We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: The Scholars Guide

Quote Originally Posted by sariana57 View Post
    Not every node will get you a final product. The problem is getting Master components. Unless you are high level, you can not get to the vases and will not get drops
    true and true.

im 50 and im still having problems wit T5. easiest is probably that dwarf fort in SE MM, second is Imlad... which practically means there's no second lol stick to MM.

hey can somebody update the 1st post wit new recipees?
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Smile Re: The Scholars Guide

someone did their homework...nice work very very helpful, I couldn't ask for anything better
    <Founder of Eriador Elite Force>
    Lvl 50 Hobbit Burglar - Firefoot
    Rank 3 Reaver - Firefoot
    Rank 4 War Leader - Firefoot

A small update, the scholar (and all other) tools that are produced by metalsmithing are now called "superior" when they crit. Knowing this makes it easier to search for the good stuff on the AH.

For example:

[Steel Scholar's Glass]
    Description: Adds 6% to critical chance add modifier. Level 25.
    *[1 Steel Rivet]
    *[5 High-grade Steel Ingots]
    *[2 Polished Glass Lenses]
    Optional Item for increased (+44%) Critical Success: [Large Warg Tail]
    Mastery Version: [Superior Steel Scholar's Glass]
    Description: Adds 8% to critical chance add modifier. Level 25
    (Info Provided by CyberJazz)

thank you very much

Confirmed on Roheryn: scholars will get node tracking in Book 10 (August update)
    [i][color=#dbb953]"Yet there may be a light beyond the darkness; and if so, I would have you see it and be glad."[/color][/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Linwen View Post
    Confirmed on Roheryn: scholars will get node tracking in Book 10 (August update)
    Nooo! I for one liked the challenge and display my current "expert scholar" title proudly on my lvl 26 LM. However I always have a scholar work order waiting for me, so I guess I will save some coin with node tracking. Also time spent camping nodes gets tedious, so node tracking is not going to ruin it for me. It just wont have the same feeling of accomplishment.

where can I find the early third age relic?
    It seems like when I find aged text, I cant find the other and vica versa.

Same place as the aged scraps of text: shattered pitchers. Sometimes you'll get 1 of the first and 3 of the latter, or 2 and 2... You just need to collect enough pitchers that you'll have enough of both.
    [i][color=#dbb953]"Yet there may be a light beyond the darkness; and if so, I would have you see it and be glad."[/color][/i]

/me sigh this guide is really useful for new players like me , i hope someone can post other crafting guide exactly like this especially for a historian like me *wink wink* makes life easier

Just wanted to let you know that on the Books for tier 4 and higher when you achieve a critical it allows you to inscribe the name. Unfortunately it seems there cannot be spaces which hinders the greatness of this feature. By far this is the hardest thing I've come acrossed as I don't wish to may it a stupid name.
    [COLOR="Purple"]Founder & Alpha Tester[/COLOR]
    [color="violet"]Recruitment Officer for Creations of the Light, a Christian kinship on Gladden server.[/color]
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Characters: Lelah, Minstrel, SM Woodsman; Raedelle, Lore-Master, SM Scholar; Naomii, Captain, SM Metalsmith; Seana, Burglar, SM Jeweller[/COLOR]

So what about Bow Chant: Foe-Finder Recipe?

Requires only Journeyman, but I think they are overpriced because they just came out. The recipes are on the AH for nearly 2g BO, and 1g starting bid. The end result doesn't really look *that* great to me...

What do you guys think about it? I don't even know what ingredients it takes to make it. I got in a bidding war over one low-priced recipe in the last hour of the auction, but I didn't have the heart to go for more than 250silver for the recipe. I honestly don't think it's worth that much either, so I let the other guy have it. It might even go up further than that lol.

So anyone know what it takes to make this stuff?

Regarding the new recipe's, I'd wait. It won't be very long at all before the AH is flooded with them. I've already gotten two bow-chant recipe's while just poking around Annuminas. On an unrelated matter, they seem to have increased the spawn time of nodes, and Annuminas, even while it is infested with level 50ish mobs, still only has Forgotten Text's, not Ancient Vases I wouldn't mind the time increase between node spawns, if they gave us a few more places to get the damnable things.

How much does the time increase seem to be on the spawns? I have to say the artifact tracking is no help considering how long we now have to wait for nodes to repopulate.

Has anyone found the craft rep guy for us scholars yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by skiderus View Post
    Has anyone found the craft rep guy for us scholars yet ?
    He's in the front lobby in Elrond's home in Rivendell.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000012c2/01004/signature.png]Holeyn[/charsig]
    [size=-2]also Aborning (cap) and Aeglin (champ)[/size]
    Leader of [url=http://my.lotro.com/kinship-meneldor-prancing_pwnies/]Prancing Pwnies[/url] on Meneldor

Quote Originally Posted by Gravious View Post
    Regarding the new recipe's, I'd wait. It won't be very long at all before the AH is flooded with them. I've already gotten two bow-chant recipe's while just poking around Annuminas. On an unrelated matter, they seem to have increased the spawn time of nodes, and Annuminas, even while it is infested with level 50ish mobs, still only has Forgotten Text's, not Ancient Vases I wouldn't mind the time increase between node spawns, if they gave us a few more places to get the damnable things.
    ummm regarding tier 5 stuff it is dropping off mobs in angmar with some regularity I got a stack of each doing the first three tiers of rep quest

Quote Originally Posted by syrvile View Post
    He's in the front lobby in Elrond's home in Rivendell.
    thanks much i have a stack of those torn journals too :-P

so... elf captain notes still collecting dust in my vault.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620d000000026a6a/01008/signature.png]Funkykoval[/charsig]

Do have anything that we can make that is of great worth at the AH? I see etched beryl stuff and radiant armor selling for several gold each. What do we have?

Thanks!
    [IMG]http://www.jerrywagoner.com/galrin_pal2.png[/IMG]
    [B] Level 100 Lore-Master[/B]

mana and health pots and ancient lore are the best sellers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620d000000026a6a/01008/signature.png]Funkykoval[/charsig]

Dyes...1...2...3...
    [size=-2][color=lightblue]Happen: 75 Min[color=black]....[/color]Habit: 41 Burg[color=black]......[/color]Blant: 67 Champ[color=black].....[/color]Blantarg: 28 Hunter
    Flue: R3 75 Hunter[color=black]....[/color]Hobble: 51 GRD[color=black]....[/color]Blent: 30 Min[/color][color=red]
    Blarrgd: R1 BA[color=black].....[/color]Rannst: R3, Warg[/color]
    [color=yellow]Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone sees it, but only you feel the warmth.[/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkehawk View Post
    Dyes...1...2...3...
    With the exception of black, dyes are always devalued by over supply. They are far too popular as leveling items to be considered consistent moneymakers.

Not sure if this thing is updated anymore (looks like the last update was in May or so), but I wanted to add a few locations for T4 and T5 nodes.

T4
    - The salamander island in Evendim (that area near the cellar door)
    - The South Trollshaws (where the missing rider is found in Book 4 chapter 2)
    - The various ruins found in the South Eastern area of the Misty Mountains
    - North Trollshaws (in the ruins within the Wovenvales)
    - North Trollshaws (in the ruins just south of the Wovenvales... where there's a bunch of elite ogres)

T5
    - Haudh Iarchith (I think that's the name... it's the new rep dungeon just south of the Great Barrows in Bree Land)

Anyways, hope that helps.
    [LEFT][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[/COLOR]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[COLOR=#ffffff]'[/COLOR]l[COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=red]===== [COLOR=black]:::[/COLOR]Brandywine
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=white][COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[COLOR=#ffffff]'[/COLOR]l[COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]===== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][B][COLOR=#ff0000][B][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=#ff0000][B][B]========== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR]
    [/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white]========== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by boxmodeler View Post
    Not sure if this thing is updated anymore (looks like the last update was in May or so), but I wanted to add a few locations for T4 and T5 nodes.

T5
    - Haudh Iarchith (I think that's the name... it's the new rep dungeon just south of the Great Barrows in Bree Land)

Anyways, hope that helps.
    Yep, was grabbing a few ancient vases in Haudh Iarchith the other day. I'd think they could also be present in Sarnur and Annuminas, but haven't gone to check.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000012c2/01004/signature.png]Holeyn[/charsig]
    [size=-2]also Aborning (cap) and Aeglin (champ)[/size]
    Leader of [url=http://my.lotro.com/kinship-meneldor-prancing_pwnies/]Prancing Pwnies[/url] on Meneldor

Quote Originally Posted by boxmodeler View Post
    T5
    Lots of them, too.
    The smallest mimes of the gods of snow do not wish at all in their life that the great duty of the defences of the wine be diminished.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast