We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 338
  1. #101

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    I have passed hand bound tier3 books use the journals that scholars sell thank goodness Now to find a Navy Dye Recipe

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    42

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Rivendell sells leather bound.

    Trestlebridge sells cloth bound.

    I'm pretty unhappy about it.
    Ealdred Odesinger of Rohan - Gladden - Officer, Council of Virtue - 23 Minstrel - Historian

  3. #103

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Souhei View Post
    Rivendell sells leather bound.

    Trestlebridge sells cloth bound.

    I'm pretty unhappy about it.
    Checked North Downs (Trestlebridge). Nada. Note, the vendors there are missing names. Their titles are showing as their names. I suspect that it may be bugged. Checked most of the Shire Vendors, Rivendale, and Bree ones. Found many novice scholars, even the expert ones. None of them had the Hand-Bound books. The locations listed from beta are also not working which would most likely be indictive of a bug as I noted above. I suspect those NPC's are suppose to have them, but don't and spawned with bogus names and the default placeholders. If you look closely, it says, "Novice Scholar, Novice Scholar". Most will be "Jane SuchandSuch, Novice Scholar"

    Just did a bunch of searching to try and help fellow kinship people get the books. Thought I'd pass along the info.

  4. #104

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkkHero View Post
    Black Dye is a master craft version of Rust Dye.

    It requires Grand Master Scholar to craft.

    All black armor is sweet, let me tell ya.
    so does that mean you get it Automatically then? or what?
    Last edited by FireofRage; Apr 30 2007 at 02:57 PM.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gilroy, CA
    Posts
    166

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    DarkkHero writes: You get the [Hand-Bound Journal] from the Novice Scholar in Trestlebridge, North Downs.

    Hand-Bound Journal ....... On Vilya Server at least your Information is wrong or the Novices in that location are bugged. They have no names, so they may be bugged. The Scholar's Name is Novice Scholar and her title is Novice Scholar.

    There cannot be just one location for this item that is used in Tier 2 Recipes. I admit its kinda stupid for Lore Masters to be able to purchase the same books from Trainers at a cheaper cost than what a Scholar can make that at.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gulf Coast, MS, USA
    Posts
    170

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by FireofRage View Post
    so does that mean you get it Automatically then? or what?
    Consult the guide for the recipe of Rust Dye. In other words, no. It's an extremely rare recipe. I was the only one with it on all of Brandywine, as far as i know, for the duration of Beta.
    Last edited by DarkkHero; Apr 30 2007 at 03:36 PM.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gulf Coast, MS, USA
    Posts
    170

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite1 View Post
    DarkkHero writes: You get the [Hand-Bound Journal] from the Novice Scholar in Trestlebridge, North Downs.

    Hand-Bound Journal ....... On Vilya Server at least your Information is wrong or the Novices in that location are bugged. They have no names, so they may be bugged. The Scholar's Name is Novice Scholar and her title is Novice Scholar.

    There cannot be just one location for this item that is used in Tier 2 Recipes. I admit its kinda stupid for Lore Masters to be able to purchase the same books from Trainers at a cheaper cost than what a Scholar can make that at.


    I was quoting from memory. As far as I know, these havent been seen since beta. I have sent a private message to
    Patience in regards to these, requesting either she, or a DEV answer this question. I get many private messages asking about this as well. So, we'll see what they have to say.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    114

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    must crit success rust dye to get black dye. for all of you who are lazy.... haha. btw, i need to find a cheap way to make morale pots.... hmmm.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago!!!
    Posts
    319

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    I really hope someone in the Dev community understands how much we'd actually like to USE our book recipes and that the hand-bounds really aren't in the game. I'm dying to see the next patch. There are so many things I hope get fixed with crafting, if even one of them goes through it'll tide me over till the next patch.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    8

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite1 View Post
    I admit its kinda stupid for Lore Masters to be able to purchase the same books from Trainers at a cheaper cost than what a Scholar can make that at.
    Hahaha. Oh man you've got to be kidding. Crafting in this game is an absolute disaster.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up Re: The Scholars Guide

    This is a phenomenal guide. Thanks for the time, it must be intense.

    I found the Dwarf-carving for the Artisan quest at the Cairn of Honour, in Angmar at location 4.8N, 36.8W. Hopefully this can help aspiring scholars with locating it, since it's such a scary place. :P

    Thanks again for all of this, it's quite helpful!

    Belegil
    Landroval

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Windfola
    Posts
    5,226

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite1 View Post
    I admit its kinda stupid for Lore Masters to be able to purchase the same books from Trainers at a cheaper cost than what a Scholar can make that at.
    No player-crafted item should ever be available from the infinite magical vendor supply.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    114

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    for 20 silver you can go to duillond and buy a work order, i got two dwarf carvins and some sindarian pages out of those. i bought two so far and i should only need one more. now to just get that ballad....

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago!!!
    Posts
    319

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilyakeeper View Post
    This is a phenomenal guide. Thanks for the time, it must be intense.

    I found the Dwarf-carving for the Artisan quest at the Cairn of Honour, in Angmar at location 4.8N, 36.8W. Hopefully this can help aspiring scholars with locating it, since it's such a scary place. :P

    Thanks again for all of this, it's quite helpful!

    Belegil
    Landroval
    The only thing you need to get is the satchel, as I recall, and definitely not in Angmar! Everything else can be found in a vase (Vase is T3, right? Whatever, you get the picture) or in a Duillond Esoteric Lore Work Order. As for the satchel, it takes a little sneaking if you don't plan on killing the 20 or so wargs/wolves that stalk the North Downs hillside around it, but you can do it without any killing (I wrapped mine in open beta as a level 15 and while I did have to run for my life, I didn't get hit)

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gulf Coast, MS, USA
    Posts
    170

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    The [Ruined Dwarf Carving], in Angmar, is for the Artisan quest.

    The Satchel is for the Expert quest.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gilroy, CA
    Posts
    166

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkkHero View Post
    The [Ruined Dwarf Carving], in Angmar, is for the Artisan quest.

    The Satchel is for the Expert quest.

    HAHAHA I went looking for the Ruined Dwarf Carving at level 24 and Angmar is full of many nasty Stealthy Worgs. Was very ready to yell at DarkkHero before he posted the clarification. But Hey ..... I now have more mapped out than most 30+ players. Giants are your Friends..... Whew.... had to check and make sure I was wearing my Brown Pants after running past my first one.

    Cracked Dwarf what commonly drops them would be helpful.

    I know the Passages I got in North Downs off the Shades. Got all 3 in minutes at Amon Amrun, had to buy dwarf from Auctioneers.

    http://mehq.net is extremely helpful for pinpointing locations.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Inorder to get the Aged Scraps of Text in the most efficent manner. I took the advise of a kinsman and started hunting goblins.
    I have been using my level 15-16 champion to sweep thru Clovendale (Near Gondamon). The goblins are ranged 9 to 11. The droprate is about 15 per hour. I have not seen anyone else hunting here. There is good profit to be made by selling the receipies that drop.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Looks like I should head to some different goblins as the ones I've been fighting just don't seem to want to drop text scraps.

    So far, my time as a scholar has been spent going around to the few places where level 1 pitchers spawn, only to find them gone or to have someone camping out waiting for it. When I'm not doing that, I am failing to loot aged scraps of text from defeated enemies. I frankly don't see how I am ever going to get proficient in this trade, LOL!! But like an idiot, I keep trying. All the later stuff looks cool, but until I get more pitchers and scraps, I'm not going anywhere.

  19. #119

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by tomandshell View Post
    Looks like I should head to some different goblins as the ones I've been fighting just don't seem to want to drop text scraps.

    So far, my time as a scholar has been spent going around to the few places where level 1 pitchers spawn, only to find them gone or to have someone camping out waiting for it. When I'm not doing that, I am failing to loot aged scraps of text from defeated enemies. I frankly don't see how I am ever going to get proficient in this trade, LOL!! But like an idiot, I keep trying. All the later stuff looks cool, but until I get more pitchers and scraps, I'm not going anywhere.

    Where are you hunting and what is your level? If you are in Ered Luin, Ringdale is a good spot for pitcher camping, plus the dourhands drop the occasional text and lots of other goodies. The dwarfes tend to be 10-11ish.

  20. #120

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Just so you know, the Greater potion recipes are backwards atm. I submitted 2 bugs on it. The recipe titled Greater Essence of Athelas is actually Greater Celebrant Salve and vice versa. Same thing seems to be the case with Refined, the Refined Essence of Athelas Recipe turned out to be Refined Celebrant Salve. Don't know about Pure since I don't have any of those yet.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)
    Posts
    715

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by roborobo View Post
    Just so you know, the Greater potion recipes are backwards atm. I submitted 2 bugs on it. The recipe titled Greater Essence of Athelas is actually Greater Celebrant Salve and vice versa. Same thing seems to be the case with Refined, the Refined Essence of Athelas Recipe turned out to be Refined Celebrant Salve. Don't know about Pure since I don't have any of those yet.
    It's in the latest known issues thread. Looks like they're going to fix it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    The recipes for Greater Celebrant and Greater Athelas are backwards; Celebrant teaches Athelas, and vice versa. Hang on to the recipes, because we'll fix this retroactively in an upcoming patch.
    [size=1][font=arial][b]"And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human."
    [color=cyan]Allswell Boffinsbane[/color][/b] - [b][color=crimson]65[/color] [color=forestgreen]Hobbit[/color] Guardian[/b] - [b][color=goldenrod]Brandywine[/color] [color=slategray](Formerly Briarsby of Arkenstone)[/color][/b][/font][/size]

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillian View Post
    Where are you hunting and what is your level? If you are in Ered Luin, Ringdale is a good spot for pitcher camping, plus the dourhands drop the occasional text and lots of other goodies. The dwarfes tend to be 10-11ish.
    Thanks! I am a human and have been in Bree-land. I will head to Ered Luin for a while.

  23. #123

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    This is an excellent guide and it has helped me out quite a bit in reguards to what purple (mastery items) I need to be saving)

    For those having a hard time locating tier one scholar nodes I think the best strategy is to pick a weekday night/morning and go to the Midewater Marshes in Bree-Land. The Fort has at least eight different places a pitcher can spawn and cocoons and supply crates that can be looted that contain texts, recipes, and other interesting items.

    Just circle the Fort spamming delete to locate the pitchers, turn on floaty names so you can see them, and you can even use /follow if you are having a problem locating them.

    In a couple of days I was able to pull out enough texts to master my apprentice level and have enough left over to put up for sale at the auction hall and give some to a couple of other scholars who helped me finish a quest.

    Also it should be noted that Woodsedge has at least four spawn points and it is just a short run northeast of the Fort. Depending on your graphic settings you can probably see the ruins from the Fort when looking northeast.

    Also the Goblinhold Ruins have pitchers in them, but be careful as there are plenty of midgewater goblins roaming around that don't take kindly to having their home pillaged.

    If you get bored camping you can work on your neeker-breaker and sickle-fly deeds and the goblins in the Marsh will drop texts and trinkets and recipes from time to time. Don't be afraid to take a few of them on.

  24. #124

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    Anyone found a Superior Study yet? I checked where the guide says and there's not one in the library.

    I hope it wasn't removed with the rest of the studies :/
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000ca4f1/01008/signature.png]Cuspis[/charsig]
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    418

    Re: The Scholars Guide

    The superior study IS the entire Library at Rivendell. Just do the quest, and being in the library activates the formulas that need it.

 

 
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload