We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Re: Song Compilation

The music system on Roheryn (which is the one coming to Live shortly) is using three full octaves and new keymappings.

What just happened to all the postings here that post songs using now-obsolete keymaps?
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=deepskyblue]Lle merna aut farien?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=yellow]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000005532/01008/signature.png]Northwoods[/charsig][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=yellow]
    Playing music in LotRO is as easy as [URL="http://abcnotation.org.uk/"]ABC![/URL][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

As for myself, once there is a new keymapping which I like and is used by many others such as psomm's, I will repost my songs for that keybinding as well as cleaning up the songs which either had parts lowered an octave due to lack of sharps/flats, or were missing notes here and there.

I'll also work on putting some (not all) into ABC format, but all this will wait until monday at the earliest when I get home and screw with a midi keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwoods
    The music system on Roheryn (which is the one coming to Live shortly) is using three full octaves and new keymappings.

What just happened to all the postings here that post songs using now-obsolete keymaps?
    Can you stop being so obvious about your silly keymap crusade?

As for your question, the answer is "nothing". My question to you is why troll the song compilation yet again with a snide remark that has no bearing on the discussion? My mappings have let thousands of people play with much more enjoyment over the junk defaults. What's your point?

The new keymappings for 3 octaves will either be junk and need redone, or more like mine so people can actually play proper music. I've been using a new 3 octave mapping for several months now (which simply uses the 1st octave doubled) and I think it will be generally accepted over the default if the default ends up being junk like before.

I love helping people play music. You love to do "/rude" to musicians as I know first hand - I forgave you the second you did it, but still says much about a persons character. Stick to the point of these threads...
    Ditch Quantizing!

I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth..

Here's my keymap that takes into account the newest 3rd octave. It also keeps the old keymap exactly the same. I said in another post I'd rather wait to see what Turbine makes, but this should alleviate any concerns.

I've been using this keymap as a double up of the 1st octave, and folks should find it just as intuitive.

Ditch Quantizing!

Thank you Psomm for providing the new keybindings. I would like to remind everyone this thread is for submissions of song compliations, not for discussions of the music system. KEEP IT ON TOPIC. I will be reporting anything off topic for deletion from now on.

I actually have a really easy request for anyone who owns the Death Gate Cycle, Id like the any of the songs in the back of the book converted into Psomm's new 3 octave format.

Can anyone use standard mapping and map out James Bond Theme!?

Aura Lee
    Sent by Bobbyjoe Echthelion

1 4 3 4 5 2 5
    4 3 2 3 4
    1 4 3 4 5 2 5
    4 3 2 3 4
    6 6 6(pause) 6 6 6
    6 5 4 5 6
    6 6 5 4 5 2 5
    4 3 2 3 4(pause)4
    Last edited by Pebbles_49; Jun 02 2007 at 12:39 AM.

NICE!! LEt's go get some more songs on here!

id like bodies by drowning pool. cowboys from hell by pantera. any metallica pantera or metal songs. would be sweet. if anyone has anything.

Update:

When Update 1 goes live, I will be changing the first page post into two categories, manual songs, which I will only accept in Psomm's soon to come 3 octave template, or automatic .abc songs. You can still post songs in te default keymap, but I wont be adding them to the page 1.
    Last edited by Calenyavie; Jun 03 2007 at 11:13 PM.

guess I'm stuck using .abc method after live update then. I found the psomm's setup not that effective to my own playing, and I really don't want to spend all my time trying to translate psomm's into keysettings I can use easily. Not that psomm's method is bad or anything, I just have trouble using it. might I make a suggestion to allow compilations in whatever standard form they use as well so at least those of us that don't use psomm's for whatever reason can have an easier time translating/playing if we prefer standard settings instead?

the display you have to the psomm's new keymapping is nice, but I have no idea what keys on that keyboard are what notes...so I would have to try and translate psomm into standard and then from standard into a different keymapping I might prefer, for example. others might have similar issues.

So I would like to ask you to allow or maybe set up so you have .abc/psomms/standard selection?

Why not change the title to "Manual Song compliation" or something then request the ABC songbook thread get stickied..?
    Chief Reporter for LotRONews.com and Roheryn Loyalist. My Characters:
    Katherine Fantabulous, The Perpetually Confused, neice and fellow Minstrel of..
    Hatheort Fantabulous, Father of a Thousand children. 998 are illegitimate.
    Cnapa, Grand Master Farmer and Cook, aka the Super Salad Shredder

I made a new graphic, please let me know if there is any way I can improve it.

Edit added both together.

Last edited by Psomm; Jun 04 2007 at 05:57 PM.
    Ditch Quantizing!

Thumbs up Makes sense...

That's an interesting keymapping, Psomm. It keeps the lower notes closer and more-reachable for one hand without having to stretch and cross over so much.
    [COLOR=Navy].,.,.,.,.,.,[/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan]::.[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy],.[/COLOR]A whale of a tale, and it's all true.
    (\./)[COLOR=Navy],.,.,[/COLOR].--""--.[COLOR=Navy].,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy].[/COLOR]`\'---'`[COLOR=#222222].,.,.,.,.,[/COLOR]\[COLOR=Navy],.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy],.,.[/COLOR]'.____,__[U]^[/U]_/[COLOR=Navy],.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Gman2005 View Post
    Can anyone use standard mapping and map out James Bond Theme!?
    anyone, anyone?

Question Nobody does it better...

anyone, anyone?
    I think there's one somehwere using a mapping and I believe that there are utilities that will convert one mapping to another. (Being one of the draconian purists, I shudder to think of a monophonic version of that song.)

Or do you mean one of the other title songs from the movies beyond the Norman/Barry "Dr. No" theme?
    [COLOR=Navy].,.,.,.,.,.,[/COLOR][COLOR=Cyan]::.[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy],.[/COLOR]A whale of a tale, and it's all true.
    (\./)[COLOR=Navy],.,.,[/COLOR].--""--.[COLOR=Navy].,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy].[/COLOR]`\'---'`[COLOR=#222222].,.,.,.,.,[/COLOR]\[COLOR=Navy],.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Navy],.,.[/COLOR]'.____,__[U]^[/U]_/[COLOR=Navy],.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.[/COLOR]

I don't know if this has already been posted, but here's my version of Dueling Banjos. This is my favorite song to play, mostly because so many people recognize it and give a passing "lol, nice." I've even had a few come up and attempt an actual duel.

Dueling Banjos (Guitar first, then banjo following)

111 2-3-4-5-4-3
    s1s1s1 s2-s3-s4-s5-s4-s3

333 4-5-6-7-6-5
    s3s3s3 s4-s5-s6-s7-s6-s5

3+5 3+5 3+5 4+6 3+5
    s3+s5 s3+s5 s3+s5 s4+s6 s3+s5 (x2)

7-8-s2-7-8-6-7-5-6
    s5-s6-s7-s5-s6-s4-s5 (x2)

Wash and repeat. It mostly only sounds good on the lute, but the harp isnt too bad for it. No, I'm not even going to attempt to cord when they start going fast, since I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to play on the current system. Now, get out there, find a partner and jam some banjos!

Re: Nobody does it better...

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think there's one somehwere using a mapping and I believe that there are utilities that will convert one mapping to another. (Being one of the draconian purists, I shudder to think of a monophonic version of that song.)

Or do you mean one of the other title songs from the movies beyond the Norman/Barry "Dr. No" theme?

It doesn't really matter what movie it comes from, Dr. No is fine. I want "the" theme. And if anyone wants to do like goldfinger or diamonds are forever

Hey, someone convert that Dust in the Wind into Psomm's or Default here if you get a chance. Thanks for the post, that's pretty cool.

About the key mappings used to play the songs, it's your choice if you don't want to add the new bindings (Psomm's seeming to be the most common alteration of the mappings) but for the ease of playing, try to universalize the songs into one form or another for a compilation, so we can have a sort of master list. I, for one, wouldn't mind contributing in converting songs from default to psomm's and vice versa to make separate lists for players using the two (main, imo) key mappings. Instead of complaining, we should just do some grunt work.

I, for one, couldn't play anything without the help of the people actually posting songs, probably like the majority of the posters here, yet people are complaining that the people doing the musical work aren't making it a cakewalk for them. Anyone else care to help put something together?

Man, I can't wait until the game saves your library of songs. I've been manually playing the Mario Theme over and over again =P

Re: Nobody does it better...

It doesn't really matter what movie it comes from, Dr. No is fine. I want "the" theme. And if anyone wants to do like goldfinger or diamonds are forever
    Can anyone map out the James Bond Theme? Pretty Please.......

Gman, I am currently working on a James Bond theme that I intend to try and produce in ABC format for the upcoming patch. I dont know if anyone else will beat me to it tho, as I am not a composer :-)

But I am working on it...

removed
    text
    ~Some stories are true that never happened ~
    -Elie Wiesel
    |Elendilmer|Character: Amonrohae: LoreMaster|

Re: Stones...

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    M_H,
    Which layout are you using? I've done the Ultima character gen music in Northwoods and ABC. I'm willing to give Stones a shot in whatever layout you have.

Once I'm done with something here, I'll be back and post the default config notation for it, but that'll be unison only.

I'd Love to hear any and all Ultima music you can make/rewrite in ABC format I found your character select one and use it in game for myself...gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling everytime i play it so Thank you so much for doing that one and I can't wait to hear more.

The basics for "In the End" by Linkin Park (I bet everyone knows this, but here it is anyways )

This is using Psomm's key setup - view here

D-J-J-G-V-V-V-V-G-D-J-J-G-V

This basic sceme can be copy and pasted in little pieces to make the majority of what is the verse music (also this can be played in a few different keys - this is the one I used because it's right in the middle of the 2nd octave for us).

Also, if we are able to one day put chords in ABC, reference Here and you can see all the chords in various keys on either a keyboard or a guitar - the keyboard is excellent especially for translation to the game via the Psomm setup - scroll down past the "love calculator" or whatever banner ad is up at the time to see the various chord schemes for this song.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208010000004dac/signature.png]Gerpler[/charsig]
    [I][COLOR=Yellow]"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"[/COLOR][/I]

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast