We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unable to login with 10 day trial

I've gone back through this a couple times and cant see where i missed any part of setting up the 10 day trial period. I even added a payment method to my account and it still tells me the user name entered does not have an active "LOTRO" subscription. What am I missing?
    Last edited by fishypegleg; Feb 01 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Re: Unable to login with 10 day trial

Make sure you are using the correct username/password. The game uses the same username/password as your Turbine account. This is not the username/login used for the forums.

Also be sure that you are trying to log into the US servers (Turbine) and not the European servers (Codemasters). They each provide their own servers, clients, forums, account systems, product keys, etc. They are not interchangeable. So if you downloaded the client from Codemasters it will connect to the European servers. Be sure you have the client from Turbine installed.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Quote Originally Posted by Penter-Kar View Post
    Make sure you are using the correct username/password. The game uses the same username/password as your Turbine account. This is not the username/login used for the forums.

Also be sure that you are trying to log into the US servers (Turbine) and not the European servers (Codemasters). They each provide their own servers, clients, forums, account systems, product keys, etc. They are not interchangeable. So if you downloaded the client from Codemasters it will connect to the European servers. Be sure you have the client from Turbine installed.
    Yes I'm using the turbine account, though tried both out of frustration. Yes I installed the game with the turbine installer. Still getting the same error.

Does it give you options for language in the game launcher?
    What website does the "account" button lead to?

If the answer to the first is yes, or the second goes to a Codemasters website then you have the European version installed. You can download the US/Turbine version from here.

If the above isn't your issue, then I'd recommend contacting the Account Management department. They can confirm your login information.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO

No it doesn't give me an option for language and the account button took me to the turbine site. I uninstalled the game this morning, thanks.

Just a note:

If you do contact the Account Management department and they are able to assist, they will also be able to credit any un-used time so you are able to try the game for the full 10 days. Contact information in my signature.
    LOTRO Support Page & Knowledge Base
    To request support from a Customer Service Agent, simply click on "Submit a Ticket"
    English Account/Store Support is available Monday through Friday from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. (GMT -5). 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Contact us on Twitter @LOTRO