We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

Hello:
    I have a Supreme Master Scholar and Supreme farmer; I have done nuffin whatsoever with my weaponsmith. Is it worth it trying to level him? I never do any farming, and my scholar provides the gold I need, so I am trying to decide if its worth it to level this toon.

Re: Is it worth it?

Probably not worth it. In the days before Guild crafting, I would have said to go for it. But, since you can only join one guild on each character, I recommend having another character that is a Weaponsmith that joins the guild.

I am also having this dilemma ,I cannot decide which guild to go for with my historian.Scholar or weaponsmith. What would you recommend ?

I am currently expert level so I am still unsure which will net me the most at higher levels. I play three tons. a hunter,loremaster and a runekeeper. So in the light of these three alts what would you all suggest I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Bombardier View Post
    Probably not worth it. In the days before Guild crafting, I would have said to go for it. But, since you can only join one guild on each character, I recommend having another character that is a Weaponsmith that joins the guild.
    Definitely this.

If you have the means to supply another character with the ore (a higher level Explorer), I would just make a different character your Weaponsmith so you can join the guild. I made myself a level 65 3A sword last night and it ID'd very nicely, so the guild has its benefits, for sure.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

5. Re: Is it worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by ashiya View Post
    I am also having this dilemma ,I cannot decide which guild to go for with my historian.Scholar or weaponsmith. What would you recommend ?

I am currently expert level so I am still unsure which will net me the most at higher levels. I play three tons. a hunter,loremaster and a runekeeper. So in the light of these three alts what would you all suggest I do.
    I would go with Scholar - you will always need the health and power potions and can make some steady income selling them too.

With Weaponsmith you are going to make a few weapons and some hunter traps until your toons get their LI's then demand drops off dramatically.

I would suggest making a mule your weaponsmith (as the poster above mentioned) and joining the weaponsmith guild with that toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    Definitely this.

If you have the means to supply another character with the ore (a higher level Explorer), I would just make a different character your Weaponsmith so you can join the guild. I made myself a level 65 3A sword last night and it ID'd very nicely, so the guild has its benefits, for sure.
    I wonder if they will ever consider dual guilds as the game progresses on. But that may put some people out of business, but it very nice when you get to make your own legendaries.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000142b86/01003/signature.png]Holice[/charsig]

If you only plan on playing one character then go with the guild that will benefit that character the most in terms of weekly guild crits. If you plan on playing more characters, that is where I think having crafting alts are very important. With my explorer, I leveled up a jeweler and a armsman (weaponsmith and woodworker) simultaneously while working on tailoring. The only downside for non-jewelers now is that at 65 there is nothing to craft other than crafted relics and the hope of getting the randomly dropped item from SG to make a 65 reforged second age with maximum guild rep.
    Thanks,

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000b138e/01007/signature.png]Malranphor[/charsig]