We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: The Scholars Guide

ive yet to find any Forgotten Text... its so damn hard to get ANY Relics of Lothlorien... the only place i know is Trollshaw's Wight...

so there's more in Evendim? Good news!

Changes i can think off is the Crit'd potions: basically they're called Extract if critted and they have the same effect as their next tier counterpart, but the same level requirement.

example (top of my head):
    lesser athelas= 150morale;
    critted lesser = lesser athelas extract = 250morale;
    athelas potion = 250 = min lv15
    critted athelas = athelas extract = 350 = min lv15
    greater = 350 = min lv25
    critted = 450 = min lv25
    etc...

i might get the stepping wrong coz Pure is for Lv45... but either way, the steppings is as such.

and theres only 1 scholar item needed for potions. used to be 2. now just 1 + amaterial u can buy from scholar dealer.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    ive yet to find any Forgotten Text... its so damn hard to get ANY Relics of Lothlorien... the only place i know is Trollshaw's Wight...

so there's more in Evendim? Good news!
    Well, my first two visits to the ruin at Tollobel in Evendim I found a Forgotten Text node, but my last two visits I have found nothing....been running around this place for an hour now, killing Salamanders (boy the Fire DoT is nasty!), and can't find anything. My entire progression is stalled for lack of Relics of Lothlorien....Dunedain Script I get dropped all the time, but I only get Relics at nodes which seem pretty sparse.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000d36/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingbear View Post
    Well, my first two visits to the ruin at Tollobel in Evendim I found a Forgotten Text node, but my last two visits I have found nothing....been running around this place for an hour now, killing Salamanders (boy the Fire DoT is nasty!), and can't find anything. My entire progression is stalled for lack of Relics of Lothlorien....Dunedain Script I get dropped all the time, but I only get Relics at nodes which seem pretty sparse.
    Your best bet is to go the work order route. It is slow and you might not get any relics at all, but making 30 silver to buy the order is a lot easier that running around four those same hours in dangerous territory and not being able to find a node.

Good luck

About the same here, I always find one in the one corner by the cellar door but very slow respawn.

Antique ones by the camp of brigands by all the burrowing neekers

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingbear View Post
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000034eb/01005/signature.png]Oliver[/charsig]

The reason some of you may have trouble finding forgotten texts is because they are hard to see. Some of them you can be standing right next to and not know they are there. The delete key is your friend

I would like to know where scarred spider eyes drop; the spiders in the trollshaws only dropped huge eyes for me.

Thanks for the hints chilidog and thirteenX. I have been back to Tollobel and found the Forgotten Text again, and like you say thirteenX, from some angles the floaty name above the node won't display making it hard to see
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000d36/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

i ALWAYS use the Delete key... how come ur a scholar and u dont know this??? lol
    jk, now u know...

scarred spider eyes is from lower-level spiders i believe... not the ones in trollshaws...

im having problems with flawed warg-ears......

and yes, i got ~200 dunedain scripts and 18 Relic of lothloriens lol

i did farm trollshaw again for a good 3 hours and got probably 30 of those... so i think after evendim patch theyre becoming more often to find...
    and that brings the dunedain to 250 lol

gotta put them in AH for real cheap now......... whoever in Nimrodel just pst me
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Quote Originally Posted by Redbeaver View Post
    im having problems with flawed warg-ears......
    Fields of Fornost and Kingsfell wargs drop these. I'm not sure about the ones in Annundir.
    The smallest mimes of the gods of snow do not wish at all in their life that the great duty of the defences of the wine be diminished.

I've changed the delete key to my "Z" and just spam that alot,

also making a hotbar for /follow works great for the hard to see ones, forgot if it was in this tread or not.

but you find that node with your Z/Delete, and hit that /follow hotkey and you're on your way for finding it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000034eb/01005/signature.png]Oliver[/charsig]

One mistake !

The ancient vase is HUGE and its level 5
    The antique vase is big and its level 3

sorry if you already knew this :/

ok does anyone besides me think that they borked the scholar profession more with the expansion.

Sure I love the fact that vendors sell more mats for the potions but for the love of god can you please not use the same one item in all recipes and then make it rare?

'U' is a great key to use too and almost exploitive.

It uses a node or items, but it happens to go through walls.

1. Get those nodes that are stuck in the wall that you normally couldn't click on.
    2. Cheat the competing scholar when he goes around the wall.
    3. Too lazy to go around the wall.

I don't know if this has been asked yet but what mobs drop the Refined Salve recipes ?

Ok. I have read through this long post during the downtime.... phew, I think that my eyes are crossed...

Anyways, let me 'splain....

My scholar just began her search for vases about a week ago. She is now at master expert scholar. Just to clarify.... I camped the Ruins south of esteldim for quite a few days.... Last week at some point they added mobs to those ruins. There are Spiders, Wargs and Aurochs there. One odd thing that I noticed was as soon as I left the ruins or logged out and came back, the mobs all changed. At one point in time, people had come up and killed all the aggro mobs and only Aurochs were up. I logged and came back in not even 5 minutes later and all of the Aurochs were gone... lol. I can't see someone coming along and killing them all in that time. Anyways, I digress.....

