We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

About ending the trial

Hi there. I started my account as a trial mostly because I didn't knew how to buy LotRO. Now I want to end my trial and start being a subscriber, but I haven't found a way to cancel the trial and start the sub (seems I have to wait to the trial to end).

Any way to do it?

Thank you.

Re: About ending the trial

Huh, if you click "My Account" at the top right of this page it doesn't give you an "Upgrade Now" button? I know I subscribed to the real game before my trial was up, but that was 2 years ago, so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

You do not cancel the Free Trial. Just log into your Turbine account and click on the Upgrade button that's there. It will present you with the different options you have. Upgrading to SoM will include 30 days free. You don't have to wait for the end of the Free Trial. You will always get the full 10 days. Any free time will be added on to that. Subscription payment is not made until the end of the free time (10 days for MoM upgrade, +30 days for SoM upgrade). By upgrading the Free Trial you can continue playing with the characters you created on it.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Mmm strange. I have just bough Siege of Mirkwood too, but still says I'm on trial, and there's nothing saying I got the extra month.

I'm asking all of this because I can't post in the forums yet.

Edit: I managed to fix this. Thank you for the responses.
    Last edited by blueMorning; Feb 06 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueMorning View Post
    Mmm strange. I have just bough Siege of Mirkwood too, but still says I'm on trial, and there's nothing saying I got the extra month.

I'm asking all of this because I can't post in the forums yet.

Edit: I managed to fix this. Thank you for the responses.
    I'm from the EU also. If you have troubles subscribing just send me a PM.

Welcome to Lotro US!
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //