We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Yessh: minimalistic UI

Seems I got back into LotRo, so I spent 95% of my play time... updating my UI skin

You can find the new version here: Yessh UI

Some new features:
    • Enlarged Mail, Dressing, Vendor, Questing panels (credit Fireferns)
    • Enlarged Crafting panel (credit Amelise)
    • Many art tweakings (ex: accomplishment tabs, credit Wicked Mouse)
    • Embedded XLS file to automatically generate the skindefinition.xml data for custom resolutions.
    • And much, much more... (™)

My main character is 26 burglar so there are many things I can't test. Feedback is appreciated; pics helps.

Donations are welcome too! Send your copper/silver/gold => Deewe/Landroval

If you like/use my mod, feel free to say hello too ^_^
    Last edited by Arnwalden; Mar 07 2010 at 06:51 PM.

Re: Yessh: minimalistic UI

For extreme minimalism, may I suggest Ultra Mini Packs

I like it so far, especially the hunter focus above the portrait. I may have to switch to this on my hunter!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000d48f4/01003/signature.png]Propeprocul[/charsig]

[url=http://www.hobonline.org/hobforums]The House of Blackrock[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Arnwalden View Post
    Seems I got back into LotRo, so I spent 95% of my play time... updating my UI skin

*snip*

My main character is 26 burglar so there are many things I can't test. Feedback is appreciated; pics helps.

Donations are welcome too! Send your copper/silver/gold => Deewe/Landroval

If you like/use my mod, feel free to say hello too ^_^

Awesome! Welcome back to LOTRO and thanks for updating your UI! I'll definitely check it out. Very cool to see someone on Landroval doing UI's (that I know of).

And magistermarchetti... That was kind of a greaseball thing to post.
    Merric
    A Co-host of A Casual Stoll to Mordor
    A Blog and Podcast dedicated to The Lord of the Rings Online
    "Relax. Turbine employs humans, not gods." - opurt

Quote Originally Posted by magistermarchetti View Post
    For extreme minimalism, may I suggest Ultra Mini Packs

I like it so far, especially the hunter focus above the portrait. I may have to switch to this on my hunter!
    I've been toying with the idea to change the bags with that mod, or something else, for some time but I'm not convinced yet as depending on your habits you might prefer separated bags to sorts things out.

The hunter focus is above the auto attack indicator (they are in a linked frame) then I set the vitals by them in game. (We can't move the pips and attack indicators while in game)

It's a bit tricky as we can't change which layer is on top of the other and the players vitals are at the bottom, then the attack indicator then the opponent's vitals on top.

However you can edit the UI to move the hunter pips anywhere to your liking, separating them from attack indicator.

The 3 lines belows are for the position of the attack indicator, centered by default at the bottom of the screen in my UI. Only edit the X and Y position.
    • <Element ID="AutoAttackIndicatorButton " X="800" Y="826" Width="79" Height="79" />
    • <Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator" X="808" Y="836" Width="63" Height="63" />
    • <Element ID="ToolbarButton_AutoAttack_T utorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />

The 3 lines below are for the hunter and the champion pips, only edit the X and Y position accordingly
    • <Element ID="GamePlay_FervorPipDisplay " X="795" Y="813" Width="90" Height="41" />
    • <Element ID="GamePlay_AimPipDisplay" X="795" Y="813" Width="90" Height="41" />
    • <Element ID="Gameplay_AtunementUI" X="795" Y="813" Width="90" Height="41">
    • <Element ID="PipDisplay_Atunement_Pips " X="0" Y="0" Width="90" Height="41" />

It can seem complex but consult the XLS file and play with it. It shall be very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Merric View Post
    Awesome! Welcome back to LOTRO and thanks for updating your UI! I'll definitely check it out. Very cool to see someone on Landroval doing UI's (that I know of).
    Thank you and let me know if you want a specific feature for your kin. For example I could do a specific pedigree background with the pic of your choice and let's say your kin name or logo on it

Arnwalden, I've tweaked the xml file to get Yeesh to work at 1600x1200. It is not perfect, but it is playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Eldog View Post
    Arnwalden, I've tweaked the xml file to get Yeesh to work at 1600x1200. It is not perfect, but it is playable.
    Just post a pic of your actual display and what you'd like to change, I'll be glad to help if I can.