Being Master Expert scholar at a lowly level 15, I was wondering if there is a semi safe place to harvest my next level. It doesnt have to be 100% safe, but the ability to book it when jumped would be nice....

Thankyou for any helpful advice
    Gladden server....Legends of Eriador
    [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Melodie[/COLOR], [COLOR=Cyan]Elorah[/COLOR], [COLOR=Plum]Melora[/COLOR], [COLOR=Yellow]Kaliana[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Vocala
    [/COLOR]Addicted Crafters Anonymous (not so anonymous now :eek:)

I think it should be harder not all choices in game should be equil. Or made easy for players who just want it to be easy. They should remove the radar for all crafting. The stuff stands out is easy to see. If they make this into a box vidio game, dont need a PC for a vidio game. Try not to buy gold. Dont talk the company into making this game just another joke of a mmo. Report all farmers and buff bots. Then mabe this game wont get ruined so bad you cant stand to play it any more. Like Liniage 2 where there are more bots then players.

Good Luck,
    Mithrander

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggler View Post
    Your best bet is to go the work order route. It is slow and you might not get any relics at all, but making 30 silver to buy the order is a lot easier that running around four those same hours in dangerous territory and not being able to find a node.

Good luck
    makes me wonder how some can get massive amount of tier 5 mats to gain GM scholar

Quote Originally Posted by jhan75 View Post
    makes me wonder how some can get massive amount of tier 5 mats to gain GM scholar
    Time and many alts buying work orders.

Kinships with people collecting the mats and then forwarding them along to the scholar can help.

Plus it helps to be level 50 and able to walk through the areas mostly unharmed.

I also do a run by the AH every day and look for deals. Not everyone wants to sell things for huge amounts and not everyone realizes exactly what they are selling. If you have the inventory space start collecting now. By the time I got to tier four/five I had a lot of the mats already stored and ready to go.

I'm sure there are more efficient ways to get the mats for tier 5, but I don't have any idea what they might be. I just go along the best I can. If I ever find a better way i'll post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggler View Post
    Time and many alts buying work orders.
    Y'know, I never even thought of using alts to buy more work orders. Maybe 40 hr for forgotten lore isn't so bad after all.
    The smallest mimes of the gods of snow do not wish at all in their life that the great duty of the defences of the wine be diminished.

I have been researching the ruins on Amon Varadh lately. They are the best source of Forgotten Text that I have found so far, at least for a lone scholar. This hill I speak of is in the Trollshaws and north of the bear-infested settlement with the stables.
    Last edited by Irnaetha; Jul 05 2007 at 02:26 AM.
    Marhkam, Captain 65, Supreme Metalsmith, Arkenstone

silly question, why isn't there a superior study somewhere other than Rivendell. I can understand needing to learn at the best one (Rivendell) but it seems most other crafts superior locations are either at or near starter cities.

I'm not quite 40 yet and it's quite a hassle to get to Rivendell all the time to craft potions.

At least make one in Dullimond or something that you first need to get access to use via the Rivendell quest.

Ugh, yes. Rivendell is far to difficult to get to! Unless you're a 30+ elf or hunter...

Yeah, it's out-of-whack with the other vocations.

to find tier 1nodes..... the midgewater marshes are a good place

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
    Yeah, it's out-of-whack with the other vocations.
    Superior worktable in ND...

Your statement is true, though. Scholar is out of whack with the other ones. Because its easy-mode. Only find the nodes in ruins...mats drop from mobs...(oh, and every node gets you a final product or so...)
    [size=-2][color=lightblue]Happen: 75 Min[color=black]....[/color]Habit: 41 Burg[color=black]......[/color]Blant: 67 Champ[color=black].....[/color]Blantarg: 28 Hunter
    Flue: R3 75 Hunter[color=black]....[/color]Hobble: 51 GRD[color=black]....[/color]Blent: 30 Min[/color][color=red]
    Blarrgd: R1 BA[color=black].....[/color]Rannst: R3, Warg[/color]
    [color=yellow]Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone sees it, but only you feel the warmth.[/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkehawk View Post
    Superior worktable in ND...

Your statement is true, though. Scholar is out of whack with the other ones. Because its easy-mode. Only find the nodes in ruins...mats drop from mobs...(oh, and every node gets you a final product or so...)
    Not every node will get you a final product. The problem is getting Master components. Unless you are high level, you can not get to the vases and will not get drops
    Gladden server....Legends of Eriador
    [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Melodie[/COLOR], [COLOR=Cyan]Elorah[/COLOR], [COLOR=Plum]Melora[/COLOR], [COLOR=Yellow]Kaliana[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Vocala
    [/COLOR]Addicted Crafters Anonymous (not so anonymous now :eek:)

With the changes that the SoE update brought you pretty much can make 1 potion per node you harvest, but you have to remember there are storebought materials. While scholar is much easier now than it was, I would hardly call it easy mode. Especially because if you arent level 40+ or so you wont be able to get tier 5 drops too often.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast