We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Authorized Resellers

Is there a list of authorized resellers of game keys as I do not have a CC and I read somewhere that if I were to use PayByCash it would not count as buying the retail version... I live in a small town so buying one in a store is highly unlikely

Re: Authorized Resellers

I don't know how small your town is, but EB Games/Gamestop/Babbages has them. And Play-N-Trade or any video game store will order it for you if they don't stock it.

Also, you can buy prepaid credit cards at drugstores and some grocery/Walmart-type stores and use that to purchase the game online.
    Song - Brandywine Server

Quote Originally Posted by SuleyBlack View Post
    Is there a list of authorized resellers of game keys as I do not have a CC and I read somewhere that if I were to use PayByCash it would not count as buying the retail version... I live in a small town so buying one in a store is highly unlikely
    I've seen such things sold on ebay although I wouldn't recommend buying it there.

Maybe you could take a short day trip to the nearest commercially developed town and pickup a copy while you are there. Stop for lunch at a nice cafe. Would be fun, no?
    [LEFT][CENTER][COLOR=LightBlue]"[/COLOR][COLOR=LightBlue]The wide world is all about you; you can fence[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=LightBlue] yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.[/COLOR][COLOR=LightBlue]"[/COLOR]
    ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
    [/CENTER]
    [/LEFT]

Thanks, I'll if I can pick up a prepaid CC, I know there are a few places around that sell them... However going to the closest city is not an option atm, Due to extreme work hours and the 3 hour drive one way is bothersome.

Quick Edit: IF I were to pick up a SoA key would that count as going retail?
    Last edited by SuleyBlack; Feb 08 2010 at 12:53 PM.

Please note that EBay is NOT an authorized retailer. You should be able to purchase a valid copy of the game from any retailer that sells new video games, be it locally or online. Be sure that you are purchasing a NEW copy.

You can purchase the game directly from the Turbine Store, or even just upgrade a trial directly on the Account Management website.

Please note that an Angmar key won't be usable to upgrade a Moria trial. But you can use a pre-paid credit card (registered with your name and address for online purchase) to upgrade to Moria or Mirkwood on the Account Management website. This upgrade is immediate - no waiting for a box to arrive.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO

Thanks, I'm just wondering of a Angmar key would work for Mirkwood. Thanks for the answers