We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: Song Compilation

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy_217 View Post
    Kinda hard to play these songs, but that's because I keep forgetting where the keys are, I know keyboards well but some of these are weird. I'm not sure when to stop on some either, or when to pause.
    sucks to be you! lol. actually don't play songs you don't know/never heard. Mainly because u dont know the tempo so you don't have the prior basis to know what to go off of.

I play songs I've heard so i know how fast/slow things have to be hit.

Yeah guess that's part of it, I can play Silent Night fine because I've heard it a lot, most of these songs I've never heard. Time to download some of them.

has anyone found a 'paint it black tune yet?

Can someone please post the Halloweeen theme song heres the actual chords

Right Hand (octave 5/4): C# F# F# C# F# F# D F#
    Left Hand (octave 2): F# A F

or

C-F-F-C-F-F-C-F-C#-F-C-F-F
    Fangnon - Vilya - Retired Leader of Covenant of the Sword
    http://www.cotslotro.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spatchkin View Post
    has anyone found a 'paint it black tune yet?
    Theres a tune, if you wanna play the beginning part over and over it's pretty easy. Using Psomms bindings it is...

wertreww2wew (and some chord if you can figure out.)

can someone please figure out the full song dust in the wind...i see more and more people macroing it, but i want to learn how to play it...sadly, none of them will share the notes )=

Quote Originally Posted by joe21191 View Post
    can someone please figure out the full song dust in the wind...i see more and more people macroing it, but i want to learn how to play it...sadly, none of them will share the notes )=
    That's because they don't know the notes. I could type out the entire song here but my god is it a long song. That'd be an hour or two long project.

May had a little lamb:
    3212333 222 333 3212333 22321

There's my contribution
    [center][b][url=silentguard.freehostia.com][color=lightblue][size=3][font=arial]Founder of The Silent Guard[/font][/size][/color][/url][/b][/center]
    [center][i][color=silver]Gimlond Bloodhelm[/color][/i][/center]

also yes i'd love to have dust in the wind but unfotunately it will be a while i think before someone takes the time out to make it.
    [center][b][url=silentguard.freehostia.com][color=lightblue][size=3][font=arial]Founder of The Silent Guard[/font][/size][/color][/url][/b][/center]
    [center][i][color=silver]Gimlond Bloodhelm[/color][/i][/center]

how do they play the song without knowing the notes...thought they had to make the macros...

Quote Originally Posted by joe21191 View Post
    how do they play the song without knowing the notes...thought they had to make the macros...
    Lets not get into this in this thread..there's other threads on the subject already

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Couch View Post
    Theres a tune, if you wanna play the beginning part over and over it's pretty easy. Using Psomms bindings it is...

wertreww2wew (and some chord if you can figure out.)
    cool thank you!

I figured out paint it black pretty well, well at least the intro, guitar/sitar riff, and the main vocal melody. Just so you know I have 4 set to Note 12, which is the same note as E. So if you want, replace the 4's with E's. (Thats how I originally had it, but this makes it much easier to play.)

Intro: 45TYT544345 - 23454323(this parts the little flourish at the end meant to be played very fast.)
    Riff: 45TYT54434543 - 23
    Verse Melody: DSSTTYUUUYTU

I havent gotten around to figuring out the chords yet or anything, but the song is simple its basically the riff twice followed by the verse twice and repeat. The end goes a bit differently but i dont have that yet either.

I think a song good to play would be

Chicago 25 or 6 to 4

: )

I'd love to have Greenday - Good Riddance if someone can make it?

I play by ear, no macros, no mods. I can play dust in the wind (most of it) but it would take too much time to try and type out the notes and the way my keys are mapped. But if you are good at playing by ear and want to jam with me some time just add Stalarian or my alt Cervantes to your friends list.

These notes and maps you guys post help, but I learn better by having a youtube video or in-game audio playing in the background while i search for the keys I hear.

What'll I Do by Irving Berlin.

In Left Hand (If using glove pie or nonstandard mapping)

1-3-5 CMajor
    1-4-7 FMinor
    1-3-5 CMajor
    1-2-7 BDiminished

If using glove pie you can play with high octave, but the c6 will not be available.
    Melody
    1-2-3-5 (CMajor LH)
    What'll I Do
    1-c6 (FMinor LH)
    When You
    1-5-6-4 (CMajor LH)
    Are Far Away
    5-3-4-2 (BDiminished LH)
    And I am here
    2-3-2-1 (BDiminished then Finish with CMajor LH on the 1)
    What'll I do

Post An existing standard

Moved this one here to keep the ABC thread separate...
    Last edited by Northman; Apr 19 2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Moved...
    [COLOR=Navy].,.,.,.,.,.,[/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan]::.[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy],.[/COLOR]A whale of a tale, and it's all true.
    (\./)[COLOR=Navy],.,.,[/COLOR].--""--.[COLOR=Navy].,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy].[/COLOR]`\'---'`[COLOR=#222222].,.,.,.,.,[/COLOR]\[COLOR=Navy],.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy],.,.[/COLOR]'.____,__[U]^[/U]_/[COLOR=Navy],.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]

Please, please, someone post some Damien Rice songs.

I'd be very grateful.

Anything will do. Cannonball, Nine Crimes, Rootless Tree, Blowers Daughter, Delicate.. anything.

Too lazy to look through all of these pages to see if someone else already posted this..., but here....

Paint it Black
    Compiled by Halaros

2-3-4-5-4-3-2-2-c2-2-3-2-c2
    2-3-4-5-4-3-2-2-c2-2-3-2-c2
    s2-s1-s1-4-4-5-5-6-6-6-5-4-5-6
    s2-s1-s1-4-4-5-5-6-6-6-5-4-5-6

(Sounds best with the lute)
    Last edited by Enteris; Apr 18 2007 at 10:14 AM.
    Halaros - 15 Minstrel - Arkenstone
    Chelwyn - 10 Captain - Arkenstone

I figured out the whole Morrowind theme.

(-) Play very fast
    (...) Wait 2 seconds
    (Space) Wait about 1 second

12C3 C345 5C74 5-4-C3-2-1 ... 12C3 C345 5C78C78 S1 S2 S3 S2 S1 C7 C6 5 4 C354 ... C321 ... S5 ... C321

NOTES: The S5 isn't really in the tune, but there is sort of a high-pitch chime sound filling that gap, and on the lute it sounds about right.

Starting at 5C78C78 I removed a note to make this less complicated, I used S1 instead of 8 because the Lute sounds different on the highs, and finaly S3 is supposed to be SC3 but they havent added that yet.

OK this will be my first post on these boards.
    the music system is the most unique thing i have seen in any MMO in a very long time. I am very impressed with all the "polish" in the game this early.
    but i was still iffy about it until I actually figured out how to use the lute i bought way back when.
    I have to say now I'm hooked.
    my hat is truly off to the developers. you have rekindled hope that MMO's can be fun again
    Last edited by ogmius2001; Apr 18 2007 at 07:35 PM.

This was a request, the Nadesico opening theme, had octive issues so it drops down an octive mid line at times... and I havent slept in the past 2 days (am about to now). Did this off the ADV preview version of the song for simplicity.
    http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jobell20/Nadesico.wav

vs the "single" version
    http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jobell...%20BURNING.mp3

Nadesico, you get to burning
    e, 5, 6, y, u, s, d, g, h,
    h, j, g.. f, d, s, a, u, y, t, y
    t, y, u, a, s, d, f, g, h, j k, t, t, t, t, y, y, y, y,(not high enough)

e, w, e, w, y, y, u, q, w, w, e, 5, t, 5, w, w, e, e,
    --5, w, y, e, a, y, d, a, h--

e, w, q, w, y, y, e, 1, 1, 1, q, 1, t, t, y,

e, w, e, w, y, y, u, q, w, w, e, 5, t, 5, w, w, e, e,

e, w, q, w, y, y, e, 1, 1, 1, q, 1, t, t, y,

y, y, y, u, a, u, s, g, g, d..
    s, s, d, a, u, a, y, s, d,
    w, e, w, e, 5, e, 5, t, y, u, s, d, (uppper octive sharps issues)
    e, e, e, y, e, e, e, e, y, u, a, u t, e, w, q ,w, t, w
    q, q, 1, q, w, r, e, w, q, 1, q, t, r, e, r, e
    e, e, e, y, e, e, e, e, y, u, a, u t, e, w, q ,w, t, w
    q, q, 1, q, w, r, e, w, q, 1, q, t, r, e, r, e
    e, e, e, y, e, e, e, e, y, u, a, u t, e, u, s, a, u, t,
    y, t, y, e, t, y, t, y, e, u, a
    t, t, e, t, e, a, y

Talking Re: Song Compilation

((seperate thread here))
    ((http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=45075))

i am going to give you 4 reasons to perfer the DEFAULT 1,S1,C1 format over Psomm, 10-key, Querty, or any other!

Quote Originally Posted by Volund_Starfire View Post
    I do not mean to complain, but...

I can 10-key faster than most people can type. I have my music set to play with 1-8 on the 10-key. Is it possible to also post the 1-8, c1-8, s1-8 in addition to the q-i, a-k, etc. Not everyone finds that style easier to play.

Thank you.
    Yes, I at home use my 10-key to play the music, using ALT+numbpad# for shift. I can 10 key at near 200 Awpm, while I can hardly type at 130 AWPM.

Quote Originally Posted by pykedout6 View Post
    I don't use psomm's either, I have my own variation that I use to great effect. I find that its pretty easy to translate anything default mapping to mine though and prefer it over Psomm's notation
    Agreed, For the sake of translation. Since a GOOD PERCENT of us use Psomm, a GOOD PERCENT use the default, A PERCENT, use the 10-key, and STILL MORE, use custom settings. For the sake of easy translation. Let us all use the default of 1, S1, C1.

Quote Originally Posted by zlatkod View Post
    No he can't because if you look at the start of this thread it wants you to post in psomm. I'm going off the cuff to say 80% of us are using psomm so you other 20% should have to translate

Also, THANK YOU sloantech and elvirnith for your submissions. ^^
    That's indeed you going off the cuff. Since the DEFAULT settings are the ones set by TURBINE.INC. Meaning every player starting off (of whom probably will not re-map the keys until they play a jig on the default setting and get hooked) I'd have to say you psomm users are the minority. (no, i'm not hatting on Zlatkod for his lack of thoughtfullness !)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji_03 View Post
    When translating using a replacing program like... Microsoft Word, you can easily replace 1-8, with the Psomm format, and then simply go back and replace the Shift and CTRL notes by changing the coresponding numbers.
    Example: S1-q, Shift2-w

While from Psomm to default is dificult simply because if you want to change note 18 (s) AND note 10 (2) you have to manually go in for the whole song to replace either or because using the standard replace feature would re-write every note 10 "2" into a "C2" or "CTRL2" THEN it would re-write note 18 "s", so 's2' or "shift2" and you'll have a page full of "CTRLshift2" and "cs2"

Very confusing when your used to reading 1, s1, c1...
    Last edited by Kenji03; Apr 19 2007 at 01:28 AM. Reason: updating to thread that is linked, added thread link

Well, I tried it, worked with it.... but doing many songs after having played piano for years.... going from major to minor is almost impossible when switching notes combined with latency/keyboard. Thus, I post in what I use, If that is of no use to anyone then I appologize for the information is there but there is more worked involed for the person desiring to play a song without "putting any effort" into it.

Gundam Wing, endless duel - Rhythem emotion, the 2nd opening (Endless duel's theme) ---Will finish in the morning, my renders just finished so my 48 hour day is done.

5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 5, r, 5, 6, 6,
    5, 6, 7, 7, 5, 6, 3, 2, 3,
    3, 3, 3, 5, 3, r, r, r, 6, r, y, 7, a, a,

5, 5, r, 5, r, 3, 3, r, r, 5,
    5, 5, r, 5, r, 3, 3, a

t, 3, 3, t, 6, t, r, 3, r, r, 7, r, 6, t, r, t, r, 3
    3, 3, 3, 3, 3, q, w, 3, 3, r, t, r,
    t, t, t, t, r, w, 3, r, t, q
    q, w, 3, w, 3, r, 3, r, t, t, 6, 7, 7, 6, 6,
    5, 3, 5, 5, 3, 5, r, 5, 6, 6,

EDIT: so until I get my midi keyboard from home and start posting in ABC format, or just Aflat, C, E and paino notes, this is close enough for me.. I vote personal pref over anything else for playing music

last EDIT: For anyone who remebers the real toonami, gundam wing and the REAL tom check these out
    http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jobell20/gw-toonami.mov
    http://studentpages.scad.edu/~jobell20/gw-intron.mov
    bringin back the good ole days.
    Last edited by sloantech; Apr 19 2007 at 01:47 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast