We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: The Scholars Guide

Quote Originally Posted by syrvile View Post
    Yep, was grabbing a few ancient vases in Haudh Iarchith the other day. I'd think they could also be present in Sarnur and Annuminas, but haven't gone to check.
    I haven't seen any in Sarnúr, although I have spent most of my time on the upper levels. I have seen an occasional ore deposit scattered about, though.
    [COLOR=black][B]Brandywine:[/B]
    Regan - 65 Captain | Caitriona - 65 Lore-master [/COLOR][COLOR=black]| [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Norah - 65 Hunter | [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Mona - 65 Minstrel
    Una - 65 Champion [/COLOR][COLOR=black]| [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Cieara - 65 Rune-keeper | [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Arienh - 42 Burglar | Faoileann - 21 Warden[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black] [SIZE=1] 1 & 2 Waterbank Road, Tund Lóriel, Falathlorn Homesteads[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=black][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]

This is an excellent guide, next time I play my scholar I will no doubt be alt+tabbing to this thread. Nice work !

Quote Originally Posted by Caitriona_Aine View Post
    I haven't seen any in Sarnúr, although I have spent most of my time on the upper levels. I have seen an occasional ore deposit scattered about, though.
    ah that could be, having different crafting nodes or hide dropping mobs maybe in the different dungeons.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000012c2/01004/signature.png]Holeyn[/charsig]
    [size=-2]also Aborning (cap) and Aeglin (champ)[/size]
    Leader of [url=http://my.lotro.com/kinship-meneldor-prancing_pwnies/]Prancing Pwnies[/url] on Meneldor

I didnt see any of the bow chants, did i just miss them

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Felamid View Post
    I didnt see any of the bow chants, did i just miss them
    No, you didn't. The posts haven't been updated since May 1, and the OP hasn't been online since May 2.

Some of this information is also available on the Lorebook (first three tiers are pretty good, if I do say so myself - start at Profession:Scholar, and click the resource links for more specific info), but the stats for crafted items aren't there yet. It's on my to-do list, but I personally prioritize adding information that's not available in-game to the Lorebook first. If you want stats, you can generally search the AH and hover.
    The smallest mimes of the gods of snow do not wish at all in their life that the great duty of the defences of the wine be diminished.

I just started working on this craft and I have to say that Scholars have totally gotten the shaft. While my Forrester practically falls over branches that are EVERY WHERE, and my Prospector also has no trouble getting nodes, the Scholar has a TOUGH time (I have a semi-retired 50 Lore-master -- always put this off because I knew this was tough). I set off to find a stack of 50 "Ruined Second Age Trinkets". I read that they normally drop in Lone Lands in the Gobby Fort area and ruins there as well.

Well I have been here for over an hour, and gotten 15. In an hour in any of my other professions, I would have had 2 or 3 stacks easy. My guess is that I should just resort to paying a fortune and go to the AH? Is it a matter of going to the right place to find items (I killed mobs left and right, and still very rare drop). It is a great trade to have (I use the weaponsmith alot since I have the characters that can forage the other materials -- he is a GM weaponsmith). Any way will read up on this craft. Thanks.
    Last edited by WickedMofo; Sep 28 2007 at 11:38 PM.
    RETIRED.
    Book 11 : Play a Lore-master!

The drops are pretty darned rare off of mobs. You really need to find a place with a couple of nodes, and keep harvesting there.

IMO, Tier 1 is the hardest level for Scholars. There just isn't any place with as high a density of nodes as there is for the other tiers.
    The smallest mimes of the gods of snow do not wish at all in their life that the great duty of the defences of the wine be diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMofo View Post
    Well I have been here for over an hour, and gotten 15. In an hour in any of my other professions, I would have had 2 or 3 stacks easy.
    A stack of scholar mats will go a LOT further than a stack of ore or wood.
    50 ore = 25 ingots = aproximately 4 to 6 crafted items
    50 scholar mats = 25 to 50 scholarly crafted items (depending on what you make)
    [LEFT][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#ffffff][COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[/COLOR]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[COLOR=#ffffff]'[/COLOR]l[COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=red]===== [COLOR=black]:::[/COLOR]Brandywine
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=white][COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR]'[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[COLOR=#ffffff]'[/COLOR]l[COLOR=white].[COLOR=#4169e1]l[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]===== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white][B][B][COLOR=#ff0000][B][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=#ff0000][B][B]========== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR]
    [/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/B][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=white][B][COLOR=white]========== [COLOR=#000000]:::[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by boxmodeler View Post
    A stack of scholar mats will go a LOT further than a stack of ore or wood.
    50 ore = 25 ingots = aproximately 4 to 6 crafted items
    50 scholar mats = 25 to 50 scholarly crafted items (depending on what you make)
    Also, you can save your mats for scrolls and advance using dyes (especially, with alts who can mine). My main sent over 100 Ancient Iron Oxides to my scholar and he chugged right threw them saving his "expensive" mats for scrolls. Buying the Dye rec can be very important in leveling fast.

can scholars make paint for home decoration? if so who is selling the recipe?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620d000000026a6a/01008/signature.png]Funkykoval[/charsig]

You know, I don't mind so much that Scholar is out of whack with the rest of the crafting professions, but I wish that instead of getting multiple scrolls on a crit, a crit gave a bonus to that scroll. For instance, instead of getting 3 scrolls of minor metalsmithing lore on a crit, the minor metal smithing lore scroll added some small buff to the metal smithed item or increased the crit chance a bit.

As a secondary wish, the Scholar profession would be really useful and interesting if there were certain items that required identification of varying difficulty. I think of Gandalf identifying the swords in the troll horde in The Hobbit and, of course, figuring out the test to identify the One Ring. That would really expand the crafting and quest options for scholars.
    Last edited by RobinThorp; Oct 26 2007 at 12:56 PM.
    [I][COLOR=lemonchiffon][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000007dd7b/01008/signature.png]Wysper[/charsig][/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=lemonchiffon]The hasty stroke oft goes astray.[/COLOR][/I]

Quote Originally Posted by afunkykoval View Post
    can scholars make paint for home decoration? if so who is selling the recipe?
    No, scholars do not make paint for walls or floors of your house.

However, I could see additional colours being made available as recipes using a combination of two dye mats, much like the elven reputation painting recipes do currently, for instance green onion skins and indigo plants combined together to make a cyan/teal colour.
    --
    Perivane - level 54 Elf Loremaster Historian, Silverlode.

Quote Originally Posted by harrisos View Post
    for instance green onion skins and indigo plants combined together to make a cyan/teal colour.
    LoL. Can you imagine the look on the faces of scam artists who find out they can color items a teal color?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205010000031e61/signature.png]Clawgore[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by branix View Post
    LoL. Can you imagine the look on the faces of scam artists who find out they can color items a teal color?
    Yup, I can
    --
    Perivane - level 54 Elf Loremaster Historian, Silverlode.

Scholars can't make paint for the houses, but they can make paintings for houses. It's a pair of recipes hidden in the elf reputation area, as I understand it. I don't know if it requires friend or ally standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillan View Post
    Scholars can't make paint for the houses, but they can make paintings for houses. It's a pair of recipes hidden in the elf reputation area, as I understand it. I don't know if it requires friend or ally standing.
    You need to be of Friend level to get the recipes for the paintings.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000000d36/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Question Re: The Scholars Guide

If this ? has been asked before, please forgive...I was wondering if anyone happens to know what mobs drop Undeciphered Moon-letters. Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Thanks,
    Babygurl
    Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by bdc2 View Post
    If this ? has been asked before, please forgive...I was wondering if anyone happens to know what mobs drop Undeciphered Moon-letters. Any help would be greatly appreciated =)
    I've seen them drop, but not regularly. If you're not hunting nodes, I think the best place to get them is via work orders in Duillond.

Thanks..I was hunting nodes, but was hoping to make things go a bit quicker LOL Totally forgot about making dyes =P Now if I can find an area where indigo plants are, I will be a happy camper =P

Babygurl
    Windfola

Nowhere you'll be close to unless you come to a launch event...

Exclamation Re: The Scholars Guide

there are tier 2 nodes in ost laden in the lone lands
    Last edited by roberto88810; Nov 06 2007 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks..I was hunting nodes, but was hoping to make things go a bit quicker LOL Totally forgot about making dyes =P Now if I can find an area where indigo plants are, I will be a happy camper =P

Babygurl
    Windfola
    Indigo PLants grow in Trollshaws and parts of Evendim. These plants like to live in tier 4 node areas. If you see dwarf iron, you are most likely in the correct area.

Thanks,
    Babygurl
    Windfola
    tsk tsk tsk.... welcome to the world of the lores

best source for those moonies are in Bree's new instance, (Haudh ** - the name escapes me), a little south of GreatBarrows, still inside barrows down, exactly west of the castle area.

beware, there are lv42 mobs around, but they're all normal, and the nodes are abundant.

i can score ~50 moonletters in 2hr or less.
    *Sapience stuff deleted*

Nowhere you'll be close to unless you come to a launch event...

Exclamation Re: The Scholars Guide

Tier 3 scholar nodes are available throughout agamaur in the lone lands

Mirkreli.

Red face Re: The Scholars Guide

We should think about adding some of the locations of crafting items to the initial post!

So to repeat the poster above, I apologize if this has already been covered, but where is the best place to find Torn Craftsman's Diaries? Thanks all.

[i][color=#dbb953]"Yet there may be a light beyond the darkness; and if so, I would have you see it and be glad."[/color][/i]

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast