We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Trouble entering a activation code

I downloaded a free trial, off this site no problems, but i also buy off ebay a LOTR game pack with SOM and MOM, it has a european activation code but this doesnt work .

I am thinking maybe it doesnt work because the game i brought was used by someone else to make a account which is either active or inactive atm.
    Any help or suggestions ,appreciated .

Re: Trouble entering a activation code

Quote Originally Posted by bilbobeeblebrox View Post
    I downloaded a free trial, off this site no problems, but i also buy off ebay a LOTR game pack with SOM and MOM, it has a european activation code but this doesnt work .

I am thinking maybe it doesnt work because the game i brought was used by someone else to make a account which is either active or inactive atm.
    Any help or suggestions ,appreciated .
    European codes don't work for North American LOtRO. They are run by two different companies and have a different set of servers and a different game client.

Try setting up an account here: http://www.lotro-europe.com/ and following their procedure for downloading & installing the game.
    [SIZE="4"][FONT="Impact"][I][COLOR="YellowGreen"]"Behold the Chinchillas! They ride to war!"[/COLOR][/I][/FONT][/SIZE][RIGHT][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]I'm not a hobbit burglar, but I play one on Landroval![/B][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/darquo/"]Darquo Flatfoot[/URL] 61BRG | [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/ghoin/"]Ghoin Onabeerrun[/URL] 42HNT | [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/methuzelah/"]Methuzelah[/URL] 27LM | [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/feiladan/"]Feiladan[/URL] 24RK[/SIZE][/RIGHT]

ha ha , thanks for the tip, damn, im a bit gutted , ill maybe perhaps try the euro server ,maybe its possible i can get a trial on that also, made a trial account on the european site and it seems that this game i brought the activation code has been used, so i will need get a activation key from somewhere in the future.
    Last edited by bilbobeeblebrox; Feb 04 2010 at 11:53 AM.

Ebay... Is it a used product ? If so, its a pretty big scam. Those discs are useless without a valid activation code (anyone can download the client for free). I would report this seller immediately, unless he explicitly states that you can't play with those discs.

If its a new product, I'm pretty sure if you contact Codemasters and explain your situation, they will be able to help you.
    Last edited by Kentelyoo; Feb 04 2010 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentelyoo View Post
    Ebay... Is it a used product ? If so, its a pretty big scam. Those discs are useless without a valid activation code (anyone can download the client for free). I would report this seller immediately, unless he explicitly states that you can't play with those discs.

If its a new product, I'm pretty sure if you contact Codemasters and explain your situation, they will be able to help you.
    Nah i dont mind so much it was a used game, and i only paid 2.50 for it with pnp i think, i have just installed it .

i am a bit gutted , about the fact i started a trial and got my toon up to 14 nearly 15 , because i like this site more than the euro LOTR site , but oh well its a bit pointless to play on a american servers, the time diff would mean most people would be asleep when i am playing:P.

Don't worry.

You will not believe how quickly you will reach level 15 the second time. I wish you a great adventure on your European server.

Quote Originally Posted by bilbobeeblebrox View Post
    Nah i dont mind so much it was a used game, and i only paid 2.50 for it with pnp i think, i have just installed it .
    Still, selling those discs on Ebay is just wrong in my opinion.