

Oh yeah, about that 55% bonus you had. It was a bug that got cleaned up with all of the other strangeness with legacy costs. It should always have been 50%.

Graal, Thanks a bunch for clearing that up that it was a bug before and this was to fix it. I appreciate it!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000002ddd3/01007/signature.png]Silmarilos[/charsig]

[COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

I need to get this thread back on track. There is alot of misinformation that has been posted.

The hepatitis virus that is food-borne is Hep A (fecal-oral germ).

Hep B is blood borne, need exchange of body fluids.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DRad123 View Post
    I need to get this thread back on track. There is alot of misinformation that has been posted.

The hepatitis virus that is food-borne is Hep A (fecal-oral germ).

Hep B is blood borne, need exchange of body fluids.

Hope this helps.

[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by kingsmidgens View Post

I think its the fact that most who knew of it were mentioned to by DEVs that it will be changed and when it happened it was like, otays lets carry on.
    Then for some like me who didnt even know the change was going on and didnt see the real difference its all good on the gravy since im still dealing a ton of damage more than I did in Moria.

As well if you have been around since SoA or MoM I guarantee you are one of the Hunters that never used Barbed Arrow because it sucked and you now only use it because of the recent changes to it to be scaleable to hnt lvl.
    In that case you should be happy its still damn good damage with the legacy. I unlike others have used that Barbed Arrow when it sucked.
    As well I sue Set SNARE while it sucks to some now too and when it gets better incase of changes Ill stand about going, thats not new.

Now BACK TO THE DEREAIL!
    Pariah Amistacia - Nimrodel - Leader of the Devils of Angmar

Quote Originally Posted by Kannos1600 View Post
    Now BACK TO THE DEREAIL!
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

As well I sue Set SNARE while it sucks to some now too and when it gets better incase of changes Ill stand about going, thats not new.

Now BACK TO THE DEREAIL!
    I use snare alot, since I tend to roll w/ speed clearers. I just wish the damn things stacked so if I'm w/ another hunter and combat ends it's OMGTHEY'RELAYINGSOMETHINGWHILE I'MLAYINGSOMETHING ISITREDORYELLOW booooooo, it's yellow. /sadface
    [/color]

barbed arrow is ****ty anyway...only reason i wanted the buff for barbed arrow is for pvp but it still doesnt even do 100 dmg to creeps anyway (with legacy maxed out while on SS)
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

Quote Originally Posted by kerryak View Post
    I use snare alot, since I tend to roll w/ speed clearers. I just wish the damn things stacked so if I'm w/ another hunter and combat ends it's OMGTHEY'RELAYINGSOMETHINGWHILE I'MLAYINGSOMETHING ISITREDORYELLOW booooooo, it's yellow. /sadface
    You dont know how many times I tell Hunters when in SH not to put TRAPS down for bosses. They just dont ****ing listen.

I put a Snare and they ask why. I tell them why. They STILL put a Trap down. *** is the Trap good for? The Troll to step on and just walk it off?

SH just an example. Dear Gaia I really wish Hunters knew WHEN TO USE SNARE AND TRAP and WHEN NOT TO USE SNARE AND TRAP!

It be grand. Alas they do not. Oh well. My pointless cry rant is done lol

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    barbed arrow is ****ty anyway...only reason i wanted the buff for barbed arrow is for pvp but it still doesnt even do 100 dmg to creeps anyway (with legacy maxed out while on SS)
    Ima just say one thing about Hnt Issues vs PvMP.

**** PVP

I put a Snare and they ask why. I tell them why. They STILL put a Trap down. *** is the Trap good for? The Troll to step on and just walk it off?
    My skill trap popped a CJ once on a skirmish boss add. It was a definite double-take moment.
    Nemesis - Brandywine
    Jenith 100 Hunter || Gavigan 78 Guardian || Kazamir 76 Captain
    Gjorn 65 Champion || Anavel 65 Burglar || Thissis 100 Warden || Mezimus 70 Loremaster

Quote Originally Posted by Graalx2 View Post
    Oh yeah, about that 55% bonus you had. It was a bug that got cleaned up with all of the other strangeness with legacy costs. It should always have been 50%.
    I can live with this.

Now here are some Nuns Having Fun...

[center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    Mexican food is the one reason I will never leave Texas. I lived in Michigan for 23 years and I have no idea how I survived without awesome Mexican food for that long.
    Born and raised Texan, and I love Mexican food something fierce, but there are places outside of Texas where you can get good Mexican food. You just have to find the smaller Taquerias that are authentic, it may take some doing but if you really want the good stuff, but you can find it.

Edited for grammar, because I was rambling about Mexican food.
    Last edited by Erelgal2; Mar 03 2010 at 12:08 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000fb7b9/signature.png]Iwontbite[/charsig]
    [color=gold]Erelgal-R5 Guardian [/color] [color=red] ~ Burzruk-R6 Blackarrow ~ Iwontbite-R5 Stalker ~ Gromsh-R5 Warleader ~ Migzrat-R3 Reaver ~ Crazyeight-R1 Weaver[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelivor View Post
    Adjustments? When a healer. pet minder or bug zapper can solo six foe in areas where a hunter of a higher level can solo 2?

I don't know about you, but I can handle more than 2 mobs at a time.... try 4-5 lol.
    [color=#00bfff]Weekend at Bill Ferny's - Windfola[/color]
    [color=#00bfff]Nanci - 100 Captain[/color]
    [color=#00bfff]Hirandiel - 100 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#00bfff]Hildimar - 100 Minstrel[/color]

Ima just say one thing about Hnt Issues vs PvMP.

**** PVP
    idk how some of you guys stay content with PvE, you all amaze me.

I get so epic bored with PvE. Everything is scripted, so monotonous. I need my enemy to try to outsmart me (well sometimes).

wish we'd have gotten a lvl 64 DPS skill instead the fail-sauce one we got.
    [CENTER][FONT=Garamond][B][COLOR=#424242]« [COLOR=#FF0000]S[/COLOR]eyz [COLOR=#FF0000]V[/COLOR]anguard - R14 »[/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042040000000a4551/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Odin_of_Freyr View Post
    idk how some of you guys stay content with PvE, you all amaze me.

I get so epic bored with PvE. Everything is scripted, so monotonous. I need my enemy to try to outsmart me (well sometimes).

wish we'd have gotten a lvl 64 DPS skill instead the fail-sauce one we got.
    I don't really PvP on this game for one reason: Its >1% of the game's content and even LESS of a focus by devs.

There are so many better PvP games out there. Try Aion for one, its pretty balanced as far as group v group...tanks can actually DO somthing (aka PULLING people). In LOTRO the balance has gone downhill since SoA, there's only one map, objectives are meaningless, freep rank gets you absolutely nothing, the PvP gear is god awful, if you don't cookie-cutter your class for PvP you get rolled, etc, etc. Basically, as far as RPG PvP is concerned, you name it and the moors doesn't have it. No one in their right mind should be playing this game specifically for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Dragon View Post
    No one in their right mind should be playing this game specifically for PvP.
    This is a ridiculous blanket statement. Of course peeps should play this game specifically for PvP. Sure it's not a PvP-centric game, sure it's combat mechanics aren't PvP-centric, blah, blah, blah. Show me another game where you can PvP and still participate in the Tolkein lore.

I've tried the other PvP games; Aion, AoC, WH, etc. The fact of the matter is that LOTRO PvP, even with its shortcomings is actually better than those other games. Now this is not because the PvP mechanics are necessarily better. PvMP is just more fun than the straight PvP in those games. It's that simple.

And this whole idea that PvP < 1% of the game content and deserves no love is pure BS too. Take a look at this thread: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=319801 and tell me there aren't more than 1% of the player base loving and leaning on the PvMP in this game for their endgame content and fun. Look at the Official 3.1 release notes and tell me PvMP only got 1% attention from the Devs.

Different strokes for different folks. Carebear if you want to in PvE land, but if it weren't for PvMP, I would never have purchased a Lifetime and I would have quit the game in August of 2007 after I had burnt through all of the PvE content that was available in the game.

By the way, how long did it take for you to cap that awesome 3.1 content update? A whole 2-3 hours! LAWL It's a good thing Turbine has the Moors...
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Porkins says:

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000fb7b9/signature.png]Iwontbite[/charsig]
    [color=gold]Erelgal-R5 Guardian [/color] [color=red] ~ Burzruk-R6 Blackarrow ~ Iwontbite-R5 Stalker ~ Gromsh-R5 Warleader ~ Migzrat-R3 Reaver ~ Crazyeight-R1 Weaver[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by P_G_Mac View Post
    Yup. You read it right.

Volume 3 Book 1 Brings about yet another nerf for hunters! Barbed arrow bleed damage now maxes out (instead of 55.5%) at a whopping 50%.

Really sick of these stealth nerfs.... really sick of em.
    I'm angry and sick of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fateHibari View Post
    I'm angry and sick of it as well.

But this was neither stealthy nor a nerf.....it was a fix and Graalx2 originally billed it as a fix. No misrepresentation, no deceit. He even said to enjoy the bonus 5% while it lasted.

Is that fried chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycaunoss View Post
    But this was neither stealthy nor a nerf.....it was a fix and Graalx2 originally billed it as a fix. No misrepresentation, no deceit. He even said to enjoy the bonus 5% while it lasted.

Is that fried chicken?

kentucky firaga chocobo.

(c) VGCats
    [/color]

The thread started off with a purpose, but I think its ended up with this guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast