We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Shire apples...

Shire apples...

I've read in the patch notes that Shire apples will be farmed instead of bought... Will existing Shire apples be usable in the forthcoming recipes, or will they be vendor trash and unusable for crafting?
    "Fools talk, cowards are silent, wise men listen."
    - Carlos Ruiz Zafòn
    "Doubt is the father of invention."
    - Ambrose Bierce

Re: Shire apples...

Quote Originally Posted by Rakven View Post
    I've read in the patch notes that Shire apples will be farmed instead of bought... Will existing Shire apples be usable in the forthcoming recipes, or will they be vendor trash and unusable for crafting?
    My guess is that once a Shire Apple, always a Shire Apple... but I could be wrong.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1]
    [COLOR=gold][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/gildamon"]Gildamon[/URL] - Minstrel[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=indianred][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/ioanes"]Ioanes[/URL] - Loremaster[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=deepskyblue][URL="http://my.lotro.com/home/character/brandywine/arcenbryht"]Arcenbryht[/URL] - Captain[/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Rakven View Post
    When they did this previously, I was able to use my store bought veggies. I am thinking once a Shire Apple. Always a Shire Apple.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

4. Re: Shire apples...

Quote Originally Posted by Mines_of_Moria View Post
    My guess is that once a Shire Apple, always a Shire Apple... but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    When they did this previously, I was able to use my store bought veggies. I am thinking once a Shire Apple. Always a Shire Apple.
    I agree, most likely you will be able to use the apples.

What I am curious about is - Is all the Blessed Elf Flour in my bag going to magically turn into the new flour or vendor trash?
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    What I am curious about is - Is all the Blessed Elf Flour in my bag going to magically turn into the new flour or vendor trash?
    I fear it will become vendor trash. Turbine may not think it necessary to add a barter person for cooking ingredients. And they seem to prefer not doing coding that changes existing items.

I'm going to make a bunch of balls of dough with mine.
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Well-tended Shire Apple Trees...hmmm....I better get an awful lot of apples from a tree!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000001161/01008/signature.png]Aldertag[/charsig]
    "Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas"...Erwin Rommel
    Dog: The other white meat

I bought 100 shire apples to prepare for the disappearance.

8. Re: Shire apples...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn View Post
    Well-tended Shire Apple Trees...hmmm....I better get an awful lot of apples from a tree!
    Planting a crit field of anything usually produces on average 3-4 fair crops/field

Processing them gets you 4 apples each so 10 fields should yield you 120-160 apples.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

While we're on the topic: how do you get the Shire Apple Tree recipe? I've looked through the Expert and Novice Farmhands' recipe inventories; I've looked through my own recipes. No sign of a Shire Apple Tree and associated (Apples, Seeds) recipes. Have I got a blind spot? Where should I be looking?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    While we're on the topic: how do you get the Shire Apple Tree recipe? I've looked through the Expert and Novice Farmhands' recipe inventories; I've looked through my own recipes. No sign of a Shire Apple Tree and associated (Apples, Seeds) recipes. Have I got a blind spot? Where should I be looking?
    Look in your Artisan Vegetables.
    [size=2][u][url="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?328837-Sauron-vs.-Tom-Bombadil"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] ♪♫[/color][COLOR="DarkOrange"]A fun what-if video I hope lightens your day[/color][COLOR="Red"]♫♪[/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by robnkarla View Post
    Look in your Artisan Vegetables.
    Ahhhhh. And there they are. Thank you. Definitely a blind spot. Fortunately, I see my ophthalmologist later this month.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

I've just started farming and I see the recipe in Artisan, but from whom do I get the seeds? The vendor in Michael Delving doesn't have them.

Also, I was told the festival is where one gets the tart recipe, but I checked last night and no tarts. Are any available during the Spring festival?

Thanks!

Farming at artisan tier and above requires superior farmland, located in Hobbiton. The expert farmer there will have recipes, seeds, and other growing ingredients for those tiers.

The tart recipes aren't festival barter items, but rather random items in the gift boxes that show up in your mail from "a secret admirer" or acquired through doing the flower gathering quests. (It's been a while since I've done those, but I believe to start them, you speak with a quest bestower in Bree, near the boar fountain.)
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a8c5ed][COLOR=deepskyblue][B]Rochwyn[/B] • Captain[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=mediumturquoise] • Miluihel, Loremaster • Eordhe, Guardian • Duvaneth, Burglar • [i]et aliae (and others)[/i][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#303030]..................[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=1][COLOR=#a8c5ed][COLOR=deepskyblue]Blacksmith [I]((website/forum admin))[/I] of Laurelin[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=DarkSlateGray].[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][COLOR=red][COLOR=#303030]...............[/COLOR]Gulburz, Warg (R6) [/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][FONT=Papyrus][SIZE=4][COLOR=#fffacd]☼[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.gatheringoflaurelin.com/"]The Gathering of Laurelin[/URL][SIZE=4][COLOR=lemonchiffon] ☼[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000021d87/01008/signature.png]Rochwyn[/charsig]

Thank you.