We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Man so much to learn

Hi fellow wardens,just thought i wouldpost because i have been gettingheadaches becasue........

There is so much tolearn being a warden and although i love playing warden i really feel like i am out of my depth.So i really need the help of my fellow wardens for encouragement because i sobadly want to become a good tank.

So first of what class traits should i have more spear toshe andfist or more shei to fis and sp.

Second now i have legend weapons what should i be putting my points into dps or the legacies that are on the weapon for the gambits.

my gear so ok cos i have good fellow kins who make good medium gear for me.

weapon wise well this another thing i know many say spear is good for bleeding but to help with the gambits i have been using an axe so my question is,is it just on the person who is playing awarden what they use.

Thanks in advance for the help i know i am a noob but if i do not ask iwont learn.

Re: Man so much to learn

All good questions and they will be answered in time.

But the first question we must ask is are you ASF or PSF?

Chose wisely or Tony the Tiger might steal your cookys.

Quote Originally Posted by ianwelshy View Post
    So first of what class traits should i have more spear toshe andfist or more shei to fis and sp.
    When I was levelling, I found the traits that add +1 healing pulses to be invaluable. Slot those for sure. Other than those, it probably does not matter TOO much. Slot spear traits if you are using a lot of spear gambits (you probably are) - things like Veteran (+5% spear gambit damage) and Efficient Thrust (-40% quick thrust power cost) are handy.

Second now i have legend weapons what should i be putting my points into dps or the legacies that are on the weapon for the gambits.
    I always max DPS first. Some folks might disagree, but especially when levelling, just about nothing is better than more DPS.

weapon wise well this another thing i know many say spear is good for bleeding but to help with the gambits i have been using an axe so my question is,is it just on the person who is playing awarden what they use.
    Use the best weapon you have, regardless of type. I spent a lot of time using a spear, and the bleed IS nice. But if you find a better weapon that is an axe, club, etc, then use it.

Thanks in advance for the help i know i am a noob but if i do not ask iwont learn.
    Keep asking, and good luck.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Warluk - Warleader
    Teluilas - Warden
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by bassgeek View Post

Chose wisely or Tony the Tiger might steal your cookys.
    well said, lol.

as to the OPs questions: lrn2ch3cksticky, or as humans would put it: this forum has a sticky with answers to all your questions and more, if you can't find it on the sticky, well... come back and ask again.
    The Usual Suspects, if you know us, you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgeek View Post

I read this and I was thinking... PSF... wth? (I was having a slow morning)

Then, like a flash of lightning, I realized what must have happened over the weekend.

[CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

if you are a man, spear and sword should be top as far as dps goes. You get an extra 2% for sword, spear and club damage, then as a man can get an extra 2% on top of that for swords. In the end though if you're tanking stats and LI are king, so go with the best you can get. I prefer the spear for the bleed and over all bad ***-ness of it. But it's your $9.99 a month, you can choose how to play, if you like axes, use axes.

And just 2 more bits of advice....

1) don't ever, EVER use daggers. It's disgraceful to waden's.
    and
    2) pick ASF....don't buy into the PSF propaganda. their false god has fallen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000012ed2b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by sunaris View Post
    2) pick ASF....don't buy into the PSF propaganda. their false god has fallen.
    He was never false, nor a god. Don't pick ASF, they're just bitter, bitter people.

Since you'll be needing more info on how awesome he is, I direct you to this post: http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...08&postcount=3
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

srry u have lost me what is ASF or PSF

srry u have lost me what is ASF or PSF
    Anti or Pro steve faction.
    Nerves, of the Brandywine.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    we really should add something about this to the sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    Is there a USF? (Undecided?)

Quote Originally Posted by lf2536 View Post
    we really should add something about this to the sticky.
    LtDiablo is ASF, so he's been hesitant about giving Steve (or ASF, by proxy) sticky-space.
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder_99 View Post
    We're at war, pick a side!

ASF forever. I was there when ASF was born on the Vilya server in a rebellious chat on the Warden channel. ASF!

Quote Originally Posted by Belaeren View Post
    We're at war, pick a side!

ASF forever. I was there when ASF was born on the Vilya server in a rebellious chat on the Warden channel. ASF!
    I just had a little chuckle imagining that chat.
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder_99 View Post
    ASF and PSF are like the Dark Side and the Light Side. Choosing neither means you are weak and have no purpose in life.

(And yes, THERE IS A DARK SIDE)

Quote Originally Posted by jeedai View Post
    ASF and PSF are like the Dark Side and the Light Side. Choosing neither means you are weak and have no purpose in life.

(And yes, THERE IS A DARK SIDE)
    you'd be the one to know, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by lf2536 View Post
    you'd be the one to know, wouldn't you?
    Steve knows all about the true power of the Dark Side, having been on the receiving end many, many times. I haven't been able to kill him yet. He keeps DFing (yes, Steve is a hunter.)
    Last edited by jeedai; Feb 07 2010 at 11:39 PM.

Jeedai and Steve Meet for the First Time

Steve knows all about the true power of the Dark Side, having been on the receiving end many, many times. I haven't been able to kill him yet. He keeps DFing (yes, Steve is a hunter.)
    When he spots Jeedai, Steve steps carefully through the copse. Ending his forced march, he decides conservation of energy is not necessary here. Yes. Steve can let recklessness rule with this one.

Jeedai is caught unawares by the Ambush. As Jeedai falls to a knee from the impact, Steve's next javelin pierces Jeedai's shield and the next shows Jeedai the true wages of fear as Steve reaches his target with a warden's taunt. Demonstrating amazing mastery of the spear and fist, Steve immediately begins to show why true wardens triumph.

Jeedai begins to recover, showing remarkable conviction, but Steve's blow is mighty. Under the onslaught that is Steve, Jeedai is forced to put his shield up to stem the attack. Steve mumbles that this has gone on long enough, and Jeedai is stunned as Steve jumps over the shield and delivers a boot to the head which would impress even a master of Tae Kwon Leap. When faced with the inhuman, almost grasshopper-like display of athleticism, a nearby adventurer screams and runs away.

As Steve touches down, he impales Jeedai with his spear. Though Jeedai has no heart, the strike is critical. Steve takes pity upon him and decides to carry him to the magical stone circle where he may achieve restoration.

As Steve musters to mordor to find bigger challenges, Jeedai speaks. "Sir. I have never lost before. How will I live down the shame? People will call me fail-waden, or possibly return my 'r'. Or my heart!"

Steve replies with a grin, "Tell them I DF'd," and disappears with a passing gust of wind.
    Last edited by tanis0; Feb 08 2010 at 12:32 AM.
    Wyrond -- 65 Warden -- Riddermark (Officer -- Is A Small Fellowship)
    Wyrond -- 65 Warden -- Brandywine (Semi-Retired)
    Numerous alts across three servers

Re: Jeedai and Steve Meet for the First Time

Quote Originally Posted by tanis0 View Post
    When he spots Jeedai, Steve steps carefully through the copse. Ending his forced march, he decides conservation of energy is not necessary here. Yes. Steve can let recklessness rule with this one.

Jeedai is caught unawares by the Ambush. As Jeedai falls to a knee from the impact, Steve's next javelin pierces Jeedai's shield and the next shows Jeedai the true wages of fear as Steve reaches his target with a warden's taunt. Demonstrating amazing mastery of the spear and fist, Steve immediately begins to show why true wardens triumph.

Jeedai begins to recover, showing remarkable conviction, but Steve's blow is mighty. Under the onslaught that is Steve, Jeedai is forced to put his shield up to stem the attack. Steve mumbles that this has gone on long enough, and Jeedai is stunned as Steve jumps over the shield and delivers a boot to the head which would impress even a master of Tae Kwon Leap. When faced with the inhuman, almost grasshopper-like display of athleticism, a nearby adventurer screams and runs away.

As Steve touches down, he impales Jeedai with his spear. Though Jeedai has no heart, the strike is critical. Steve takes pity upon him and decides to carry him to the magical stone circle where he may achieve restoration.

As Steve musters to mordor to find bigger challenges, Jeedai speaks. "Sir. I have never lost before. How will I live down the shame? People will call me fail-waden, or possibly return my 'r'. Or my heart!"

Steve replies with a grin, "Tell them I DF'd," and disappears with a passing gust of wind.
    I.. That was....

C'mon folks. ASF or PSF, you have to appreciate the talent and effort.
    And a Tae Kwon Leep reference! I remember when I first heard that after being linked to it by a fellow monk in EQ1. That was... over a decade ago.
    Last edited by Aggie08; Feb 08 2010 at 01:01 AM.
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Upon his arrival in Mordor, Steve is taken aback to find the fortress of Barad-dur completely empty. A servant at the door, his face completely blank as if possessing no will of his own, gestures sharply for Steve to follow him. Steve, suspecting a trap, walks slowly behind the door-keep. As they wind up the long stairs to the top of the tower, Steve feels the air around him become increasingly warm. His armor, once so comforting, becomes heavy and almost unbearably hot. Dread fills his heart as it beats rapidly against his well-armored chest.

After nearly an hour, the pair reaches the top of the stairs. A large door, emblazoned with menacing runes of unknown meaning, fills the hallway. From within, a maniacal laughter echoes over the sounds of a furious fight. The servant signals again and opens the door to reveal a duel of masters. A man, covered in stone-like armor (undoubtably Sauron), wields an enormous mace which have smashed large craters into the floor. This brute strength, however, is no match for his opponent. Much shorter and wearing only a thin, black combat suit, his opponent easily avoids the blows while scarring unnumerable gashed into Sauron's armor with a long, flaming spear. Fire burns around the pair as they dance around the room in their death match. As the second combatant turns to face him, Steve recognizes him. Though the eyes burn red with anger, hate, and an almost insane gleam and the face is marked by scars and tattoes, it is undoubedly Jeedai!

Noticing Steve, Jeedai smiles and nods his recognition. He turns back to Sauron and lets out a final cackle before closing in on his opponent. "Enough!" he shouts. He raising his hand which crackles with power, and a flash of lightning bursts into Sauron, sending him flying. He tries to stand, but is met with more lightning, this time an incessant current. Sauron rises slowly into the air. With a final grin of insane glee from Jeedai, the stone armor exploded leaving nothing in its place.

Jeedai calms almost instantly, the thrill of battle leaving him. He waves his hand to silence the raging inferno around him. He turns to Steve and says quietly, "You have come for a challenge? You have found one. Will you fight?"

Steve stammers, "But... didn't I defeat you?"

Jeedai laughs again, this time a deep, throaty laugh which reverberates through the building. "Did you honestly think you can defeat the full power of the Dark Side? That was a weak clone of myself; the smallest fraction of my power." He raises his javelin in challenge. Flames burst along its sides as it flies towards Steve, slicing through his shield and flying into the wall.

Terror fills Steve at this display of power. His eyes widen in fright as the javelin flies back to Jeedai's outstreched hand. Still, his pride will not let him run so soon (and he notices that DF is coming off cooldown). He lunges at Jeedai with his spear. Jeedai evades the strike and smashes his shield into Steve's back. Steve sprawls on the ground in pain. Jeedai kneels beside him. The expression changes once again, this time almost to pity. "Run along now, little bug," he says softly. "You are not worth my time to squash." In his shame, Steve activates his Desperate Flight and appears in a circle in the Shire. He mutters to himself, "At least here, I can find some enemies my size."

PS: How do grasshoppers hold spear anyway?
    PPS: When did the Warden forums become a place to RP? Seriously.
    Last edited by jeedai; Feb 08 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Nicely done, Sir.

PS: How do grasshoppers hold spear anyway?
    Steve has many forms, though his insectoid strength shows through in them all.

PPS: When did the Warden forums become a place to RP? Seriously.
    Eh. Call me a trendsetter.
    Wyrond -- 65 Warden -- Riddermark (Officer -- Is A Small Fellowship)
    Wyrond -- 65 Warden -- Brandywine (Semi-Retired)
    Numerous alts across three servers

Steve has many forms, though his insectoid strength shows through in them all.
    No! A shapeshifter! How will Jeedai destroy him?
    Last edited by jeedai; Feb 08 2010 at 01:52 AM.

Jeedai, flaming spear and a lightning burst coming forth from thee? You must be a dual class toon, part warden part RK. When do we get to cross the class boundries? prob a lvl75 ability
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019bf63/01005/signature.png]Donttreadonme[/charsig]

I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV

The flaming spear is undoubtedly Warden's Triumph, but I too am puzzled as to where the lightning came from.
    However, apparently both the ASF and the Stevers back Tony the Tiger! He's great!
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast